THE BIG MIKE ROAD SHOW - 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY PICS ON PG 769

THE 1ST TPR TRIP EVER STARTED 10 YEARS AGO TODAY!!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby ElToroGirl84 » Wed May 27, 2009 4:01 pm

slither37 wrote:
'm actually only going to be there the beginning of the week and doing King's island during Coastermania(I don't belong to a coaster club of any kind to take advantage of coastermania so I won't be going to it)

Every member of a coaster club can bring one guest. So if you change your mind and want to go to a day of Coastermania, you could be mine and my daughter's 2nd guest. !

That's really nice of you and I thank you so much for the offer but unfortunately I'd have to totally rearrange my schedule to do Coastermania now if I decided to go(change up my hotel reservations as well as when we were going to leave, we were going to leave that saturday). I'm still willing to hang out with you on a regular day when I'm at Cedar Point or King's Island if you're still interested. I'll be in Sandusky June 1st through the 3rd and heading to King's island the 3rd to the 5th, we are leaving the 6th to head back to Philly. Would be cool to hang out with some natives of the area and the parks why we are there(my boyfriend and I). Enjoy Coastermania!

Also congrats to Big Mike for the milestone of his page on TPR now, that's pretty cool!

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/139cdb6316efd454fdff504a60fe32ec.jpg[/img][/url]

Why is a duck when it spins?

Postby derwood » Wed May 27, 2009 6:37 pm

Congrats Big Mike. Well deserved.

daron

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby STR8FXXXINEDGE » Wed May 27, 2009 7:52 pm

Congrats, Big Mike!
What a well deserved honor!

I'm SUPER excited to see your TR from John Ivers!

Brian (Off to change his TBMRS Banner URL!) Raymond

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby slither37 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:04 pm

That's really nice of you and I thank you so much for the offer but unfortunately I'd have to totally rearrange my schedule to do Coastermania now if I decided to go(change up my hotel reservations as well as when we were going to leave, we were going to leave that saturday). I'm still willing to hang out with you on a regular day when I'm at Cedar Point or King's Island if you're still interested. I'll be in Sandusky June 1st through the 3rd and heading to King's island the 3rd to the 5th, we are leaving the 6th to head back to Philly. Would be cool to hang out with some natives of the area and the parks why we are there(my boyfriend and I). Enjoy Coastermania!

Coastermania will be my park trip for a few week, sorry I could not meet up with you this time around, but whenever you are at CP or KI, please remember to drop me a line and will try again sometime. Hope you enjoy Diamondback!

I roomed with Tony and lived to tell about it!

Postby philthephorce » Wed May 27, 2009 8:17 pm

Congrats, Big Mike! You da man!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby IggyACE » Wed May 27, 2009 8:37 pm

Big Mike wrote:
In honor of this monumental expansion of The Big Mike Road Show thread into Theme Park Review history, Big Mike will treat all The Valuable Big Mike Readers, everyone on the Theme Park Review website, and all the coaster world to a VERY RARE AND EXCLUSIVE trip report posting tonight!!!

Theme Park Review and The Big Mike Road Show 2009 will proudly present the World premiere of the 1st ever FULL trip report of John Ivers HOMEMADE and BACKYARD coasters!!!

There has been coverage before, but as John said so himself, no one has ever done a FULL report which included pictures of John and his wife and dogs, interviews, tons of pictures of the two coasters, ON RIDE photos, and pictures of the other rides on site!

Big Mike Productions has stopped all production to bee line this report to everyone tonight to celebrate Big Mike's proud accomplishment here on Theme Park Review!

Look for it tonight and thanks to everyone who reads and supports The Big Mike Road Show which made this top honor possible!

Peace, Big Mike

Tonight is almost over! I've had mine done since yesterday! Probably not as elaborate as yours! ;)

Creator of terrible wallpaper.

Postby Thelegendarymatthew » Wed May 27, 2009 9:44 pm

Congratzs!
Maybe one day you will have your own domain! :roll: :P
In all honesty, I hate this username.

TPR's Friendliest Guy

Postby Big Mike » Wed May 27, 2009 10:16 pm

Hey Fantastic Friends!!!!

(This section is repeated from a few pages ago just in case anyone did not hear the HUGE news!!)

