TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I remember going to Magic Mountain in late July and seeing some of the sections of queue (empty, I should add) completely flooded. The water level in the soil next to the concrete was literally submerged underneath the wasted water from Goliath's misters. Granted, it was a really hot day, and taking a minute to stand under the misters felt great, but I think that that's truly a useless waste of water. Goliath's tunnels and X2's first drop could really use mist, as opposed to sections of queue that were probably empty the whole day (it was a Tuesday with very light crowds).

My last visit to SFMM I got almost completely soaked in Goliath, RRv, and Terminators queues. I hate those things! The ones they have at the midway games are very good

These are excellent IMO, light mist and doesnt get you wet

Hate these things

So turns out that the season pass promotion is only being offered at all of the other parks. Magic Mountain will have a similar promotion in early November.

Can anyone else confirm or deny this? I don't want to drive all the way out there Friday evening and have a Wallyworld experience. Aren't the coupon books printed up for each park specifically since it has to list specific stores and eateries?

Fright Fest Update 2009

Who’s ready for Halloween?

Fright Fest is right around the corner, and as promised, here is the preliminary list of offerings for Fright Fest 2009.

(Remember that everything is subject to change; ideas take different forms between the planning and construction stages of projects.)

Pint-Sized Frights

Fright Festivities – Kids of all ages compete in popular Halloween games, such as apple bobbing, the mummy rap, a Six Flags style costume contest and more! Located at the High Sierra Stage in Golden Bear Plaza.

Elsa Willoughby’s Craft Fair – Created four our younger guests, kids have the opportunity to stretch their imagination as they create their own classic crafts. Located in Bugs Bunny World.

Looney Tunes Trick-or-Treat Adventure – The Looney Tunes Characters will take our young guests through Bugs Bunny World’s Trick or Treat Trail.

Looney Tunes Characters – Bugs Bunny and his friends are frightfully excited to dress up as their favorite Halloween icons.

Thrills By Night

Scream on Scream! – Music and Screams make this the wildest, twisted steel experience in the West!

Colossus Backwards – Inventor Gustav Willoughby’s demented mind always saw things a bit backwards.

Thumper Bumbers – The hottest sounds rock the craziest bumper cars around. You never know who you’ll bump into.

Ride in the Dark! – Experience some of your favorite roller coasters in the dark.

Sky Tower Mausoleum – Towering 38 stories above the ground, this landmark offers historic displays and a “spooktacular” view. You’ll also learn the distorted tale of the wildly disturbed Willoughby family.

Meet RIP – Be sure to document your Six Flags Fright Fest memories with a photo of our Willoughby’s chauffeur, RIP, and his “wheels”.

Stage Shows

Heckles & Twitch – Brothers Heckles and Twitch return with an all new hilarious combination of horror and comedy. These Mad Clowns will leave you aching for more. Located in front of Gotham City Backlot. (3 different shows each night.)

Dead and Local – For the best talent in Southern California, check out our Dead and Local bands and they prepare you for the nightly Fright Fest event!

gRAVE – Join the fun in front of Gotham City Backlot all evening long, as our Emcee hosts a pumpkin smasher of a party.

Mr. 6 Spooktacular – Mr. 6 will be leading the living dead around the park as they entertain the crowds with spectacular dances! You never know where these dancing zombies will pop up!

Scare Zones

The Riot – The Willoughby family “collected” many colorful and unique characters while running the town’s Mental Health Center. Insane rage runs rampant in the streets of Gotham City Backlot. Brightly colored comic book – like characters create a genuinely uncomfortable environment.

Exile Hill – Once the lush gardens of the Willoughby estate, Exile Hill has become home to the once-caretakers of the mansion; banished from mortality and destined to haunt the hills surrounding Willoughby Mansion for eternity on Samurai Summit.

Aftermath – Journey through Cyclone Bay if you dare, to see the post-apocalyptic result in this shore-side town.

Mazes

Willoughby’s Haunted Mansion – The granddaddy of all Six Flags Magic Mountain mazes. Once a grand estate, the mansion has long since become a dilapidated bundle of termite-ridden lumber hiding dark family secrets, with many skeletons hidden in the closets. The mansion sits atop Samurai Summit.

Jokester’s Hideout 3D– Sideshow clowns run amok while you sneak through the hideout, but watch your back! You never know when a crazy clown will strike.

Johan Willoughby’s Brutal Planet – Six Flags Magic Mountain’s largest maze is currently going through “Fright-struction”. More information will be released soon.

Ride Hauntings

Willoughby’s Industries Warehouse 13 – The ultimate test of bravery is at the Willoughby’s family-owned waste disposal facility. Beware: Work is mandatory and escape impossible. This toxic destination leaves no one unchanged.

Deadman’s Bog – The dumping ground for Mr. Willoughby’s failed experiments, some of these twisted creations have returned from beyond. Altered and savage, they wait for any who tread this swampy wasteland.

At this point it looks like Fright Fest Attraction Wristbands will once again be sold for $5. The wristbands will grant unlimited access to the Mazes and Ride Hauntings. Information has not yet been released regarding the FlashPass system in relationship to the mazes and ride haunting.

So turns out that the season pass promotion is only being offered at all of the other parks. Magic Mountain will have a similar promotion in early November.

Can anyone else confirm or deny this? I don't want to drive all the way out there Friday evening and have a Wallyworld experience. Aren't the coupon books printed up for each park specifically since it has to list specific stores and eateries?

The season pass "promotion" is different than the season pass "appreciation event" mentioned in the coupon book.

The season pass "promotion" is a twitter-based thing they are doing in conjunction with Papa Johns to sell 2010 season passes at the non-year round parks...hence why the SFMM promo wont start until sometime in November.

The season pass "appreciation event" as mention in the book, is still on for tomorrow 9/11. So you'll be good to get in (and use the discount coupon in the book). Also FYI, many coupons in those books (save for most of the admission and appreciation event discounts) can be used at ANY SF park systemwide

I was scared to because I'm driving out from Alta Loma like 5 minutes from you but glad to here it's just a mix up.

Andrew "Whoo tomorrow is Friday" Iorio