Custom models of Sheikra, TTD, Insane and now Manta!

Pg 32 - Manta Complete. 30+ pictures. Thanks for following!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:24 am

The time has come and it is one of my favorite times, the official release of my model!

This model was started approximately in the middle of March and took until just now to complete, keep in mind I took a month or so off for finals and summer classes. This model is by far my best IMO and I think it is the most accurate one I have made to date.

The model stands about 14 inches in height and close to 18 inches in length, has 1500 sticks (Intamin 4 rail style), 80 feet in solid copper wiring and almost a full poster board to create the train, buildings etc.

A couple errors I know I made are that the track is not that close between the MCBR and the final break run and also that the buildings are not 100% accurate. In regards to the closeness of the track, it is an accident I did not mean to happen and tried my best to avoid happening, sorry. In regards to the buildings, there really was no pictures for me to base my buildings off of so I kind of just "guessed" what I thought they would look like based on what I saw, but you didn't hear me say that. Also, the buildings opposite the loading side connect to a much larger building that I can not and could not create, again I am sorry.

I want to thank everyone for following this project in addition to all the other ones I am working (worked) on. Thanks for all the comments, critiques and ideas, I cannot wait to start my next......B&M....project. Excuse me, the future projects should be cool and if I can figure it out, working.

So please, without further a due, I present to you my hand made model of TELE2 INSANE!!!
100_0151.JPG
I am quite proud of my work.
100_0152.JPG
I think it is pretty accurate, what do you think?
100_0153.JPG
Glare...lame. But it shows off the layout, the lift and the train at the end! Watch out!
100_0154.JPG
I couldn't make the body of water it actually lies on, but I did my best. I think in real life that first drop would be crazy over the water.
100_0155.JPG
The train minus restraints, I don't really know what to do for them.
100_0158.JPG
The view from the back? I am not sure that it has a back, but this is the side with NO pictures that connects to a building. I made up my buildings
100_0159.JPG
VIOLA! The view from the front! The windows are crooked, the doors are funny and the coaster looks sweet! Thanks for following this project!

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:41 am

WOW, that looks awesome, wonder if it rides as good as the original :lmao:

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:39 am

Awesome work, the track work is so complex, and is extremely accurate to the original model. Even the station looks awesome.

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:09 pm

I am now working on TTD and I have a question to ask. I have it all painted, built and ready to rock, it is now just decor that I have to build. The catwalks on the main tower, on each of the 8 levels, in addition to the elevator system, how necessary are they to build on my model? I don't really know how to make them look nice without making the model cluttered looking.

The elevator system is made of tiny pipes, of which I don't know how to get that detailed, and then the catwalks have similarly tiny pipes as railings. Moral of the story, I do not know what to do and am favoring just omitting them from the model. I would put the catwalk on top of the tower but that would be the only one.

What do you guys think?

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:31 pm

Just go with the catwalk at the top. The other things aren't really necessary...

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:16 pm

I don't know if you have lost interest in these or not, but I need some help here in deciding whats next. I have already pretty much decided in my mind that this will be a B&M invert, but there are so many to chose from!

I am looking for one with a smaller footprint, preferably where I can fit the base out of a door way haha. I am also looking for one that is thrilling, has nice aesthetics and would be fun to build. So far I have glanced at Talon at Dorney, Afterburn at Carowinds and the standard Batman coaster. Each have pros and cons to them, but I would like everyones opinion on what they think I should do.

Do I do Talon because it is well colored and relatively easier, or do I do Afterburn because it has a better layout? Batmans would be fun, but I don't know if I would have as much fun with those as I would another custom invert.

There are so many inverts out there, let me know what you want to see! I promise there is a concluding TTD update coming up soon too.

Postby the ghost » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:28 am

I dont know if this is too hard, but what about Mirabilandia's Katun? The tunnels do not really need to be added, but the layout is somewhat similar to batmans(same inversions in besides the cobra roll.) The coaster is fairly unique, but could be pulled off pretty well. It will also allow you to try a helix and a cobra roll.

Anyway, just my opinion of a cool looking coaster to recreate.

Here is a pov from youtube

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:41 am

I would agree that that is an awesome coaster, but then my concern with Katun is its massive footprint. From looking at google earth on mirabilandia, I just remember it being a very drawn out coaster and not very compact. Again my primary concern is the doorway I will have to remove it from eventually. I kind of put Katun in the larger invert category along with Montu, Alpey and Raptor whereas I am looking for the smaller (MCBR-less) inverts like Silver Bullet, Talon and Afterburn.

Postby the ghost » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:42 am

True, I found a larger image and it does look very drawn out. I would say go with afterburn. Just out of pure curiosity, how would you make a zero g roll look correctly in a model, it seems considerably more complicated than a loop or corkscrew.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby BelgianGuy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:45 am

If you can make black mamba with all its themeing your a god

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness