TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Though I don't think you picked the best examples, yea, CF is trying to make every one of their parks look the same. Too bad they don't get the same criticisms that Six Flags does, but oh, wait... that's not what the cool kids do

At least Cedar Fair's inverts have unique layouts.

Really? Take a closer look at Raptor/Silver Bullet and Talon/Patriot.

Face it, CF does the same thing that SF does, buying rides in masses. Whether its Morgan hypercoasters or Screamin' Swings they aren't any better than Six Flags.

Honestly, THIS IS A GOOD THING!

It's a ride, and a damn good one from what Robb said of the Thorpe Park one!

As Robb and I walked around SFMM on Saturday and realized that the last flat ride they got was a TILT A WHIRL, you realize that adding some of these new generation flat rides is a good thing!

CP was lacking in the newer flat rides and they seem to be doing something about it, this is a GOOD THING!

Heck, maybe I'll go this year since it seems like not as many CP Fan Boys will be there! 2007, they'll all be back!

Looks pretty cool to me--I'm not a big fan of flat rides, but I'd check it out.

The CP hard-core fans do seem to be a breed apart--kind of like the hard-core Disneyites. Over at Theme Park Insider last summer, there was one guy who kept trying to turn every thread into a "Cedar Point Rules, While Busch Gardens Sucks" thread. Most of the folks there, including me, simply ignored him.

Chuck "I would never say your favorite park sucks" Campbell

As Robb and I walked around SFMM on Saturday and realized that the last flat ride they got was a TILT A WHIRL, you realize that adding some of these new generation flat rides is a good thing!

I thought superman the escape was the last flat ride the park recieved .

And is it me but isnt this one and the one at valley fair the same exact ride but it seems that CP is dubbing it as the tallest one on the world?

Just a few thing from Don's POV...

I've ridden 3 Screamin' Swings (including Thorpe's) and both giant frisbees, and they are nothing like each other, but they the two best of their kind.

The capacity on this thing is going to rock. What other flat has a quick load time and handles 80 people at a time? Plus, unlike maXair, the SS's are lapbars only!

The big coaster is probably coming in 07. I mean jeeze, the park already has MF and Ragster (not to mention 14 other coasters). Another awesome flat is perfect for the park IMO.

Yeah, all the CF parks have B&M inverts now (cept VF I know). Guess what, those are really fun! Plus 3 of them don't have MCBRs and none of them are clones. It's not like they bought 4 B:TRs. I don't know why all these people are saying CP is turning into a six flags park, last time I was on Raptor there were 6 ride-ops and 3 trains! Exactly how is that like SFMM?

Above all I'm glad that this PBuzzer won't be at the park next year, check out his post:

"I think this is the biggest mistake ever. I am pretty sure because Im an young teenager coaster "enthusiast" I know what a "mistake" is for Cedar Point. I am also pretty sure that the people who run cedar point are alot stupider then me. I think that because of this I will like never go there again.

Seriously, this is ridiculous. People need to shut up and use their brains."

-Don "They could have put in a taco stand and I would have been all 'Yeah, more tacos!" Garrison

Cedar Point's glaring hole was the lack of really thrilling non-coasters, and two in two years is definitely a step in the right direction.

-Bryan "resented CP for having just coasters a few decent flats" Wood

Well just remember that adding the swing doesn't increase their flat ride count with Demon Drop on the way out. Though hopefully they'll find a way to save it. Just doesn't seem right to remove it.

But adding new flats is always a good idea. Makes them a more rounded park.

Though I'd love to see a top scan at Cedar Point.

I have known this was coming all year and was a bit stymied as to why they woudl add a ride with an experience so close to Max Air....Until I rode the one at Dorney.

Guys this ride it a totally different experience. It's an AWESOME ride.

Besides, in 2007 you won't recognize a thing back there and everyone won't even car about a Screamin Swing let alone Top Thrill Dragster.

I love how dissapointed all the people on Point Buzz are, they are exactly like spoiled children, which is sad. I think that this is an excellent addition to the park. It is not too thrilling for kids to not be able to handle it, and it is thrilling enough for the older generation. People on PointBuzz are idiots, and they disgrace me, because a ride is a ride, no matter how fun/thrilling it is. Don't complaind, be happy that you are getting a ride at all. I bet that they'd be completely B*tching if they hadn't gotten a ride, now they're B*tching about the ride they're getting. I personally would LOVE to get on one of these, but as I haven't been to Knotts in a few years, I hven't. It is such a perfect fit for Cedar Point, which is supposed to be a park for EVERY generation, not just B*tchy/petulent Point Buzz thrill-seekers. I say more power to ya, CP, for building a ride, and a fun ride at that. So don't complain, I mean, you have the most coasters on the planet, DO YOU REALLY NEED ANOTHER ONE?

Go there because you love the park. The atmosphere, the smell, the music. Ride your old favorites and experience a new one. Anyone who is disappointed goes to Cedar Point too much and is burned out on everything they already have.

Patrick "This thing actually looks terrifying to me" Mueller

Go there because you love the park. The atmosphere, the smell, the music. Ride your old favorites and experience a new one. Anyone who is disappointed goes to Cedar Point too much and is burned out on everything they already have.

Patrick "This thing actually looks terrifying to me" Mueller

I agree. But the thing I am most psyched about is the lower admission price AND the quote that they will be selling Cotton Candy for $.25 a stick.

From a business perspective, this may not make sense since it will cost money for the product and to pay the employees making it. But from a customer standpoint, it is BRILLIANT marketing and will bring the park positive word of mouth and general good will. It reminds me of Holiday World's free soft drink policy.

And when you have happy guests, you have repeat customers and good word of mouth, something that most chains (ie Six Flags) have forgotten about.

loopy makes a good point.

When we had season passes to SFWOA, we must've gone there 40 times across three years. Burn out was a factor with my kids. We haven't had passes since the buy-out, and probibly won't buy them next year. Will go once for the waterpark next year and that's about it.

We hit CP during thr frightfest. Going only once a season keeps their interest up.

I posted this is the other thread but I'll move it over to this one...

$6 Million does seem like a lot for a ride like this, you think they would get a discount since the last S&S ride at Cedar Point fell down. I mean its not an upcharge attraction I think, due to its location so thats cool. But I think now the bigger question is what is going in at the WWL site, since this ride doesn't even touch that land. It has to be something big if they are already prepping the site by removing the old ride, so that should be interesting. I mean I guess its not a bad ride, its just sad that their removing 2 rides and replacing it with only one

And trust me even selling cotten candy for $.25 their still making money on it, just not as much, parks upcharge so much for food its crazy. I'm talking about like 300-700% over cost. So their still making money.

Hmmm, interesting thought Phishy.

Well lets take into account the pnumatic system involved in the swing, on top of that, maybe we can add all of the landscaping and cue. It adds up pretty fast. It kind of reminds me of my bar tab last friday. :?