AWESOME NEWS!!!

If you are a Valuable Big Mike Reader, this great info just got passed down to Big Mike World Headquarters!!!

Big Mike's hard work and commitment to help make Theme Park Review's website the #1 coaster and theme park website in the World has just been recognized by the main man himself, my great friend Mr. Robb Alvey!!!!!

Robb has ALWAYS been a HUGE supporter of The Big Mike Road Show thread, always there for me when the few haters go on attack on me!

Robb's support and my love for him and all he has done for The Big Mike Road Show's rise to success has driven me to do all I can for the site and to make helping the park index as much as I can the 2nd top priority this year behind meeting lots of new and old friends!!

Anyone who has come out to say hello this year at a park can vouch for me that I tell the group to keep walking as I peel off to take as many ride photos and signs as I can and I will run and catch back up to you.

Well the hard work has paid off and Big Mike has been recognized in 2 different ways!!!

Robb has:

1. Big Mike now has his OWN website address on Theme Park Review!!!

Ever tell a friend about the cool thread on TPR, but had to give the website address and then say go to "forum" and then "donkeys" and then scroll down until you find "Big Mike"?

I do it all the time when I take pictures of people.

Well Robb has just made it VERY EASY!

The Big Mike Road Show thread can now be found just be typing in:

www.themeparkreview.com/bigmike

Woo hoo!!!!!

Our very own link!!!

We have made the big time!!!

That's not all though.

Secondly, now that Big Mike has done such hard work and has posted soooo many trip reports for all the Valuable Big Mike Readers and Theme Park Review family to see when they want to check out a park for their own trip, Robb had made it MUCH easier again!!

Now if you go into the TPR Park Index and just search the key words BIG MIKE, soon all the park trip reports will come up alphabetically with park reviews and ride photos!!!!

Woo hoo!!!

Big Mike has solidified himself as the place to go to find the most in depth information

In honor of this monumental expansion of The Big Mike Road Show thread into Theme Park Review history, Big Mike will treat all The Valuable Big Mike Readers, everyone on the Theme Park Review website, and all the coaster world to a VERY RARE AND EXCLUSIVE trip report posting tonight!!!

Theme Park Review and The Big Mike Road Show 2009 will proudly present the World premiere of the 1st ever FULL trip report of John Ivers HOMEMADE and BACKYARD coasters!!!

There has been coverage before, but as John said so himself, no one has ever done a FULL report which included pictures of John and his wife and dogs, interviews, tons of pictures of the two coasters, ON RIDE photos, and pictures of the other rides on site!

Big Mike Productions has stopped all production to bee line this report to everyone tonight to celebrate Big Mike's proud accomplishment here on Theme Park Review!

I hope you enjoy!!!

Peace, Big Mike
ji7.jpg
The story starts as my great buddy Craig Iggyace) takes me for a ride to John Ivers house in Indiana along with his son Gage. Adam (Spaceace12) picked the right day to tag along with The Big Mike Road Show for sure!
387.JPG
We arrive, and from a distance I think I can make out a few coasters in John's backyard!
389.JPG
Yep, there they are!!!

