Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:56 pm

I have never had a problem with the employees. Last season most of the rides had great dispatches and the rides that were stacking were the ones you would expect it on (Georgia Scorcher, S:UF) but even those were really because of problems with guests not the employees.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby adeuce02 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:53 pm

I never been to sfog want to here soon but they cant be as bad as sfa in maryland. Idk if your looking for fast ride ops some crews are fast some are not. I went to sp on fri and wow most of there crews were slow. Magnum coming out of the tunnel for 15mins straight stop quick on those brakes cause there was trains stack you could here the brakes squeaking from the station

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Spideyfreak » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:37 pm

adeuce02 wrote:I never been to sfog want to here soon but they cant be as bad as sfa in maryland. Idk if your looking for fast ride ops some crews are fast some are not. I went to sp on fri and wow most of there crews were slow. Magnum coming out of the tunnel for 15mins straight stop quick on those brakes cause there was trains stack you could here the brakes squeaking from the station

What?

English please?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Six Flags over Georgia: FlashPass?

Postby KevinYee » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:17 pm

Am I correct in assuming that the FlashPass at SFOG is a Q-bot?

We're going on a Saturday in July. Never been before. Have kids and will need to spend lots of time on the kid stuff (Thomastown, etc), but want to see 2-4 of the coasters for the adults. Problem: we have no "babysitter" so we'll just take turns going on the big rides.

Question: should we get a Gold FLP? And if so, can we get away with buying a one-person version, rather than a two-person, since we'll have to take turns anyway?

Will the park be busy enough to need a FLP?

Thanks in advance!
Kevin "wants Robb to re-calculate how many hamsters in parachutes would be needed to completely cover the Rivers of America now that Fantasmic has been re-done" Yee

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:30 pm

I believe that SFoG has more rides on its Qbot system than any other Six Flags park. They do include every single coaster as well as many of the more popular flat/water rides. Since it is in the middle of summer you may decide that you want to get one, especially if you are going over the weekend. The Gold Qbot is quite expensive, but worth it if you are really into riding things more than once. Though you can earn all the credits and most of the regular rides with the regular Qbot, even on a busy day (I would do Superman and Monster Mansion ASAP) but you will probably not get many re-rides.

http://www.sixflags.com/overGeorgia/tic ... hpass.aspx

EDIT: I forgot you mentioned that you will probably just be riding the big coasters in groups of one at a time :), so the Gold Qbot will be the best bet. Especially since you will be going at "Little Kid" speed.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby KevinYee » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:54 pm

So the gold Q-bot can be "shared" (ie, we use it one at a time)?

The park won't know, or care?

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:58 pm

KevinYee wrote:So the gold Q-bot can be "shared" (ie, we use it one at a time)?

The park won't know, or care?

Yes, it can be shared, since nobody's name is actually on it. Its not against park rules at all.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

SFOG to admit military for free on select days in September

Postby Hotlanta » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:10 am

Six Flags over Georgia is giving away free admission to military men and women as well as two dependents. Good for them on doing something good for our men and women.

From the Atlanta Journal Constitution:

It’s Military Appreciation Days at Six Flags over Georgia. Active members of the U.S. Military will get free admission to Six Flags on select days throughout September. Actives and reservists will receive free admission for themselves and up to two dependents on branch-specific days by presenting their military identification cards. If additional admission passes are needed for family and friends of military personnel, they can be purchased for 50 percent off the main-gate admission price.

Here are the dates for specific military branches:

Sept. 19 – Air Force
Sept. 20 – Navy & Coast Guard
Sept. 26 – Army
Sept. 27 – Marines

Six Flags Friends is partnering with Forgotten Soldiers Outreach (FSO), a non-profit organization that distributes care-packages and letters to U.S. Military personnel stationed at bases around the world. During Military Appreciation Days, park guests have the opportunity to send personalized letters of encouragement to soldiers currently deployed. A care-package donation drive will also take place at the park.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Flooding at Six Flags Over Georgia

Postby bdstrom » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:05 am

Stumbled upon this picture of flooded Six Flags Over Georgia on CNN.com. Anyone have more pictures?
t1home.flood.sixflags.wgcl.jpg

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Hotlanta » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:26 am

I don't have a picture but a news chopper was hovering over SFOG and most of the Great American Scream Machine was under water. That was the only shot they showed. That area to the west of Atlanta was severely effected. I-20 remains closed in that part of town because it is under water.

I love to the south of downtown and we only got rain but there is a lot of flooding to the north and west of downton.

Here is a news report:

You can make all of the "water park" jokes you want, but Six Flags over Georgia will open this weekend, a park spokeswoman said Tuesday.

Park employees have been checking the water levels constantly, communications director Kendell Kelton said. While officials still need to wait for any flooding to recede, workers are gearing up to open Saturday, one weekend before the annual Fright Fest Halloween festivities.

"We've handled floods in the past, and we know how to handle this," Kelton said.

Heavy rains and flooding have caused portions of I-285 and I-20 in Cobb County to close. Schools are also closed Tuesday.

Six Flags over Georgia is the largest regional theme part in the Southeast. Its two parks — the Six Flags in Austell and the White Water property in Marietta — are the region's largest employer of seasonal workers.

Yet the park's New York-based parent company filed for bankruptcy in June as a way of dealing with $1.8 billion worth of debt. While the company said the move would not impact individual parks, the ability to open this weekend and prepare for Fright Fest remains important for Six Flags over Georgia.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!