TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

To me with the construction, they're saying "screw you paying guests, we'll leave the ride there and work at an intentionally slow pace for no apparent reason"

^^I agree with the two posts above me that Josh Linn's post seems petty, ridiculous, and entitled...But I for one will cut him some slack even though I disagree with his opinion because he is local to knoebels & I could see how aggravating it would be to go to the park often for 3 years and still not have the ride open. All we can hope for is a very good hitch-free opening sometime very soon. Opening day 2010 would be nice...

This is the only car I found like this, but it was also hooked up to 2 other prototype trains with several others sitting inside the station. The welding cage around the seats are different than the others and this one has padded seats.

I do think that they are going to try to get it open for the Halloween events. They still need to add the transfer track back in which is sitting in sections behind the ride. There are still many unused footers, but a couple have the metal ancher on the top bent over. Maybe those are extra?

Knoebels also has some merchandise for sale for the ride such as water bottles and t-shirts.

I hate to break it to you, but none of this is new. That gray car has been around for a year or so, not always on the track though. Merchandise appeared in 2007 or maybe even 2006. The footers between the helix and the road, next to the Flyers, are left over from the first attempt at a storage track (I'm not sure why anyone thought this was a good idea); the set by the brake run are the new location for the storage track. (I'm not going to get worried by the lack of one unless they hold up the opening for it, since the original plan was to open with one train til the other two could be made.)

Was any track on-site yet for Kosmo's Kurves? The footers all appeared to be done three weeks ago, so I'm hoping they get it up soon.

Really? I never saw that car sitting around and from when I saw it, the design of the car and the padding looked kind of official to me. As for merchandise, I never saw anything for Flying Turns last year or in 2007 for Flying Turns. I did see people working on it though and it seems like the brake run is the only thing to finish up (and the transfer). That's why I think that it could possibly open in the Fall.

My apologies if its in here already, but what exactly is the problem with the ride? I know they have had some problems with the trains, and they had to rebuild a bit of the layout, but I'm not really clear as to why. Did the trains have too much speed and were over-shooting some of the turns? In all honestly (forgive my bluntness here) I don't see how the design is flawed. I mean, Intamin and Mack both have bobsled-type rides that have been operating without incident for years, and I don't see how this ride is much different (besides being built out of wood). Are there underlying problems and I'm just oversimplifying it?

*I don't want to start a flame war or anything, but that's the best way I can think to put it...

^I don't think there is anything wrong with the ride at the moment, but I understand how you got the feeling from all these people who are angry that it is taking a long time to build.

I think that having to curve the wood for the trough would be rather long to do.

The track was complete by the end of the season in 2007. They spent 2008 trying to make the cars ride the way they wanted, and at the end of the season they announced that they thought it would be ready for 2009. Then over the winter they tore up parts of the track. Its almost all back together, but I don't know what's going on other than that.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the color scheme of the train. I am really hopeful that this (as well as Flying Turns, but I'm doubtful on that one) is set up and open when I go. I've figured the date to be August 10th so here's hoping they throw it together quickly! As mentioned on the official website, assembly is supposed to start almost immediately.

Cool, maybe one of this park's 3 "under construction" coasters will actually open sometime in this decade.

Black Diamond is not under construction.

In fact they haven't did anything yet to where they are going to build it. The location looks very cramp though because it is behind the International Food Court and next to the Mining Museum. The trains and equipment sitting back there isn't helping either.

By the way, since we tend to abbreviate ride and park names it occured to me that this new ride will have the same initials as Kingda Ka. Of course if you add the park name the initials it gets worse: KKK.

So I've come up with a nifty nickname for the ride: KoKu (rhymes with Know You).

It would be cool if people would start using it

Wow, they weren't joking! It wouldn't surprise me to see construction completed by Tuesday (if that). Since testing seems to have been done at the factory, it looks like it may be open by the end of the month.

So I've come up with a nifty nickname for the ride: KoKu (rhymes with Know You).

Why does the ride need a nickname? I think Kosmo's Curves is actually quite cool as it is.

--Robb

Oh, it doesn't. But many of us enthusiasts tend to abbreviate ride and park names, especially in discusion forums. With Kingda Ka already taking the double K I thought KoKu would be a good one for Kosmo's Kurves.

^I really hope so; going there this weekend, could really use some new credits this summer. Momentarily going off Kozmo's Kurves: as somebody who gets motion sick easily (really just on spinning flats though), what flat rides at Knoebels are worth a little sickness to ride? I don't want to miss any great rides (I'll probably be trying the Flyers at the very least), but I definitely don't want to feel nauseous the whole day.