Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 576: The Alton Towers Dungeon teased for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Koolkid » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:04 am

The posters, the leaflets and the new sign around the construction site look fantastic and much better than the old one. The theme makes me think of Hollywood Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios as it talks about riding into "the unkown". Looks absolutely fantastic and I'm absolutely brimming with excitement. I would also say that the theme shown IMO almost confirms this will be more thrill than family-orientated.

Link to the poster

Reeks of Books

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:40 am

I'm really excited about this coaster. i do hope it's something with a reverse part of the coaster. I know it's gimmicky, but it's still something that should be fun. Alton are really doing a fantastic job with this.
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!'

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby coasterfan21 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:50 pm

aldredd wrote:Fantastic - didn't realise construction had started.

Does this mean it has been fully approved? (Planning permission wise?). I'd assume they wouldn't start major earth-works without it anyway.

That said, with a baby on the way, not sure when I'll next get to AT!

Ya my home park SFNE learned that hard way to always get your permits sorted out. Now what was supposed to be there new coaster is in Mexico.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby lankanboy101 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:52 am

rollerboy wrote:^ Yeah, but we still don't know what type of coaster it's going to be. For definite anyway.

I'm pretty excited about it. I hope they do as good a job as SAW with the theming. It really does make the ride an experience.

Edit: Just realised we said pretty much the same thing. :lmao:

On the Tower Times SW6 page (http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/news/syste ... ate=TTBeta) they had release a small press release saying it is going to be built by Intamin and it is a slightly modified mega-lite coaster.

Postby lankanboy101 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:54 am

lankanboy101 wrote:
rollerboy wrote:^ Yeah, but we still don't know what type of coaster it's going to be. For definite anyway.

I'm pretty excited about it. I hope they do as good a job as SAW with the theming. It really does make the ride an experience.

Edit: Just realised we said pretty much the same thing. :lmao:

On the Tower Times SW6 page (http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/news/syste ... ate=TTBeta) they had release a small press release saying it is going to be built by Intamin and it is a slightly modified mega-lite coaster.

Sorry that link doesn't work. Use this link and scroll down to "2010 Ride Manufacturer." http://sw6.towerstimes.co.uk/news/

Postby Rollercoaster5000 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Last week I visited the site for the first time and noticed a few changes. Footers have now been put in. :br and the trench has been divided into three. holes. Unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me :( so there are no pictures.[/youtube]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby davegirling » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:02 am

Its long overdue for Alton Towers, we used to make the trip there a couple of times every year. Have not been for a couple of years as the Park seemed to be at a standstill with the owners investing all their money at Thorpe Park.
2010 Pencilled in again!

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby coasterfan21 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:04 am

Wow i'm loving this. I wish Cedar Point and parks in the U.S. would just open there plans like this, but I understand how close the competition is over here, so I know they have to keep stuff under wraps. This coaster looks amazing. I'm looking forward to following the construction.

I eat 10,000 rancid testicles for breakfast.

Postby monkeyoverlord71 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:44 am

^The plans are released because of strict planning applications in the U.K. especially for Alton Towers.

^^What makes you think they have put all their money in Thorpe Park?
Did you miss the whole re-do of Merry England to Mutiny Bay?
There has been lots of investment into the park.
Official Big Mike Cheerleader!!!
PHOTOGRAPHY!!! http://martin-a-cumming.deviantart.com/

DAD!! Let me on the Northeast trip!

Track Onsite!

Postby jason10 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:37 am

According to Alton Towers Almanac:
The track for Secret Weapon 6, the new roller coaster at Alton Towers for next year, has been delivered.

Construction of the coaster is expected to proceed at a very fast pace, with some estimates saying that the entire circuit will be in place in time for the Scarefest Halloween event starting, mid-way through next month.

The track arrived yesterday in several large containers, along with a crane and other equipment. They are temporarily being stored in a seldom-used car park near the Alton Towers Hotel.

A temporary fence has gone up around the containers, preventing the general public from getting too close (in contrast to Air and Rita, where there was no such restriction).

Very interesting! Any shots at the manufacturer? I THINK it is Intamin, but I can't be too sure. What do you think?
SW6 Track.jpg
oooooo.....
I have nothing intersting to say here. Have a nice day! :)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!