TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Two Disney buses collide

Updated: Thursday, 16 Jul 2009, 9:11 PM EDT

Published : Thursday, 16 Jul 2009, 5:09 PM EDT

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - The collision of two buses at Walt Disney World has left a dozen visitors with minor injuries.

A Florida Highway Patrol reports says one Disney bus rear-ended another Thursday afternoon near the Contemporary Resort. About 50 people total were on both buses. The 12 injured passengers were taken to four nearby hospitals for treatment.

"Nothing is more important than the safety of our guests and Cast Members. We are currently focused on the well-being of those involved in the situation. We are working closely with law enforcement on this matter," read a statement released to FOX 35 by Andrea M. Finger of Walt Disney World Resort.

The accident comes 11 days after 21-year-old monorail pilot

Austin Wuennenberg died when another train accidentally backed into his train at Disney World.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_news/071609disney_buses_collide

I really hate how once one thing happens, a murder, a kidnapping, etc. the media just starts hovering and blowing everything out of proportion. That is exactly what's happened here...

It's unfortunate that it happened, but now everytime something goes wrong at Disney, BAM, they are gonna get slammed.

To those who think the media are guilty of malfeasance here, what exactly did they do wrong?

I can't find any problem with the story. It seems like a newsworthy event and the reporting seems basically factual.

Am I missing something?

^ This isn't Disney's fault

How on earth do you say that? A Disney bus hit another Disney bus on Disney property... despite my initial suspicions that Shamu cut the brake lines to cause the accident and further tarnish the Disney name, I'm gonna guess that SOMEONE at Disney can be to blame for this one.

^ This isn't Disney's fault

How on earth do you say that? A Disney bus hit another Disney bus on Disney property... despite my initial suspicions that Shamu cut the brake lines to cause the accident and further tarnish the Disney name, I'm gonna guess that SOMEONE at Disney can be to blame for this one.

But unless Disney hired someone without a license, didn't inspect one of the buses properly, or something of that nature it's not exactly the company's fault. People get into fender benders everyday. It's not exactly something you can blame upper-management for.

People get into fender benders everyday

And how often are one of the parties found at fault? How often are outside forces blamed?

I can't think of a reasonable way that Disney (or someone who works for Disney and therefore represents Disney) wouldn't be blamed, other than possibly the manufacturer if there were mechanical problems which led to the accident. How often does that happen versus how often someone just screws up?

Again.. chances are, someone at Disney screwed up. Whether one driver, both drivers, a mechanic.. whoever! Disney can be held liable along with the driver, and is far more likely to be served in the case. Its vicarious liability

* btw, I'm not blaming Disney just yet, but let's not let them off the hook just yet because this is a site of theme park fans

^^ There is two ways it could be Disney's fault. One is if it was mechanical or second, if they had the employees work too long.

If it wasn't one of those two you can't blame Disney since it would be one of the two drivers' fault. Yes Disney will take care of it, but it won't be there fault. Well, I guess you could always blame them for hiring drivers that wreck..