TPR's Scandinavia 2009 Trip!

TPR Grand Prix Posted! Page 76
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I Love Donkeys!

Postby gavt1976 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:16 am

I am glad that everyone on the trip has enjoyed them selfs so far, but what i wanted to know when are you planning a trip to the uk to visit all the theme parks because i would like to join the trip. :)

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:29 am

^I have a strong feeling you should start saving your money for next year.

Looks like you guys are having an awesome time! I'm officially jealous ( not like that's new...) I miss Spain lol.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby _Joel_ » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:01 am

Great updates! Special when you live in Sweden! I have visited Tivoli Gardens for some years ago, and it's a nice park. But it's fun when you come to Sweden.
Especially this year, when we have got four new rollercoasters! (Yes, I know. Two of them are for children.) :) But anyway, Tele2 Insane is different, and on Friday I will go to Skara Sommarland and go "Tranan". I live very close to the park.

Can't wait to see more photos!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby snoflake15 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:14 am

Went to Tivoli a couple of winters ago.

Daemenon is good fun but less so when there is driving rain and snow in your face. :shockr:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Phaota » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:03 am

Man, that BonBonland park is really messed up. The rides look interesting, but basing a park around farting, crapping, etc. from animals sounds like the work of an insane mind.

Sure would love to go on a TPR trip. I'm amazed at how so many regular members can afford to continually go on them. If I had $2000 or more available, I would definitely be up to a trip, though getting time off of work is the other problem.

Being a noobie to the forum, I'm still at a loss to know what ERT stands for? Is is "Extreme Ride Time"?

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby moinab » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:40 am

^Exclusive ride time.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Phaota » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:29 am

Thanks for explaining that. "Extreme Ride Time" would make for a good abbreviation for crazy coasters. =)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:23 pm

Bakken was today. This park is similar to Tivoli in that they have a Scenic Railway and lot of other random flat rides, but Bakken is a bit more "traditional" in that Blackpool or Indiana Beach sense. It *feels* like a seaside park even though it's not right on the water. (It's close though!)

It's getting late here so I'll just get on with the photos...
bakken_01.jpg
Just in case you forgot what park we were at today.
bakken_02.jpg
We arrive at the park and a pretty girl shows up to greet us. What could be better?
bakken_03.jpg
OMG! It gets better...they give us a pretty girl and FOOD!!!!
bakken_04.jpg
There's a joke in here about Craig and his two meaty balls or something, but I really can't be bothered to go looking for it.
bakken_05.jpg
After a nice presentation by the park, we were treating to an hour of ERT (Exclusive Ride Time) on their Scenic Railway (the Rutchebanen!)
bakken_05a.jpg
This woodie had some SERIOUS airtime and for being like 80 years old, that was pretty amazing.
bakken_05b.jpg
Lots of open mouths hoping to catch some Danish flies.
bakken_05c.jpg
Mark demonstrates the "OMFG! My balls are smashed against the lapbar" expression.
bakken_06.jpg
Mr. Brakeman has the coolest job in the world. I think I'm going to apply to take on that position.
bakken_06c.jpg
I got the job!!!
bakken_06d.jpg
No, I'm totally serious! There is me being the brakeman through the entire ride!
bakken_06e.jpg
Yes, that is Robb...playing the role of Mr. Brakeman...with everyone's lives on the train in his hands...and they all seem to be "OK" with it!!!
bakken_07.jpg
What started out as a "TPR Takeover" at the mine train turned into a mini-ERT session with the ride's owner giving us 2 or 3 laps for everyone in our group!
bakken_07a.jpg
"Let's hear it for our third ride in a row!"
bakken_07b.jpg
"OMG! I just saw Ethel Merman!"
bakken_08.jpg
Big Mike's tounge gets the Mine Train credit!
bakken_10.jpg
KidTums! ATTACK!!!!
bakken_11.jpg
TPR Takeover of the bumper cars!
bakken_12.jpg
Yes, that translates into "Afro Cups!"
bakken_13.jpg
"Yo Elephant...I'm gonna pop a cap in yo ass!"
bakken_14.jpg
The "mouse trap" game???
bakken_15.jpg
Let me introduce you to one of the most insane, intense, awesome, and "EVIL" coasters ever! Tornado!
bakken_15b.jpg
DO NOT BE FOOLED by this looking like your "average spinner." The lift hill "launches" you over the top and OMFG with the right weight balance you won't be able to see anything for the next 45 seconds!
bakken_15c.jpg
They allowed us to mount our cameras to the ride...let's have a look at some rider reactions to that lift launch, shall we?
bakken_15e.jpg
Steve gained 500lbs getting launched over the hill.
bakken_15f.jpg
Right seat - punched in the nuts
Left seat - Castrated by a blast of wind
bakken_15g.jpg
These guys look the most calm, but they spun the most!
bakken_15h.jpg
Jes does popeye, and OMFG Lou! Where did those veins come from? And that HAIR?!!?
bakken_17a.jpg
KidTums Frog Hopper credit!
bakken_17.jpg
The Bakken Frog Hopper is KidTums APPROVED!
bakken_19.jpg
WTF IS THAT?!?!?
bakken_21.jpg
So far, all Scandi parks have been KidTums approved!
bakken_27.jpg
Bakken has that "traditional park" feel to it. Lots of older style buildings, food everywhere you turn around, and TONS of rides.
bakken_29.jpg
Big Mike & Josh are having a good ride on the mine train, but I'm more interested in what Divv and Andrew are about to do in the seat behind them!
bakken_34.jpg
Strike a pose!
bakken_37.jpg
WATCH OUT FOR ATTACKING LOCUSTS!!!!
bakken_38.jpg
Another credit for KidTums!
bakken_38a.jpg
It's a good thing she likes roller coasters!
bakken_39.jpg
"Hi, I'm cute....I'm REALLY cute. You should send me something because I'm cute. If you want to send me stuff...whatever...it doesn't matter. Send it to: KidTums Alvey, 24707 Riverchase Dr #7203, Valencia, CA 91355. Send me lots of stuff! I'm CUTE!!!"
bakken_40.jpg
The ghost train was quite heart attack enducing. Watch out for the guy in the ski mask!
bakken_47.jpg
And we leave Bakken with Kidtums getting another credit! I think she now has more internationsl credits than US ones!
bakken_47a.jpg
On the bus we watched episodes of "Yo Gabba Gabba!"
bakken_48.jpg
Our journey tonight included a ferry over to Germany.
bakken_49.jpg
At the Duty Free shop we stocked up on some nessesary supplies.
bakken_50.jpg
At the hotel we had a group dinner... "There's a party in my tummy...so yummy, so yummy!"

Next up! Hansa Park!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:25 pm

Awesome report so far, and looks like you are having a lot of fun over there. Hopefully I'll visit some of these parks someday, but for now, I'm stuck being on the wrong side of these reports.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Allena.k.a.Alan » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:28 pm

AWESOME! Even though it is the oldest amusement park, Bakken still looks very nice.
Ladeedah ladeedah! :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive