Custom models of Sheikra, TTD, Insane and now Manta!

Pg 32 - Manta Complete. 30+ pictures. Thanks for following!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:27 pm

The supprts and the ride in general look awesome. Good luck on your finals!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby BrideySwears » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:47 pm

I think it's so cool when people make models of things, especially coasters. Fantastic work! Each one looks very neat and clean. Very detailed. I enjoyed looking at these. Great job! :]
Hardstyle is as important as water. You don't have a chance of living without it.
-------------
http://www.rctlounge.com/

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:24 am

Aweome! Can't wait to see the finished product...

And good luck on your finals.

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:17 pm

^^^ and ^ Thanks for the luck on the finals, I feel pretty good about them which could either be a good thing that I know it all, or a bad thing in that I am not going to study as much as I should. Next week I will devote solely to Macroeconomics and Introduction to Business. Probably should throw some weather in there too haha.

To all you guys, thanks for you support working through this model. Words cannot express how excited I am at how this one turned out. By far my best model IMO, it just seems to be the most accurate and best built. Just give me time now, and I will build stations for this and TTD. Then, taking the advice on page 1 or 2 or something, will start work on another model. I am speaking with evergreen scale models about their styrene products as I type this. Should be fun! Thanks again!

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby linearinduction » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:03 am

Great Job Man! Love the Insane Model! Keep it Up!

- Sid

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Dr.Pest » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:03 pm

fantastic job man !!

Neil Peart makes me erect

Postby DiSab » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:09 pm

That is really sweet. Great job, can't wait to see what's next. :)

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Tue May 05, 2009 11:54 am

Thanks for being patient with me as I buckled down to bust out those finals, I am now done and will start building again! Still haven't seen many pictures of the station and surrounding buildings though, so I guess I might just be improvising from the parts I can see on the concept art. I will post an update as soon as I can, thanks again!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Tue May 05, 2009 2:59 pm

Hope the finals went well. :)

I can't wait to see your fine expertise in action building the station. I'm sure it will turn out amazing. =)
Snoochie Boochie

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:48 pm

We will start with the first set of good news, since no one should start out on a bad note.

Good News 1: IT'S BACK! After finals from second semester and taking a class in may, I had no time to get Insane going. But now that summer is in full swing, expect more updates of Insane, Top Thrill and _______ .

But now, I have to announce some awful news that still upsets me a little. I wish it were not true, in fact when I first found out I double taked to make sure it was in fact true.

Bad News: I was applying for a promotion at Elitches and decided to bring in the model of Insane (since it is 2/2 so far) as reasoning. After the interview, which I hope gets me the job, I returned the model to my car and changed into work clothes to work. After getting back to my car at 10pm, I had found that my car window was forced down into the door and the model was smashed. I am not joking when I say this. It did not melt, hot glue melts at like 200 something degrees, and there is no way the damage that occured or the lowered window happened by an animal. So, unfortunately I have to reconstruct most of the supports, rebend the track and hope to Kraken (#1) that I can restore it to its original shape.

So in order to lighten the mood, I have one more piece of good news. Actually TWO!

Good News #2-3 I started building the station buildings and all the other decor pieces that come with my models! So far I am very pleased with how everything looks. And the other good news, thanks to mcjaco is, B&M styrene red aquatrax track has been spotted. Just playin, but I did receive some samples of styrene that will hopefully allow me to create my best model yet!
100_0147.JPG
This is what I got to see after getting off of work. Doesn't look too bad right?
100_0148.JPG
WRONG! After taking it out of the car, this is the damage done to it. Weak. Super weak.

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness