TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR, 10 day credit run through Europe

Can't believe you like Eurosat. For me, that was one of the worst, if not thE worst Europa Park-coaster.

Blue Fire is pretty awesome, especially that superslow cobraroll! Very nice waiting line as well!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Have it ever operated without trims??

If they want to remove them, then at least change them to adjustable so that they don't kill the ride when it cooler. But yes please remove those trims!!

^ Eurosat is just awesome!!

I had some amazing rides on the Geforce last year. It was around 30 degrees celsius and you could hardly feel the first trim brake. The second one was slightly harder but also no problem. It felled like it had the same amount of airtime as on the bunnyhops on Goliath.

In the afternoon a thunderstorm passed by and you could feel the temperature dropped like 10 degrees and suddenly the trims were much harder. The first one was still doable but the second one killed the ride.

So if you want to enjoy TPR's #1 coaster and Holiday Park doesn't remove the trimbrakes, just go on a very hot day.

----Hans

So many people already voted Blue Fire over Expedition GeForce...

(Everyone who was able to compare until now, I think...) But of course that may change...

I`m so curiuous, who`ll get the trophy for best steelie AFTER the next TPR- Europa-trip.

EGF needs the warmth to run to it`s full potential...so does B.F., that`s also VERY intense, when it warmed up...

ISpeed could be the over-all winner, and I´m so much looking forward to the first reviews. But then again, I think, Blue Fire is gonna score because of the "freedom" in the trains...

Well, we`re gonna see ! Soooo many interesting new coasters...never been so much looking forward to the next coster polls...

So, everybody, have a good time !

Greeds...GeorgeT

^^^ That's what I though, it may have something to do with that they have changed the trains since it's first opened though.

^^ The weather report we looked at before the trip showed great weather for the whole week but it didn't turn out that way. And seeing that the parks is over 1000 km away then it's not that we just can pop down there an hope for the weather is good. I have ridden better coasters at that still delivered, even if it was raining and only 10°C...

^ Yeah blue fire is definitely the better of the two, and even it the weather were about the same at both places, blue fire still seemed to kick ass, where as EGF didn't...

Next up my second GCI.

Day 7, part 1

GCI virginity part 2

The best thing with this trip were that we not only was going to ride one GCI but 2, even better was that the second one was brand new, OK so it was the smallest of the GCI's but that don't really matter, heck there is several small coasters I prefer to their larger siblings, like the Mega-lites are way better then EGF imo...

When we first got up that morning it looked great, clear blue sky and a little chilly, but as we got closer to the park the sky just opened up the taps and the rain started to pour down, did this mean that the whole day was ruined and that we wouldn't get our credits for today??

We asked the lady in the ticket booth if the coasters were running, and she replied that so was the case, well we are not in the US or in Japan so that should be true, good for us that we came prepared for these kind of weathers

Pictures:

Plohn is the place

Note to other small parks in the EU, let EU upgrade your plans from kiddy coasters to large GCI's!!

Looks like we should head in that direction

As we got closer to El Toro, the rain stopped

Which meant that the coaster was open!!

The coaster passes just inches from the station

WARNING the younger audience should skip the next 2 images

The Germans seems to love El Toro

This section is strangely under banked, but that means loads of lovely lateral forces

Here comes the train

And there it goes

After a few freezing cold but awesome rides on El Toro we headed for the other two credits in the park

The first one is a Zierer Flitzer

With nice themeing

Entrance

They run it with NO RESTRAINTS, awesome!!

A complete mess of track

We will walk past you again, but there is another credit somewhere

That seems to be it

YAY, a wacky worm, I haven't ridden one of these in months

They had an animal enclosure next to the kiddy coaster

Wonder what these ones tastes like??

He was completely bored by our visit...

They have a really nice looking train ride if you don't want to get wet

Also some crazy rednecks

The whole area was themed to an western village

But this one don't seems to fit in...

HOLY CRAP, BLUE SKY!!!!

And before we moved on the the next stop here is a giant load of ET images!!

Really nice turn around

Mmmmm

Even if it was really cold this coaster delivered loads of fun, compared to others...

