TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Maurer Sohne Spinning Contest

Welcome to the contest!

Entry will be allowed up until the contest is over but you have to let me know you are entering.

The rules are as follows:

-Must have over 2000ft of track

-Must run at least 4 trains (More are allowed)

-Trains must only be 1 car long

-Must have one highly banked turn (75-90 Degrees)

-Must pass E-Stop AND Tunnel Test

-Must have a chain lift

-Must NOT have a launch

-Track must stay within the outer most boundrys but must have gone through the red box with the X

-Must use template

-3DS is allowed

-Height limit is 67ft

-G-Force Limits are...

--5.1 Positive and -1.1 Negitive Verticals

--1.2 Positive/Negitive Laterals

-Contest will run for 3 weeks and the winner will be decided by poll. For those of you who like dates, the deadline for entry will be August 2. NO LATE ENTRYS WILL BE ALLOWED!

-Have a great time and I look forward to your tracks!

Entrants

1. smartestcoasterkidever!

2. Thelegendarymatthew

3. nemesiscrazy

Spinner Template.nltrack

Here is the template...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Station all done, i currently have no idea what im actually going to do track-wise but it looks pretty!

EDIT: Trackwork is nearly done, but I can't for the life of me get it to 2000ft. I also noticed on RCDB that there isnt a spinning coaster that is that long, could you possibly reduce it? Like 1750ft or something??

Maurer1-station.thumb.JPG.43aa169a5c7b08b21fb204978c9fda04.JPG

Station! DROOOOLLL

Do the supports have to be inside the boundaries?

Can the heartline be above the max height as long as the track is below it?

Here's what I have done so far. I don't think this is breaking any rules. I got over 2000 feet of track to fit into just the red area.

Now I'm not sure if I want to try to support all of this by next week.

Spinner_Contest_1.jpg.f851fd7744940898a90074d6bd108234.jpg

Due to reasons I'm unable to explain, Eric can no longer run this contest so he has left me in charge from now on. If you have any questions regarding his dismissal, don't ask me, ask Robb. In case your worried, I'm not changing the rules of this contest or anything. Just continue as you are and the contest will go on as it has.

Now let that be the end of the matter.

Do the supports have to be inside the boundaries?

Can the heartline be above the max height as long as the track is below it?

If the rules don't mention it, assume that your allowed to do it. Yes you can have the heartline above the boundary as long as the track stays below it. I assume the supports can leave it on that basis.

Due to reasons I'm unable to explain, Eric can no longer run this contest so he has left me in charge from now on. If you have any questions regarding his dismissal, don't ask me, ask Robb.

Eric was banned for his poor attitude. He'd been given multiple reprieves, and still felt he was above the posting rules.

His actions after the ban yesterday, proved that a permanent ban was the right move.

Due to reasons I'm unable to explain, Eric can no longer run this contest so he has left me in charge from now on. If you have any questions regarding his dismissal, don't ask me, ask Robb.

Eric was banned for his poor attitude. He'd been given multiple reprieves, and still felt he was above the posting rules.

His actions after the ban yesterday, proved that a permanent ban was the right move.

What is it with all the bans in this place all of a sudden? I mean theres been 5 people that I know who have been banned and to be honest I'm not really sure that they deservered it. Is there even a policy sbout banning here of is just ban those who talk out of line?

PLEASE NOTE: For your safety (on this forum), I would advise each of you NOT to ask me to get involved in a project with you. The last 3 members who have done this have all been banned...

Coincidence? Maybe...but I wouldn't take the chance.

What is it with all the bans in this place all of a sudden? I mean theres been 5 people that I know who have been banned and to be honest I'm not really sure that they deservered it. Is there even a policy sbout banning here of is just ban those who talk out of line?

I can only think of two.......ok, really only one.

We really don't ban people very often. You guys have to remember that you only see a very small portion of member's posts, and you never see their PM's. Some members (like Eric) have had a long history of issues, and we finally decide it's just time for one of the sides to move on.

That being said, Dr. Gumbo is running this show, so let's keep it going!