Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 632 - Mystic River Falls Announced for 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Mon May 18, 2009 6:30 pm

I am actually surprised that they didn't go with the same or similar Qbot system that Dollywood uses (and now Six Flags). Having never been to SDC though, I am not sure how the dynamic of the park works, so it may just not fit with that specific park.

This seems to be a lot more similar to what BGW uses.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Mon May 18, 2009 6:35 pm

SDC does have a little different crowd structure than DW. Notice how we got a culinary school last year instead of a thrill ride.

However, I expect to see Q-bots next year when they see how much cash this will make them. Sigh, they're always just a little too expensive for me. I just don't want them to implement any of this in such a way that they increase the normal wait by much. I really didn't enjoy being pressured into buying a fastpass at some of the other major parks - pretty much killed the experience for me.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Mon May 18, 2009 6:56 pm

That is what I assumed about SDC. Dollywood seems to attract more guests that are interested in the shows and crafts first, and then rides second. That's why you can park in one of the outer sections of the parking lot, and still only wait 15 minutes or less on all the rides.

Because of this, Dollywood can offer their system at a very affordable price. It also seems that the majority of people purchasing the Qbots are using them primarily for the shows.

nagro5 tastes like poo-poo.

What's comming for Silver Dollar City?

Postby nagro5 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:45 pm

So, I went to Silver Dollar City recently and saw a sign. Yes, a sign. Try and contain yourself...

I think this sign will interest you though because it says that a new family ride will be comming in 2010. I took some pictures of the sign and the area that is behind the fence. So far there isn't much construction besides a big hole in the ground, but that's perfect because it leaves plenty of room for speculation. Can anyone say Aquatrax?! So here are the pics and you can start speculating...NOW!
Silver Dollar City 022.jpg
Here's that sign that I was talking about!
Silver Dollar City 023.jpg
"Look mommy! It's a ditch!"
Silver Dollar City 024.jpg
Omg! Do you see those rocks? Oh, and there's some machinery over there too.
Silver Dollar City 025.jpg
The construction workers are hard a work. No really, they're just invisible.
Silver Dollar City 026.jpg
I also got a nice view of that tree there for you.
SDC 2010 (Small).jpg
Do you see that little patch of trees? Yeah, those are gone. This gives you a feel of where in the park this actually is.
Total Coasters: 200 (167 steel, 33 wood)
Total Parks: 34

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Leviathan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:01 am

My guess is possibly a spinning coaster? I think that would do well in that area. Or some sort of water ride if they don't have many already.

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:03 am

Uh, what's coming out of the "peephole" in that sign?

River Battle's gonna have a sister!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Leviathan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:08 am

^ I hope its not a river battle type ride, in all honesty I find them quite boring.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:44 am

Isn't it just going to be that splash battle ride themed to Tom Sawyer that was delayed from last season?

Postby Shavethewhales » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:59 am

It is indeed the Preston and Barberi splash battle that they were going to build last year. Here is the concept art: http://sdcfans.com/gallery.php?g=7

The parts have been sitting at the park for a year now, but as most of you know, they stopped construction work half-way through due to economic worries. This year I'm happy to report that the park is experiencing above-average attendance.

There were rumors going around that they were considering scrapping the river battle and throwing CC's Roaring Falls in there instead, but it looks like they've gone with the original plans (to my relief).

Postby Shavethewhales » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:48 pm

Finally, after two years of waiting, the announcement:
Word travels fast up the muddy Mississippi...be on the lookout for fun-loving, mischief makers Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn, who are making their way back to town for our 50th birthday. Armed with raft, fishing poles and their keen sense of adventure, the infamous pranksters have set out from Hannibal in search of the mighty White River that will lead them to Silver Dollar City.
Adventure will abound and that's exactly what the boys are counting on! In fact, rumor has it that Tom and Huck are planning to add a little of their own gusto to the party. You see, the thrill-seeking duo only has two claims to fame...anything to do with navigating the water and taking adventure head-on.
With this in mind, their scheme is to set up a riverboat tour to give all those coming from far-and-wide a hootin' and hollerin' good time. The troublesome two have a few tricks up their sleeves and we don't want to spoil all the fun. But, we're forewarning folks to start practicing their aim 'cause the real adventure is about to begin!

Definitely an in-depth splash battle. It's been rumored that the components of the aging Splash Harbor will be moved to this attraction, making room in that corner of the park for something else in 2011. You have to give props to SDC for always coming up with awesome back-stories. Can't wait to hear more details!

Oh yeah, the latest construction photos I know of are here: http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?top ... 2#msg10302

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!