It was like we had a park ERT session

ET with some random stuff in the background

Soon they will feel the force of a GCI

Just after one of the best bits on this coaster...

twisty airtime hill heaven

This coaster not only have one, but TWO tunnels

This coaster reminds me a little of Falken at Fårup

This one is awesome (as is Falken)

Zooom

The section that follows this turn is great as well...

It goes right under the flume ride

It's really tight

Sex right there

Some guy was walking around the ride and tightening all the bolts

TAKE THE TUNNEL!!

WEEEEEEEEEeeeee

It was really fun to see everyone, in sync, take down their hands before every tunnel

Nice final section

HERE IT COMES!!

While waiting for one of the ops to fix his giant comb over, I snapped this image on the 3!!! airtime hills in a row

This section might get re-tracked soon, since the lateral forces on this turn is very un GCI like

One of the nice twisty sections that gives airtime

Fast!!

Even FASTER!!!!

Oh did we mention the log flume??

One last image on El Toro before we move on...

Beware of this guy, he spits...

Really nice entrance

Cool, they have a space science museum in the area...

Next up is a place where you don't go for the coaster...

Day 7, part 1

Gerstlauer gone MAD??

We had plenty of time after our visit at Plohn so we headed for the next place to get my second to last Gerstlauer Bobsled credit (just Cobra left now...) but we discovered something even more awesome then the coaster...

Before we arrived to the park, we spotted this giant thing, that we guess have something to do with the Global Warming we experienced this morning...

Hmm, pyramids in the middle of nowhere in Germany??

Yay Belantis!!

Looks like the middle east somewhere

This park is enormous

Let's go in this direction

Getting closer to Egypt

Is it just me or do the Pyramid look smaller in this picture??

Pretty cool station for the Flume boats

Giant Helix of DEATH!!

Look a credit

Poor people going up the lift

They don't know what is waiting for them

This coaster is the worst we rode on this trip

Greatly themed though

It gives some strange rattly airtime

OMG, WE ARE GOING TO DIES!!!

Mmmm,, riders, I hope you like the brakes that follows, that feels like driving straight into a brick wall...

Look a tower

Really nice themed area

Another angle

What the heck is that, even I don't know??

YAY, for obstacle courses

What the heck is that!!

Strange things

That looks like fun!!

It's apparently called Götterflug, Hang Over would be a better name, since that's how you feel after you get of

First you strap yourself into these chairs

Then they hoist you up the tower, and spin a bit

Well you could ride it like this

But we went berserk and did this instead

W00t!!

We easily managed 60+ inversion on this thing

It was like you were strapped onto a propeller

Ground, Sky, Ground, Sky, Ground, Sky, Ground, Sky, Ground, Sky, Ground, Sky, Ground, Sky, Ground, Sky, Ground, Sky, Ground, Sky......

Since static images don't show the whole thing here is a short video!!

CLICK here for video (how do you get it to be embedded??)

It was very windy that day which could be seen in the end where my brother spins like crazy while the whole things stands still

We went on the strange flume-boat thingy, and it's beyond awesome!!

Overview

They have also got one of these things

It's time for us to leave, but go ride this thing, it's the best new flat ever made!!

On the way out we spotted that we could try Segways for free!! if we bought a hairnet for a Euro, so that's what we did

The bad thing with this that I really want one now

What the hack is that!!

OMG, it's stalking me!!!

On the way to the next hotel we spotted some giant Antonov's!!

I really have to say this about Götterflug, it's awesome and anyone can ride it since you control how intense the ride should be. Either you do nothing and just float through the air, or you could move the wings a little and tilt a bit from side to side, or you can do like we did, go for as many spins as possible. The problem by going with Berserk mode is that it sometimes feels like the seat is going to come of the ride (mighty scary), when you get of everything is like after a hard night out and you get some massive bruises on your shoulders, but it's all worth it

Next up we get cursed!!

loved your trip! you really did every new ride and nice park in europe... and the pics are awesome. Wonderful photo spots and really good quality... can`t wait to see more. And even wondered that you found the AlpinSlide. The next time i hope to see some Photos of the the little "Steinwasen Park" next to Oberried from you . Its on the way, too. And has 2 nice alpin slides, a indoor powered coaster, indoor powered alpine slide, some other little rides and an animal park.

