Custom models of Sheikra, TTD, Insane and now Manta!

Pg 32 - Manta Complete. 30+ pictures. Thanks for following!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby rckrazy06 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:12 am

How about Patriot? It is extremely short and compact. Ther's also Great Bear at Hershey and Flight Deck at CGA.

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:48 am

Ghost- I will be trying something new with this model and instead of using sheets of balsa wood like I did for SheiKra, I will be using styrene. Matt (mcjaco) turned me on to it and I actually got a sample from the company to see if it is what I am looking for. I will use a heat gun to bend the plastic into the shape I want it to be, which should let me get a pretty accurate zgr. Why would you say go with afterburn?

Belgian- The would be awesome, but there are a couple issues I would have with that coaster. For one, its half above ground and half beneath ground meaning I would need a HUGE base board of styrofoam to carve out all the tunnels. For two, I just don't think there is the digital media needed to build it. All the other models I have hundreds of thousands of pictures of the track along with POV's, off rides and other videos. If I could figure out how to do it, it would be an awesome coaster but realistically I don't see that one happening.

rckrazy- Patriot is definitely one I am considering. Again though it is built on a hill so I would have to use styrofoam as a base and shape it as needed, but it wouldn't be anything too substantial. A positive though, I have ridden it and have my own pictures which would significantly help in the building. I haven't looked into Great Bear that much but from the pictures I have seen it seems fairly long and to run in and out of other rides and coasters. Flight deck, relatively small layout? I am not sure.

Postby rckrazy06 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:05 pm

Yeah, Flight deck is very small, if I had to guess, I would say either it or Patriot would be the smallest B&M custom inverts in existence.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Richard » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:00 am

What about Nemesis Inferno! ^ Thats a very compact custom B&M Invert.

Good photos here http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/nem ... esis.shtml

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:35 pm

Top Thrill Dragster... is COMPLETE! This model was started over a year ago after I completed SheiKra, and I ran out of time to finish it after departing for freshman year, exactly one year ago. It sat dormant until about a month ago when I decided to knock it out, once and for all.

The model stands about three feet tall and is a about four and a half feet long. I know that it isn't the exact dimensions of the ride, but it was a rather quick project and it still gets the point across. Like Insane, there is about 6000 sticks and about 80 feet of wiring.

It didn't take un godly long to make it but it still took awhile, and though it is not my favorite model by any means, I am still very proud of my work and hope you enjoy it as well. No one really said much about Insane, so I hope you still are enjoying this as much as I am.

So, now that I have closed the deal on all three of the projects it is time to begin my next project. I know that I spoke earlier about doing a beemer inverted coaster, but after visiting Freestyle and riding Time Machine, I realized that I would rather build a model of a coaster that I have ridden. SO---If you have any form of NL file, CADD file or any official Time Machine (Led Zeppelin more than likely), please please please send them to me!

Without further adue, I present to you TOP THRILL DRAGSTER!
3.jpg
Top thrill dragster in all its 3 foot glory.
4.jpg
From the top looking all the long way back to the station.
5.jpg
The Station. Though it is not the exact thing and I didn't build the unload, I still think it gets the point across.
6.jpg
I also bailed on the queue in favor of the much easier and less time consuming logo.
7.jpg
Cool shot from the base of the tower
8.jpg
Such an exciting layout!
2.jpg
One big happy family. er wait, there was a bitter divorice wasn't there?
1.jpg
No it is a truly happy family! There are so many hours put into those three things, but it was worth it all.

Postby stuartnz » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:57 pm

That is seriously awesome!

Final Destination Guy!

Postby Goliath513 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:15 am

Looking good man. Can't wait to see Time Machine finished.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:25 am

All three of those models are astounding. I'm glad you finished these first few, and I can't wait to see what all coasters you continue to recreate in the future.

Great work, and thanks for sharing, Jordan!

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:48 am

???????????

?This isn't Time Machine?

?? What ?? Is ?? NEXT????
090912_024014.jpg
??????????

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby PaulMartz37 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:21 am

^ RR?

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness