TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

Jeez, I was there on sunday with my friends. We were on the skyride when it stopped a few times, only for a few seconds, but then his parents went on and were stuck for 45 minutes! :\ they came off the ride and got 'unlimited' ride passes, which were taken off of them after a ride on oblivion. Its a shame as it was the first time I'd actually been on it and the views were really nice.

Ah well. I guess Alton will always have a jinxed sky ride. :/

No because they never approved the Woodie, however the Arrow Pipelines were all ready for construction and got cancelled.

On this basis as the Woodie never got past the planning stage it could never be called an SW ride.

I think we will be getting a vertical track drop (i.e. the entire length of the track which is horizontal drops vertically giving the feeling of the floor disappearing) If you look at the latest photos of construction there is an almighty hole appearing!

Fantastic - didn't realise construction had started.

Does this mean it has been fully approved? (Planning permission wise?). I'd assume they wouldn't start major earth-works without it anyway.

That said, with a baby on the way, not sure when I'll next get to AT!

^ Yeah, but we still don't know what type of coaster it's going to be. For definite anyway.

I'm pretty excited about it. I hope they do as good a job as SAW with the theming. It really does make the ride an experience.

Edit: Just realised we said pretty much the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

The posters, the leaflets and the new sign around the construction site look fantastic and much better than the old one. The theme makes me think of Hollywood Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios as it talks about riding into "the unkown". Looks absolutely fantastic and I'm absolutely brimming with excitement. I would also say that the theme shown IMO almost confirms this will be more thrill than family-orientated.

Link to the poster

Fantastic - didn't realise construction had started.

Does this mean it has been fully approved? (Planning permission wise?). I'd assume they wouldn't start major earth-works without it anyway.

That said, with a baby on the way, not sure when I'll next get to AT!

Ya my home park SFNE learned that hard way to always get your permits sorted out. Now what was supposed to be there new coaster is in Mexico.

^ Yeah, but we still don't know what type of coaster it's going to be. For definite anyway.

I'm pretty excited about it. I hope they do as good a job as SAW with the theming. It really does make the ride an experience.

On the Tower Times SW6 page (http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/news/system/show_news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1245870413&archive=&template=TTBeta) they had release a small press release saying it is going to be built by Intamin and it is a slightly modified mega-lite coaster.

On the Tower Times SW6 page (http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/news/system/show_news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1245870413&archive=&template=TTBeta) they had release a small press release saying it is going to be built by Intamin and it is a slightly modified mega-lite coaster.

Sorry that link doesn't work. Use this link and scroll down to "2010 Ride Manufacturer." http://sw6.towerstimes.co.uk/news/