But what i have to mention is that i had a really extrem airtime on SilverStar in my homepark EuropaPark. I ride it directly after the park opening and OMG it was extrem in the last row. I really never had such an extrem airtime on any coaster. Most of the people which ride with me were really sick after the ride... and i really don`t wanted to ride it again after this because it was even to extrem for an coater enthusiast. But in afternoon i ride it again and then it was like: "hmm, were is the airtime gone??" I don´t know why it changed so much but it really rides like 2 complete different coasters.

And by the way: Bluefire is one of the best if ever ridden! Everything is said: insanly smooth, nice speed, wonderfull inversions, superb layout, the best seats and restraints ever, good onride music, family friendly and just really big fun to ride this thing. Hope they will improve the darkride-part in the future, with an extra stop before the launch and some animatronics, then it will be perfect.

Hi kooky...nice to hear you finally made it to Blue Fire.

And yes, the darkride part WILL BE improved.

What you wrote about Silver Star is very interesting also, would love to have that kind of ride-experience.

Greeds...GeorgeT

Hi Georg, finally i did it and really really liked it. I prepare a little photo TR but my camera was broken so i just had some photos of good friend, which are not so coaster focused.

And I can`t explain the experience in SilverStar. I never had such extrem airtime. Maybe it was because i havn`t ridden any coaster for a long time. But it pushes the hair of all riders in the air for long time on every hill and the brakes nearly had no effect, and i never found it so extrem on any coaster i rode. In the afternoon the brakes affected much harder and even the first drop was a little bit lame.

^^^ Thanks for the feedback, there is still 3 more parks on this trip, that includes 2 other coasters that are new for this year

We might check that place out, it looks nice, maybe on our third attempt to get some "good" rides on EGF to see what the fuss is all about

We also had a strange ride on Silver Star, one ride the first trim didn't do anything so we got some decent air on the hill on before the turnaround, but then the second trim completely killed the rest of the ride. And then the second ride both trim killed of all the airtime... Still wasn't anyting special by our standards...

^^ Great to hear that they will improve the indoor section, probably to be able to run a 4:th train without any stacking...

I'm fixing the photos of the 2 last days of the trip now, and they will be posted tomorrow

I highly doubt that turn on El Toro will be retracked due to low banking and high laterals, GCIs may look highly banked but they definitely have a fair share of laterals. Evel Knievel has the some of the highest lats of any coaster I've ever ridden!

Great pictures though, I'm really enjoying reading about all of these parks that don't get much coverage.

El Toro looks awesome. As does that new Gerstlauer flat. I love how he got 30-something more inversions as the tower was lowering back down. Hopefully one of those will make it's way to the States soon.

Blue Fire already runs with 4 trains AFAIK. And maybe, after some testing, even the fifth one will be oparating. Don`t know, if the already slowed down the speed in the indoor section, but I hope the will.

The whole plan is to simulate an explosion and the train will be somehow "blown" out of the building...there are some effects that still don`t work, but they sound VERY interesting.

But because the coaster gets positive reviews without any exeptions, the "package" is quite "okay" I think.

Some people hyped this thing alot without even riding it in a good and warm/intense condition. So, can`t be that wrong until now...

Greeds... George "in love with Blue Fire" T.

Thanks all for you comments!!

^^^^ Either re-tracked or trim brakes, since you pull over 1 g's lateral through that whole corner (which is more then any other GCI). Some enthusiast that have ridden it speculates that something will have to be done after this season to tame the ride somewhat.

^^^ Yeah Waarbeek is a bit unknown, but when we saw that coaster from the 1930's then we knew we had to make a stop at that place.

