Joey's Ongoing Sporting Event Photo TR Thread

Update Pg. 22: Wrigley Field
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:35 pm

Bumping this thread...

While on the TPR Texas Trip, Dan and I decided to take a couple of sports related side-trips. Since both the new Cowboy Stadium and Rangers Ballpark are conveniently located down the street from SFoT (and our hotel), we took in a Rangers game and took the tour of the new Cowboy Stadium.

Now the first part, the stadium that should really be renamed "Jerry Jones has size issues". It's seriously WAY over the top in everything it does. But it's also seriously impressive.
Library - 0287.jpg
Welcome to Cowboy Stadium. Jerry Jones wants to make sure you know this stadium is the largest football stadium in the world...wonder why?
Library - 0245.jpg
The tour begins inside the giant giftshop. You could buy almost anything you wanted with a Cowboy logo on it. I think there was even a waffle maker.
Library - 0246.jpg
The first spot they took us was what I think is the club level concourse.
Library - 0254.jpg
They then proceed to talk about the giant video board. Again, what's with the emphasis on it being so big, Jerry? Side note: the tour guide went out of her way to talk about how "they brought in our all pro punter and told him to kick it as high as he could to make sure it didn't interfere with play." So much for that.
Library - 0261.jpg
Next stop: one of the mid-level suites. Again, way over the top. Really nice. So nice, the tour guides weren't even allowed to tell us what they sell for.
Library - 0262.jpg
The balcony seats in the suite.
Library - 0270.jpg
In case you were wondering what the replay officials view of the game is...now you know.
Library - 0255.jpg
The "party deck" area Jerry Jones ripped people off for to claim his highest attendance record. The glass also apparently slides open to give the stadium are more open-air feel. And for Jerry Jones to sell $29 "seats" outside the stadium. Again, what's the obsession with having things so large?
Library - 0273.jpg
The view from the top deck...still going to cost you $129.
Library - 0274.jpg
You can see Rangers Ballpark from the top deck too. Probably the most expensive view of the stadium around!
Library - 0284.jpg
So Jerry Jones got one thing right: suites literally right on the field. That's the view you get. You also get the seats right above the suite in case you actually want to see the game.
Library - 0280.jpg
You also get access to an exclusive club...
Library - 0282.jpg
...Which happens to double as the tunnel players run through en-route to the field. Pretty cool.

My small thing speaks for itself

Postby AllenA07 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:32 pm

I drove by the new Cowboy stadium about a year ago when going to a Rangers game. I was taken back by the sheer size of it, the thing really is massive.
--Allen

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:59 pm

Cool! I would have gone over there..but I was on the Texas trip with TPR for a reason! Yeah that place looks crazy....expensive! Looks like they gave you a nice tour of the place. The structure on the outside looks really neat.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby VegasCoaster » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:19 pm

When did you go to the Dallas stadium? Looks like it had to have been before the World Soccer Challenge since its set up for soccer. I actually went to that Chelsea vs. Club America game, but never managed to post a TR due to school induced laziness.

Kind of a rip off to pay $29 to watch the game on a bunch of tv screens since you can't really see the field unless you're the first ones there.

Postby Jew » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:30 pm

^^We didn't miss any of the credits at SFoT. Still had plenty of time to get them all thanks to Robb and Elissa's excellent planning. :)

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:45 pm

Jew wrote:^^We didn't miss any of the credits at SFoT. Still had plenty of time to get them all thanks to Robb and Elissa's excellent planning. :)

LOL Nice..and I missed the Boomerang and the kiddie credit. They gave us plenty of time, I just wanted to spend it at the park! Besides, Titan gave a GREAT view of the stadium!
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Can take balls to the face

Postby paintballer » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:45 pm

PKI ManJZ wrote:
Jew wrote:^^We didn't miss any of the credits at SFoT. Still had plenty of time to get them all thanks to Robb and Elissa's excellent planning. :)

LOL Nice..and I missed the Boomerang and the kiddie credit. They gave us plenty of time, I just wanted to spend it at the park! Besides, Titan gave a GREAT view of the stadium!

Flashbacks been down for awhile, surprised Joey got the credit that day

Postby Jew » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:25 pm

Bringing this thread back from the dead to finally finish the Texas portion with Rangers Ballpark.

One word sums up the stadium: bland. Which isn't bad, since it is bland because they obviously chose functionality over trying to be the next "OMG wow" stadium. It has good sightlines, and it is a lot smaller than it looks on TV. Coming from Dodger Stadium, I appreciated the nice wide open main concourse, but I also wish there was more stuff in the concourse to eat/drink/waste time. The stadium just feels like it is there.
Library - 0288.jpg
Here's the exterior. A pretty bland take on the "classic" ballpark design every new stadium in the last 15 years has followed. Meh. At least it's an upgrade over the cookie cutter stadiums...
Library - 0185.jpg
It's also located just down the street from SFoT. They must have done that just for me and Dan.
Library - 0291.jpg
It's actually a very bland stadium, but it does have one of those outfield pavilion section with activities for kids.
Library - 0183.jpg
The club level concourse that wasn't really a club level because it was open to everybody. It was the only place you could buy hard liquor though!
Library - 0193.jpg
The signature feature of the stadium. That's the teams offices and a bunch of suites.
Library - 0184.jpg
One complaint: the food options were awful. This was the most exciting one. There was your typical ballpark food and absolutely nothing else. No famous signature item or anything.
Library - 0292.jpg
I don't want to live in a world where those are the only beers available
Library - 0293.jpg
On the bright side, we did have great seats
Library - 0190.jpg
Andruw Jones whiffing. That never happens. Bastard.
Library - 0182.jpg
That's dedication.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Freefallbestrideever » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:08 am

Rangers Ballpark: Yes those parks have become the new cookie-cutter :lmao: I think that one is especially horrid with that eyesore in CF, they really need a new video board as well.

Cowboys Stadium: I like the idea that it's all supported by two arches, but that's about it, it seems like the average fan will be a mile high in the upper deck. A million luxury suite levels, no thanks, but it sure is better than the old dump and Jerry finally made his dream come true i guess.... :?r

Rose Bowl: My LA football dream! Renovated like Lambaugh with the suites on top, just a small simple bowl! Imagine being out there in January for a playoff game that would be sweet! Instead we will get this atrocity like Soldier Field with a skyscraper of suites on one side and the have-nots on the other :roll: Oh well it probably would be a nightmare trying to leave Pasadena after a game.

I've had the pleasure of seeing my Dodgers at Petco, AT&T and Angel Stadium. At&t takes the cake, but i regret not walking around the field level concourse at Petco most parks let you do that even with a ticket for the Upper deck. Our stadiums definitely need new HD Screens!

Just a tip, maybe we can get some bigger pictures? 24'' monitor here :b
Loge Box MVP! I would never pay insane prices for dugout or field level tickets esp. when IMO you get a better perspective by being elevated. Go Doyers!
Coasters: 59
Assume nothing; Question everything

Postby Jew » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:46 am

I would do larger photos if the upload feature didn't specifically say photos should be 800x600 and a maximum of 150k.

Being elevated is great, but trust me...the experience of getting to see a 95mph fastball up close, hear the players talking, and being that close to the action is also a great perspective. I would highly recommend saving your money and splurging once on Dugout club seats.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random