Everyone always dreams about having a coaster in thier own backyard, but John actually did it!
422.JPG
The Big Mike Road Show 2009 proudly presents John Ivers Home Built Back Yard Coasters!
421.JPG
A picture for the TPR Park Index!
410.JPG
The 1st thing I noticed was the guard dog sitting by the coaster.
407.JPG
John and his wife come out to talk to us about the coasters.
408.JPG
Here he is, John Ivers himself!
430.JPG
Now I will show you his two inventions, starting with the original... The Blue Flash!
414.JPG
Overview.
403.JPG
The coaster car, currently covered up to build suspense.
404.JPG
The lift.
433.JPG
Notice the lift hill is built right on top of his shed.
484.JPG
The lift motor.
397.JPG
The drop.
398.JPG
The lift supports are built right into the roof of the shed.
432.JPG
There is a tight turn at the bottom of the drop.
406.JPG
The Blue Flash even has a loop!!!
392.JPG
Different view of the loop.
431.JPG
A view of everything covered so far.
415.JPG
Here is the ending of the coaster.
424.JPG
John's second invention is The Blue Too!
413.JPG
Overview.
391.JPG
This coaster has two cars and even has steps to the loading platform!
400.JPG
The coaster cars.
425.JPG
Front view.
ji4.jpg
The cars are attached by a trailer hitch.
426.JPG
The lift.
405.JPG
The lift motor.
399.JPG
The rest of the course.
390.JPG
The ending.
437.JPG
John uncovers the seat to The Blue Flash and asks Gage if he wants to ride so we can see it in action for our report!
438.JPG
John moves the car back and forth to cut the grass since no one has ridden it lately.
439.JPG
Since there is a weight limit on The Blue Flash, Gage was the only person allowed to be a guiney pig, I mean ride it.
441.JPG
John pushes Gage to the lift and now it is time to see if this coaster really works!
442.JPG
The lift carries Gage away.
446.JPG
The lift carries Gage all the way up with no problem!
444.JPG
The drop.
447.JPG
Gage enters the loop and all of us hold our breath for the outcome.
445.JPG
Success! Gage finishes the ride intact!
ji6.jpg
Gage conquered the loop!
449.JPG
As if the day could not get any better, John decides to start up the Blue Too and do some test runs.
452.JPG
John runs a few laps with no problems and then the silence is shattered..... by....... "Would anyone like to ride?"
436.JPG
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
454.JPG
EXCLUSIVE "On Ride" photos!
455.JPG
Credit #765 for Big Mike!!!
ji2.jpg
Big Mike enjoying the coaster while still managing to bring The Valuable Big Mike Readers extensive coverage.
456.JPG
The drop!
458.JPG
Big Mike had permission to bring his camera on the ride.
459.JPG
Big Mike thought this coaster was real fun.
460.JPG
Two thumbs up and I rate this coaster higher than Son of Beast at Kings Island.
461.JPG
Adam is rewarded for hanging out with The Big Mike Road Show with a ride of his own.
465.JPG
Gage is lucky enough to ride with John!
ji3.jpg
Last but certainly not least, Craig takes it for a spin.
471.JPG
You can just see the happiness!
472.JPG
A couple of nerd shots to please everybody.
473.JPG
This concludes this part, but I have more in store for you, and it is coming up right away!

ONLY 22 COASTERS LEFT IN THE USA TO RIDE!!!

COASTERS RIDDEN: 1,309

PARKS VISITED: 447

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed May 27, 2009 10:26 pm

Surely there can NOT be better rides than Son of Beast...it's the tallest AND fastest wooden coaster!

AND it's built in Mason city's backyard!

And Mason's in Ohio.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

TPR's Friendliest Guy

Postby Big Mike » Wed May 27, 2009 10:30 pm

The Big Mike Road Show is back showing you everything else at John Ivers!!

Peace, Big Mike

PS - Thanks to Craig for contributing a few pictures for this report!!!

Craig will have another trip report with better stories and more technical info, make sure to read that too!!
466.JPG
Big Mike makes friends with the guard dog :)
416.JPG
Other rides at John Ivers for the park index lol:
417.JPG
418.JPG
419.JPG
474.JPG
John decides that since The Big Mike Road Show is in town, he is going to try something new and push the envelope of his coaster and see if it can handle Craig!
475.JPG
As John pushes Craig to the lift, I sense a bit of concern on Craig's face.
476.JPG
Up the lift Craig goes, again with no problems!
478.JPG
Craig comes flying down the drop and turn much faster than Gage.
477.JPG
Craig into the loop, success or failure?
479.JPG
Success! John has built a winner.
482.JPG
Big Mike thanks John for this rare and thrilling opportunity.
ji5.jpg
A nice group shot of 4 crazy coaster riders and one awesome coaster builder.
489.JPG
Since this was so special to Big Mike and the fact that John and his wife were such wonderful people, we had John be a special guest checker offer of Indiana on The Official Big Mike Road Show 2009 T-Shirt!!
490.JPG
"Bye Big Mike, come back anytime!!!"

Hope you enjoyed!

Peace, Big Mike

ONLY 22 COASTERS LEFT IN THE USA TO RIDE!!!

COASTERS RIDDEN: 1,309

PARKS VISITED: 447

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!