^^ After we got of that flat, then the operator came out with a wind speed indicator, and was thinking that they might close down the ride due to way to strong winds

It's all about the wind on that ride, you can also clearly see that he speeds up in the rotation when he reach that point while the structure spins

My guess is that this ride might end up like the Intamin Flight trainer but you never know...

^ 4 trains on blue fire would be easy to run, without any modifications, but yeah a 5:th one would be awesome. They were running 3 trains when we were there, and for the light crowds that ere there that day it worked out great...

Next up Hansa park!!

Hey im a swede too and will do a small Europe trip. Unfortunately I will only be able to visit one (maybe two) parks. What one would you choose?

My first choice was Europa park but since ppl trash talk silver star (Never been on a Mega Coaster so I dont know what to expect) so much it only seems like there is one coaster worth riding.

Day 9

The day of the curse...

This was one of the other days of the trip I was looking forward to, then new Gerstlauer Eurofighter with an extra launch, Fluch von Novgorod. Since there isn't anyone that have posted a massive review on an English forum of this ride (OK some German forums might have done that...). So it made it even more interesting...

Picture first, then review

Look there is some tower from Fluch von Novgorod!!

They have completely remodeled the entrance since we were last here

Hi Nessie!!

You looks as good as always, but we will return to you later, since it was time to get cursed!!

There have been a lot of discussion that you would experience a lot of head banging in this twisty bit...

But there was none at all!!

The cars flows really nice through these sections.

Massive airtime here I come!!

And after massive airtime, it's time for sideways floater

The themeing that is done looks ace!!

The only inversion of the ride

But before I continue with the rest of the FvN images here are some of the rest of the park:

They have horsies

Some really strange looking rides

And a looping shark

A really massive Star Flyer

A big drop/shot tower

Too bad that it SUCKS!! you get a better ride in the observation tower...

Greatly themed rubber ring water rides

A giant bell

Bing-bong!!

Another Mexico area

Where they have this really strange ride, it's clearly not a credit

LOL a safari photography ride

A really nicely themed mouse

With massive drops

They have a mechatronic orchestra

But the dog seems a bit worn

Signature shot of Nessie

Whoosh

After we got bored with the other rides we headed back towards FvN

The outdoor section is really nice

This is supposed to be designed after a knot...

Even though it looks like it have come straight of Magnum XL200

I don't think that it would work anyway...

Then it's straight into the Inline twist

Inversion, mmmm

Sideways airtime is the best feeling

Then we decided to raid the tower

Splash boat

Even if it's new, it still looks like a remnant of the Legoland days...

Some people going for a ride

A shot of all of Nessie

On the way back indoor

Overview shot of the outdoor section

After the tower it was time for another ride on FvN

This is what happens if you ignore the too tall limit

It looks like these guys survived

Going down!!

Entrance

Beware that these crows doesn't curse you!!

It's going to look great when all the buildings looks like this

Did I say it was fast

Sneaky station shot

More images of the Inline

Just imagine how great this image would be when they finish the buildings

We interrupt this FvN drooling with a nice and cool SPLASH!!

Airtime through the trees

Really ace

This park is really nicely themed

Nessie doing what he does best, swallowing a long one

What could make this image better??

A coaster train of course

Going up the lift...

Airtime!!

Signature shot!!

Similar signature shot of FvN

It really blends in with the surroundings

Sideways!!

Awesomeness

Almost worthy to be a wallpaper

This one is even better

Add these...

on there...

YAY for themeing

From across the railway

But hey what is that!!

Look it's Alexej!!

Over the hill

Looks a bit like an elephant

NICE!!!

This coaster gives better airtime then Silver Star

Can't they do as Heide park and redo this into a drop tower

I didn't bother to wait to get one in sync...

But if anyone want one then you can always stitch this into the picture above...

One last look

Bye for this time Hansa park

OK review time:

The first thing I want to say is that I quite liked this coaster, since it does so much. Great launch, a fun outdoor section and the final bit is great as well...

It rides like a dream, there is no head banging as you have on some other Eurofighter (there is a couple of jolts that you feel if you ride the side seats in the front row, but that's it). The ride is pretty different when you compare the front and back row at some places, front row isn't as pleasant at one spot if you are a guy , but the back don't have any of that problem...

