TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

^Technically it's five, but who's counting. And yes, when I first saw that picture I was like WTF? I think I actually emailed RCDB about it (that pics on their website). I felt so stupid when I got the reply

I never got to ride Shockwave or Deja Vu. Vu was always broken and the year I was tall enough to ride Shockwave they built Superman. I will never forgive myself.

Rolling Thunder was right by Demon, really cramped up. Where was Tidal Wave and Gulf Coaster? Sad that Z-Force was only there for two years. I hope Intamin makes another one like that because I would love to ride it. Why was it only open at SFGAM for such a short time?

I hope that they never make another one like that.

The story on Z-Force is that it was moved out to Six Flags Magic Mountain due to the ride rotation program and changed it's name to Flashback.

I rode it once... seriously, horrible, horrible roughness. My friend actually suffered a broken rib on that ride. And the space dive element wasn't all that great, either. All in all, the ride was a waste of space. I'd rather have a kiddie waterslide in that spot than another heap of junk like Flashback.

/end rant.

Does anyone remember the tri-pronged ferris wheel observation type ride? I don't remember the name, but I have a vivid, isolated memory of it being there, and me going on it when I was probably about 3 or 4. I even remember what shirt I was wearing. But does anyone know where that was, and the history on that thing, when it was taken down, etc? Just out of personal curiosity.

^ It totally depends on how well it is running (It can range from a 8 to a perfect 10 for me)

Earlier this season it was flying and I got ejector air on every hill, but more recently the ride seems a bit more sluggish. So it really depends on if you get it on a good day.

None the less it is much better this year thanks to new restraints that allow you more room for some air!

The front is the best airtime on Viper. You get pushed up the hills which gets you a lot of airtime. So make sure to ride the front cart when you do! Hehe

Actually I find the ride to be better and have more airtime in the last car.

I just figured out that I will be going to SFGAm either Monday or Tuesday and I'll have my camera with me. So if any of you want photos of any of the rides go ahead and ask! [That includes anything needed for the TPR Index]

The front is the best airtime on Viper. You get pushed up the hills which gets you a lot of airtime. So make sure to ride the front cart when you do! Hehe

Actually I find the ride to be better and have more airtime in the last car.

Same, but I think all the rides are fun in both the front and back.

I loved the Sky Whirl, it was a pretty fun ride. I have some great memories of it from when I was a kid. Wasn't their some structural flaw that would have cost more to fix than replace?

I was at the park earlier today.

- The markers have disappeared from by Sky Trek Tower and Space Shuttle America.

-Mporium has lost its sign.

-The all you can eat pasta plate is a really good deal, and it tastes good too. It is now my favorite meal food in the park.

-Buccaneer Battle actually had a line.

-It was hot and humid, 80 some degrees with humidity at or above 70%(just checked, 77% now).

-American Eagle was racing with two trains on each side.

-Viper's queue moved quickly thanks to great line management and operations. There was a person at the ramp into the station letting in only a certain number of people. This is a lot better compared to my last visit when the station was packed and confusing, but there was no one in the queue line.

-Dark Knight actually had a line.

cp2.jpg.8269a64e595eddbb6136c1a4b784b7be.jpg

Carousel Plaza

P6200043.jpg.f039db11ada9fed9555312abe690c8ad.jpg

Buccaneer Battle

P6200038.jpg.8049fffe7822462b5c554bd27fc5dbbe.jpg

Viper

P6200037.jpg.1da6c584b25506641bcac97ef6d28900.jpg

Viper

P6200024.jpg.e6ae5ae866fcf352f882e1a12f479183.jpg

Giant Drop living up to its name

P6200025.jpg.c13a72fae4098d9de11141c00bf20bde.jpg

Raging Bull

P6200035.thumb.jpg.0bb23524c9b39ee9731a74fc9e0dbaf9.jpg

Raging Bull

P6200034.thumb.jpg.efc1f78152673b539f2769cf5e1d0aa4.jpg

Raging Bull

P6200036.jpg.a52fb781562b3ff371cf23137205aa49.jpg

Raging Bull

P6200040.jpg.192cccfc5e074f9ad0a5d5a9969df357.jpg

Raging Bull

P6200042.jpg.1256409be245e3fb6d5b56847f52e04d.jpg

Demon later in the evening

P6200018.thumb.jpg.8b70ae7195bfd3591b99916d4d378d49.jpg

10-20 seconds sooner, and this would have been a signature shot

P6200001.thumb.jpg.cc6f74c695cf66a69965420b5c16540b.jpg

Superman from the parking lot

I was there tonight too. We got there around 4 and stayed until closing, which we thought was 10. We skipped a majority of the coasters because we didn't want to wait too long, and we were going to see a few of the shows anyway. We did get on Demon, and that was about a 10 min wait.

I didn't know that Demon was on the Q-bot list. I've honestly never used the system before but I knew RB, S:UF and TDK were on the list. I guess it surprised me because I've always waited around 10 min or less for the ride. With the exception of FF, that was a bit longer of a wait.

I don't believe the Demon is on the Q-Bot list. At least it wasn't two years ago.

We were there today and Demon is on the list. Although we really didn't need to use the Q-Bot since it was basically a walk-on.