TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

Thanks Jordan!!!

I love new credits!!

Great info, I am proud to have you as a Valuable Big Mike Reader, showing everyone how we give the most up to the minute info

Peace, Big Mike

I called the completion date! It looks spectacular, and HTSC's station fits Kozmo's Kurves much better than I thought it would. As stated earlier in the thread, this is probably the most anticipated 'kiddie coaster' ever. But who cares? It's one more credit I'll be getting and it looks like a great fit for the park.

Kozmo looks awesome. I think its a factory coaster, and not something custom, but it fits the area perfectly and looks absolutely beautiful. Just another of example of why Knoebels is hands down my favorite park of all times! I really need to get back out there...

They claimed it was going to be custom, but so far nobody has figured out exactly what is customized about it. I suppose you'd have to check the measurements.

I for one am hoping they speed up the lift hill like they did on the High Speed Thrill Coaster (but without the internal combustion engine, please.)

I was at the park last night and I have to say that the new coaster looks amazing in person. The pictures posted on here don't do the ride justice. When I left around 9 PM, the train was sitting on the lift hill. There was a person in the station around 7 PM but was gone shortly thereafter.

They claimed it was going to be custom, but so far nobody has figured out exactly what is customized about it. I suppose you'd have to check the measurements.

I for one am hoping they speed up the lift hill like they did on the High Speed Thrill Coaster (but without the internal combustion engine, please.)

It's a bigger, more intense version of Miler's kiddie coaster model, that's the only customization. It's pretty much a clone of Ravine Flyer 3 from Waldameer, just bigger.

"We have also added a new safety feature, with each rider having an individual lap bar, meaning that the child and parent can have the lap bar for their individual needs."

What? A family coaster with individual lap bars? How big are these cars? Conversely, how big of an adult are they expecting to be able to ride?

I can only hope that if they think kids need lower lap bars, it means that the coaster will be as good a ride as the one it replaces. Unfortunately, I suspect that they're just trying to lower the height requirement to get more customers.

What? A family coaster with individual lap bars? How big are these cars? Conversely, how big of an adult are they expecting to be able to ride?

I can only hope that if they think kids need lower lap bars, it means that the coaster will be as good a ride as the one it replaces. Unfortunately, I suspect that they're just trying to lower the height requirement to get more customers.

I've noticed that Knoebels is very "big person" friendly. There are really no rides there that someone of a large size couldn't fit on. Recently they changed the belts on fandango so larger people can fit.

^I wonder if the individual lap bars will cause taller people to not be able to ride. I been on some coasters where I was glad it was a single lapbar as it allowed me to spread out legs in the car in order to fit. This really worries me.

It shouldn't be a problem unless you're ultra tall. Harvest Coaster's trains look pretty similar to Kozmo's, and I've seen a ton of leggy adults ride without much folding needed.

http://www.sm2designs.com/gallery/displayimage-21-23.html

I've noticed that Knoebels is very "big person" friendly. There are really no rides there that someone of a large size couldn't fit on. Recently they changed the belts on fandango so larger people can fit.

Fandango's restraints are still a pain though. They REALLY squeeze you into the seat and make you feel cramped. Great to hear Kosmo's Kurves is open (too bad I was 3 weeks too early for the credit).