Even if it's a good ride, then I would almost recommend everyone that is interested in this ride to wait to later this year, or even better next year, since then they might have been able to finish of all the themeing on this ride. There is a lot that need to get done, buildings need's cladding, the whole queue isn't even close to done, all the effects inside also needs a lot of work...

But it was either wait to open the ride or open it and then add stuff along the course, and for us they made the right decision

But it would be even better when they finally finish of the whole thing

Hey I'm a swede too and will do a small Europe trip. Unfortunately I will only be able to visit one (maybe two) parks. What one would you choose?

My first choice was Europa park but since people trash talk Silver Star (Never been on a Mega Coaster so I don't know what to expect) so much it only seems like there is one coaster worth riding.

I'm pretty sure that going to Europa Park would be a pretty good choice if you want to visit a big park in Europe, but it's pretty far away (way down in southern Germany). I and many others don't like Silver Star, but there are other people that really love it, so it's a matter of taste. But then again the park do have blue fire which makes the place really awesome

If you decide to go, and live pretty close to Liseberg, then get "Lisebergkortet" (or if you already have the large season pass) since it will give you a free entry for one day at Europa park, so you only pay for parking that day.

Also if you are thinking about German parks then, Heide park (south of Hamburg) and Phantasialand (Köln area) would be two other places you might want to consider if you are going for a full day in a park. If you want to add a second park (and the weather is great, and you are in the area) then going for a quick visit to Holiday Park (Mannheim area) and try and get some rides on Expedition Geforce could be worth it...

Final day, part 1

Old coaster kicks ass, in a good way, part 1

Tivoli was the first park I visited as an enthusiast way back in 2004, and during that visit I wasn't as credit happy as I am now, so I still had the kiddy coaster to get

The day started with a 3 hour drive from Lübeck and our hotel, and after a ferry ride and some cruising on the motorway, we finally arrived just after the park opened...

We first headed over to Rutchebanan, the Woodie built in 1915, for our first rides, and I have to say that this ride still is one of the better wooden coasters I have ridden, I would almost say that it's pure awesomeness!!

Next coaster on the menu was Dæmonen, and it suffers greatly from the same kind of vibrations that Silver Star have, so the ride isn't as good I remembered it from when it was new

Then I finally got my long sought after missed credit which made me really happy.

Then we were also standing a looking on the new ride that Tivoli have installed, and really wanted to ride it, but since they were just operating one of the sides it meant that we had to wait for a much longer time that we had time for, so it meant that we skipped it for another day and grabbed a few more awesome rides on Rutchebanan...

Pictures!!

First ferry of the day

While walking to Tivoli Gardens

Entrance to Tivoli!!

Then suddenly we were in the Arabic

Cool, I remember these from Kurashiki!!

First and last stops

It have recently received some TLC

It's one of those side friction rides with a brakeman

They ride on that tiny seat during the ride

They were running 3 trains, great

The car really needs those block's on the end since you slide pretty violently around the turns

A Star Flyer is built up on a platform above a section of a park, they have one of the slowest loading I have experienced...

It's right by the power coaster

It's just inches away

Here it comes again

Spinny spinny, this thing might break your neck

Random photo

Power coaster again

Next stop

In a little Asia themed section

A really tight B&M

And they are running it!!

Loopage

Immelmann!!

And then finally a Zero-g

Yep, it have some brakes as well

Loads of track cramped together

It's really tiny

Here it goes again

Time for some upside down sections

Then into the brakes

Massive cross over point

Against the sun

Time for some microgravity

Pre-drop helix

Here it goes again

Also almost worthy to be used as a wallpaper

Floorless flying carpet ride

My final credit!!

