Ben and Laurice's Quest for Credits

We lay siege upon Castle Amusement Park! Page 5
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby itnotfair » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:27 pm

^
Muchas gracias my new buddies! BTW I totally posted on your thread. First of many!

buttonman700 wrote:In Portland there's a doughnut shop, Voodoo Doughnuts, that sells a bacon maple bar. Never tried it, but hmm sounds to die for.

Yes! To quote Laurice, "I would eat that!" I think maple is probably an even better flavor to pair with bacon than chocolate! And all on a donut, you say? Awesome.

Postby itnotfair » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:16 am

It's been a while since we conquered a local park, so I convinced Laurice that a trek inland towards Riverside was in order. Why? Because Castle Park is a massive minigolf/amusement center with credits yet to be conquered. Though it may be small compared to the big boys in Anaheim and Valencia, this park has a lot to offer. In fact, there is so much stuff going on here, I can't in good conscience post all of the pictures I took!

We bought our tickets online, which, with processing fee, were only a dollar cheaper than buying them at the park, but at least there was a discount. Parking is $6. Like Scandia, it's a bit of a drive from my house, and I'll probably only visit again if they add some more credits, but if I lived in the area, I'd probably have a season pass. We really had a good time here. Siege on!

Edit: Special thanks to Larrygator for condensing our threads into one superthread!
IMG_2787.jpg
Park Entrance. Bask in its glory.
IMG_2790.jpg
As you enter, you walk under the flume ride's lift hill and largest drop.
IMG_2796.jpg
Meager defenses and small crowds today, almost everything was a walk-on.
IMG_2801.jpg
First credit of the day!
IMG_2797.jpg
This is a Vekoma junior coaster. No head-banging here!
IMG_2798.jpg
It's not particularly thrilling, and it's a little short, but it makes two circuits, and finishes with a decent helix.
IMG_2799.jpg
Merlin's looking a bit dehydrated. The fountain around him is on the fritz.
IMG_2802.jpg
Entrancing, isn't it?
IMG_2803.jpg
Everyone likes to be photographed on rides!
IMG_2804.jpg
We're waiting for the almost back, listening to the Harry Potter theme playing in the station.
IMG_2807.jpg
The back is not available today.
IMG_2808.jpg
Why? Because the cones get the back. End of story.
IMG_2795.jpg
On to the next credit!
IMG_2821.jpg
Big signage.
IMG_2827.jpg
This is a Fabbri spinning madness model, and according to RCDB, "the Screamin' Demon was previously the 'Pole Position' owned by 'Butler Amusements', a traveling amusement company."
IMG_2822.jpg
Overall, the coaster wasn't a winner. A little herky-jerky, and sometimes painful.
IMG_2825.jpg
I liked the screamin' demons painted on each car, however, and it had an acceptable amount of spinning.
IMG_2826.jpg
I'd like to take this time to say, the employees at Castle Park are awesome! Just shows how a really friendly and attentive crew can add to a visitor's overall experience.
IMG_2829.jpg
Random lamp shot. Laurice loves lamp. And granola bar.
IMG_2834.jpg
OMG I forgot the park map shot. Here it is in its splendor.
IMG_2813.jpg
Today was great for many reasons. Here's one of them. Our first S&S tower.
IMG_2814.jpg
Up until now, we've chickened out when it comes to these, but this was a good first step!
IMG_2816.jpg
See? Not very tall. Still, it delivered some nice negative g's, and we are now ready to try some bigger ones!
IMG_2815.jpg
Thanks S&S, you provided our favorite ride of the day!
IMG_2835.jpg
As it was pretty hot outside, we decided to get wet before it cooled down.
IMG_2836.jpg
We enjoyed this flume. It had two drops, some nice theming and rockwork, and kick-butt banjo music in the station.
IMG_2838.jpg
Entrance sign, check.
IMG_2837.jpg
Rockwork and theming, check.
IMG_2846.jpg
Photo of our faux fear, check.
IMG_2847.jpg
Okay, here comes the sob story. I swear, it was open when we were in line for the log ride.
IMG_2848.jpg
After the flume, it was closed. Then, as we were eating corn dogs, I saw it running through the fence.
IMG_2849.jpg
We booked it, but when we got there, it was closed. The best part? We saw it running through the fence as we left. Oh well, no whoring today.
IMG_2920.jpg
Here's a shot of the cool train that winds through the park.
IMG_2921.jpg
Everyone likes to be photographed on rides!
IMG_2859.jpg
We liked this one.
IMG_2917.jpg
It was a tight fit, but the cars moved swiftly, and the course was nicely themed. This car had a REALLY loud siren. We refrained from using it in the station (unlike all of the children), and the ride ops thanked us profusely.
IMG_2862.jpg
Here's an idea of the layout.
IMG_2894.jpg
This park is really much nicer than I expected. Check out the enclosed carousel!
IMG_2895.jpg
Here it is unwrapped.
IMG_2903.jpg
Hmmm...no comment.
IMG_2871.jpg
We next decided to survey the golf course and arcade, as the latter held a dark ride.
IMG_2872.jpg
The mini golf area is huge and themed to the hilt. Here's one shot of it.
IMG_2875.jpg
The arcade held this awesome shooting dark ride.
IMG_2876.jpg
Highlights include cool theming and a spiral lift mid-ride. Shooting stuff is also fun.
IMG_2880.jpg
The arcade also featured this classic! As per usual, I gave Laurice tons of useless advice, only to be the first to die. She got to level three!
IMG_2893.jpg
Back to the rides. This was a chair swing themed to look like a tree. Hence King's Crown?
IMG_2892.jpg
Looks tame, right? This thing was pretty out of control. Laurice and I kept bumping into each other, and I imagine this was not too different from Kick-boodie!
IMG_2794.jpg
Another reason today was great: Our first flyer ever!
IMG_2905.jpg
Very nice dragons painted on each flyer.
IMG_2904.jpg
Laurice took this ride very seriously.
IMG_2861.jpg
I'll end this TR with a testament to our enjoyment. Thanks to Castle Amusement Park for some fun rides, a nicely kept park, and a great crew!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby The Bebes » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:41 pm

Super cool, guys!

The Bebes have yet to visit the local "small" parks, so it's nice to see what they are. Castle is way nicer looking and extensive than I would have guessed.
(pronounced beh-behz)

Postby itnotfair » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:16 pm

Yes! Thread saved from obscurity...many thanks, Bebes! We owe you one. Glad to provide you guys with a preview of the park. Really, they had tons of stuff there, we were very surprised. Plus, the two credits there got me up to 60 coasters! Thanks again for the comment. :)

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:41 pm

Ben - no problem. It's a very comprehensive view of Castle Park in pictures. I added many of your photos (and the Castle Park Photo TR) to the Park Index.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby coasterfreaksrttd » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:20 pm

You dirty, dirty whores :lolr:

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:19 pm

For all you credit whores out there: the new coaster at Castle Park is not the former "pole position" coaster. Unless Butler Amusements decided to buy a newer model of the same exact ride and set it up at the Ventura County fair...

Postby itnotfair » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:33 am

^You and RCDB are going to have to have it out, with fisticuffs if necessary!

^^ It's really my obsession. I'm totally dragging Laurice down with me...:devil:

^^^ Awesome, Larry. Glad to fill out the archive some. If you're interested, I have more signs and more photos of rides that I didn't include.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Oohbarracuda » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:35 am

They were CONES!

Postby itnotfair » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:37 am

^ :lmao: See why I love this girl?

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!