TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it was my first launched coaster, id have to say Hulk.

I wasnt expecting the launch to be so powerful, and the roll up top into the dive back to earth made me yell something about doing Jesus or something.

Insane, but I love it now except for the ear battering.

I still get scared on drop towers, but add me to the Acro count. Seeing the bottom of the tower while your up there makes it way scarier than the other drop towers. The helplessness when your feet leave the ground too.

Power Tower drop makes me uneasy when I'm on the inside of the towers. I don't like being able to see the other towers because it puts everything in perspective.

Acro- there is something about that ride. It is quite possibly the scariest thrill ride I've been on. Something about having the whole lower half of your body dangling and being tilted toward the ground just freaks me out.

Drop Zone (PKI)- The height is just terrifying. Freefalls scare the crap outta me.

Tall skycoasters- Right when you pull the cord and you take that initial nose dive before the slack in the rope ends...yeah, so scary.

Flight of Fear- Ever since they removed the OTSRs, I feel so vulnerable. The supports just feel so close in the dim light. The first time I rode it with the lap bars, I was ducking toward my best friend and clutching him in terror. It was probably quite the moment because he gets pretty scared on any coaster and here is the seasoned rider gripping him for dear life.

Those are the rides that consistently scrare me to death.

I must add Drop Zone @ PGA as I could have experienced true freefall, unrestrained if my friend didn't tell the ride ops we weren't secured...As for sky coasters, that initial drop when there's slack in the cable makes it scary being as you fall straight down, head first and suddenly jerked by the cable as slack lets out.

I thought the backwards lift on Stunt Fall @ WBMW Madrid was pretty damn scary the first time. It was my first shuttle coaster, and it just went steeper and steeper. But the rest of the ride was just fun

I would have to say both Acro and Deja Vue on my first trip to SFOG. Acro was only the second drop ride that I had ever been on and I almost backed out of doing it. Of course the anticipation was a lot worse than the actual drop. And then the first time I was pulled up the spike on Deja Vue, I about crapped myself. I had only just ridden my first coaster three months before and up to that point the most thrilling thing I had ever been on was a B&M invert. This was totally a different beast. Totally made the 1 1/2 hours I waited for it worth it.

I must say the Pepsi Python at Coney Island (Cincy) scared me pretty bad because it is so shotty, extremely rough and the lap bars barely work. That ride throws you around all sorts of ways, not fun. I personally don't get scared on coasters/thrill rides because I know that I am very safe on them but I must say Drop Zone (Pki) gets me ancey but I love it and Greezed Lightnin' (Sfkk) freaks me somethin major when you go in the loop backwards because you get this odd little hang time lol.

I think X is the scariest ride I've ever been on. I've ridden it twice and I still have no idea what happens on it! I remeber falling toward the ground and flipping around a whole bunch of times then I'm back in the station. But when you are going over the drop facing the ground that's the scariest/ best part, mainly because it's the only part I can remember.

There's nothing like a good SCAD tower.. Even on my fourth dive, I kept wanting to back out on the way up. I'm not a screamer, but about half way down that fourth time I couldn't hold it in. You can't see where you're going, and it doesn't slow down near the bottom like most drop rides, you're accelerating ALL the way to the net.

Any Intamin tower will pretty much do it for me. So far, the best is at Kings Dominion (Haven't rode Acro yet)

The first time you ride X, the little dip at the top made me feel a little weird. You don't know when the drop is coming.

Looking down the first drop of Son of Beast. You know the pain that is inevitable.

No coaster/flat/upcharge has ever made me scared...

A few made me uneasy.. But I still didnt hold on or anything lame...

First time ever on MF.. in the frontseat going up the lift.. it was like "so..tall..." But once I got to the top it was nothing..

Getting loaded into a SlingShot. and looking up at the towers 300 feet up for the firts time.. uneasy.. still hands free...

DropZone PKI first time... going up i was a bit ":-\" but once it stopped going up I had my arms and legs out..

Coasters and Rides are fun... not scarey