Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

P. 126 - Trespasser dies at park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby weatherkid17 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:48 am

I was there on 7/9 and when I have a chance, I will be posting my trip report. I can confirm that there is no disko anywhere. It is gone.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby MisterP » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:10 pm

weatherkid17 wrote:I was there on 7/9 and when I have a chance, I will be posting my trip report. I can confirm that there is no disko anywhere. It is gone.

You're kidding...I took this picture on June 26th and it was right in front of the Helios go-kart track!!!
IMG_2886.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:22 pm

MisterP wrote:
weatherkid17 wrote:I was there on 7/9 and when I have a chance, I will be posting my trip report. I can confirm that there is no disko anywhere. It is gone.

You're kidding...I took this picture on June 26th and it was right in front of the Helios go-kart track!!!

Well two weeks is plenty of time to pack up a disko.

Assuming they did sell it, they could easilly have packed it up and hauled it away in a day. It's not a large ride by any means.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby MisterP » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:47 pm

Carnage wrote:
MisterP wrote:

Well two weeks is plenty of time to pack up a disko.

Assuming they did sell it, they could easilly have packed it up and hauled it away in a day. It's not a large ride by any means.

In the exact MIDDLE of a season?!?! What would the point in that be?!!

oh, wait..what am I saying...this is Mt. Olympus, the most bizarre, weirdly run park in the U.S........

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:49 pm

MisterP wrote:In the exact MIDDLE of a season?!?! What would the point in that be?!!

oh, wait..what am I saying...this is Mt. Olympus, the most bizarre, weirdly run park in the U.S........

I agree, it's odd.

I'm just pointing out that the ride could have been removed at any time.

But really, removing a disko isn't going to make much of a difference. People go to that park for the coasters or the go-kart tracks. No one will probably even notice it's gone.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby ILoveRitalin » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:51 pm

Not to change the subject or anything, but I still have yet to ride a Disko and those things look pretty damn fun. It's too bad that MtO decided to sell theirs, but maybe they'll replace it with something better. Or maybe they'll donate the money to Mullets Anonymous or something... ;)

"Hello, my name is Daryl and this is my other brother Daryl... and we have mullets. *sniffle*"

DISCLAIMER:

The above statement is not meant in any way to disparage anyone that has a real addiction and seeks help. And it in no way should be taken seriously but as a joke, as I have total respect for anyone brave enough to seek help for their problems and for those that give help... and for those brave enough to actually go out in public sporting a massive MULLET. Thank you. :P

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:38 pm

"I...I used to have a Joe Elliot Mullet...and a mustache. While it did net me a hot girlfriend, I was still a shell of a man. Treatment at MA (Mullets Anonymous) and a job search helped me, but my keytar afliction is another story. I fear scissors too." ;)

Back to topic, DtA was a curious ride. It's no picnic that it broke though.

Captain Coaster Nerd!!

Postby JamesMC » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:54 am

Never got on Dive To Atlantis when it was open. I saw how slow the line was moving and decided I'd rather get on Hades 5 times in the same time frame than on DTA once.

As far as Disk-O goes- it was fun, assuming you could find a seat that wasn't broken down :roll: . Rode it a couple times in both it's outside and Parthenon (inside) locations.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Hades Gets Stuck at Mt. Olympus

Postby Myself » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:15 am

On Saturday, Hades at Mt. Olympus got stuck in the turnaround at the far end of the parking lot. What's amazing is that some lucky guy was filming the ride and filmed the train not making it over the hill:

Here is a video more like one you'd usually see of stalls. Here, the train is evacuated.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AyK0cFsgMI&feature=related[/youtube]

I wonder what happened that caused it to get stuck?

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:29 am

I always thought that hill after the tunnel was a bit too tall. I wonder if that has happened before. Nice find!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!