Looks nice, but is headache inducing

The new ride for this year

It have two modes

Either it goes really fast in this kind of loop

Or slower and you can use the joystick to control it

But faster is cooler

Sounds awesome as well

Almost like an WW2 fighter plane coming at you

Takes me back to Japan <3

On the top of the Star flyer

Tivolis, new fire engine

Such a nice place to be

In there is a mad house

One final image of the best coaster in the park

Great looking stage

Then it was time for Bakken

Final day, part 2

Old coaster kicks ass, in a good way, part 2

Then after 9 days driving through Europe and 17 different parks it was finally time for the final stop of the trip, and it turned out to be harder to get here then we initially though. Since it was Sunday and the weather was great, a loads of Danish people was thinking the same thing and was also heading for Bakken, so a short drive and an easy parking, became a long hot slow moving traffic jam, when we finally arrived at the park all the parking was full so we had to go and look for somewhere else to park, and we finally found some public parking 1.5 miles away. But since it was so nice weather then it didn't really bother us...

After finally reaching the park we got caught in the largest and slowest queue of the evening, to get our wrist bands...

After we finally got them, we made fast progress through the park and the credits, and was helped by the awesome operations of the rides, they were loading people like crazy (I guess that since they get payed by the number of riders they have they want to have as many as possible > fast loading).

For the final time for this trip report, PICTURES!!!!!!

We finally arrived at Bakken, a place I have wanted to visit for years now...

We made quick work of Mariehønen and nearly broke it in the process

Tiny Ferriswheel

Hmm, Afrokopperne...

There was a lot of wet people walking around in the park, and I guess that this is the cause

New for 2009, an Intamin spinner

It goes really fast of the lift

See what I mean, lightning fast

or it wouldn't clear this section

They have a small launch system, similar to that on an accelerator, for the hydraulically driven lift chain motor

The car's look good, but the OSTR bit really slashes your neck around the course, not pleasant

They need a launch of the lift or the car wouldn't clear this turn as well

These chains sound's like crap when they launch the car of the lift

Tornado, once described as:

"They report that Tornado looks amazing, but is (quote) "rougher than a bag of spanners". Apparently they ended up with bruises from the restraints :/ !"

And I agree...

Since Tornado broke down on us, while we were waiting we headed for Rutschebanen

Another really old coaster for today

This double down creates some really crazy airtime

Completely crazy, but awesome ride

It shakes really bad during the course

Awesome Intamin mine train

Broken

The lift on Rutschebanen is extremely fast and no way near straight

There goes another load of happy riders

Yay for a good Intamin

Down to the lift

The rest of the layout is really twisty <3

There it goes again

If you missed which coaster we are on

Loads of powerful helices

Looks so great

I got a German fair vibe from this place <3

They have a lot of rides that looks like they belongs on a German fair at least

They had a dueling, space shot and frog hopper

A massive Enterprise, I haven't seen any of these in days

Then we found the last coaster in the park before we headed of to see if Tornado had opened again

It's one of these awesome coasters with no restraints <3

It goes pretty great as well

Mmmm

But it was time to see if they had gotten Tornado to open again

Mmm, airtime

YAY, it's opened again!!

The cars are good, but the restraints are whack

Yay, for crazy airtime in the back

Another round of people goes for a ride

There is loads of air in the back, but also in the front

Awesome

The Brakemen were awesome

He was riding with these glasses for a while

Yay, for double down when you leave your seat

Tornado again

Too, bad that it sucks, Intamin should do Mega coasters not small rides

There one train goes again

Buy Bakken it was fun, but we have a boat to catch

And we did, but they failed pretty bad to dock

On the way back we started to go with warp 1

Then we had a rough transition to...

HYPERSPACE!!!!

Next up is a final post of this trip...

Thank you for a great read, and all of these wonderful Bluefire photos from a TPR newbie.

I was wondering if it's normal to feel the way I do about a freaking roller coaster. Your review makes me feel less whacky!!

^^ Tornado is a bit of both, it's one of the rattliest rides I have ridden, and then all the tight twists and turns causes all the neck slashing on the OSTR's.

It looks great, but the ride is appalling for such a new ride, and that coupled with the noise it makes... not good...

^ Thank you for the comments, and welcome to the crazy world of being a coaster enthusiast with people that travel all over the world to ride some coasters. What you are feeling is quite normal for freaks like us

I really love your avatar by the way