Efteling Discussion Thread

P. 174: Max en Moritz coaster double family coaster for 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:38 am

I think this announcement by Efteling kinda flew by maybe a little unnoticed with the Kennywood and Holiday World announcements this week too, but a new GCI racing coaster with theming sounds really great to me. I personally can't wait to see how this one turns out!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Nosferatu » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:58 am

GCi + Efteling's standard of Theming + duelling = Awesome.

I don't think it's really fair judging this ride by lightning Racer. That ride is 9 years old, and see how far GCI coasters has evolved since then. Judging by their latest efforts, this is probably going to be incredible. Imagine something like a duelling El Toro :airtime: :lover:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

100.000.000 visiters for The Efteling

Postby JohanR » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:12 am

This weekend the Dutch themepark The Efteling had something to celebrate. the 100.000.000 visiter since its opening in 1952 visited the park. this is 18 years after the 50.000.000 milion visiter visited the park in 1991. The estimation fot this year is somewhere around 4 million visiters.

Fun fact, in 1991 the pegassus openend, now 50.000.000 visiters later it closed ;)

photo's of the happy family:

The park is still expanding. With their new sleeping resort opening this december, their new dueling GCI woody in june 2010 and the new theatre/restaurant The Raveleijn in 2011 :D

JohanR

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby exmouse » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:46 am

Did the family get anything for being the 100,000,000 visitors? I remeber when the Millennium Dome had their 20,000,000 visitor they got a diamond ring.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby ericmichaellucas » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:51 am

^ Please bare in mind that the Millennium Dome and all of it's expenses were funded by the UK taxpayers...including those that didn't go while it was open.

The card in the picture says VIP so I'd imagine they may have got VIP treatment for the entirety of their visit

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby exmouse » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:01 am

ericmichaellucas wrote:^ Please bare in mind that the Millennium Dome and all of it's expenses were funded by the UK taxpayers...including those that didn't go while it was open.

No it wasn't. It was it part funded by the tax payer, but also by sponsors, ground rent (eg. McDonalds), corporate events and entry tickets. From memory I think it remains the highest ever visitor attraction in Europe.

I'd want more than a day of VIP treatment, given the publicity I'm helping give the park, I'd want a life time season pass and a stay in the new hotel.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby JohanR » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:59 am

They got a stay for the whole family in Bosrijk. But no, no life-time pass for these guys.

Then again, the largest group of fans isn't so sure that this really is the 100.000.000 visiter. Sure they had more than 100.000.000. But according so some calculations that person should have entered the gates a few months back. Also, its very typical that again a family wins, and not some fan of small couple....

But well, they got their 100.000.000 and thats the most important!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby hobbit » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:56 am

it will be a race coaster..

Reeks of Books

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:40 am

I'm happy with the announcement. It's too bad it was going to be a dueling scenic railroad. ;)
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!'

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Coaster Cow » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:05 pm

Awesome... I love the appeal of Lightning Racer, and I think that Gwazi has a lot of potential, so I'm definitely looking forward to more on this.
"There''s a Lieutenant Crunch here to see you."
"Lieutenant Crunch?"
"Actually, I've been promoted. It''s Captain Crunch now."

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!