Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby KC » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:21 pm

BGT should be using this poster for SheiKra promo...

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby CoasterEricHP » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:33 pm

jonathan h wrote:I doubt that will ever happen. B&M have this thing about launched coasters or building coasters over 300ft high. Shame really. If anything it gives Intamin the advantage in the market for high and fast coasters.

I'm pretty sure the launch on the Hulk was designed mostly in house by Universal and B&M had almost nothing to do with that part.. at least that's what I hear.. at work.. which is IOA :)

I agree though, I'd choose the 75 foot tall Phoenix over many larger coasters. Height is far from what make a great coaster.. can have a huge impact though.

Eric "I'd be very surprised if Sheikra doesnt end up in most people's Top 5's" Geiple

Banned

Postby Mind Eraser » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:59 am

I think B&M will do whatever the hell a park will pay for.

CP went to B&M for (what later became) Millennium Force. B&M would have done it, but it was too expensive. I hear you might pay twice as much as MF for a 300 ft B&M.

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:40 am

^Im not sure what your source is, but B&M have 2 limits in designing and will not go any further; no launches on rides and no height exceeding 299ft.

Would CP have dug a trench or something for the drop?
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

Banned

Postby Mind Eraser » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:52 am

^Oh, so B&M just refuses to build a foot over 299 ft? Gimme a break. That sounds like crap. If a park threw, say, $200M at B&M for a launched coaster, they sure as hell would get crackin on the designs. Only thing I've ever heard Claude say about launchers is that 'LIMs are unreliable'.

Money makes the world go round, baby!

-kip-

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:45 am

That's crap. If B&M won't build over 299 feet, freakin choose a different company.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby PsychoPuppet » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:34 pm

I am very excited about this coaster, I haven't been to Busch Gardens in a while so I think it is about time I go there this summer. What better reason than to go to a park for a new ride. Gwazi was kind of a let down for me, hopefully this will make up for it.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:53 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure where that info came from, but I never got any impressions from talking to the B&M guys that if someone ponied up the cash, they would build it!

Hell, they built the worst wooden trains for one of the worst wooden coasters in the world!

--Robb

Banned

Postby Mind Eraser » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:13 pm

Do we even really want a 300+ foot B&M? Granted, I loved Apollo and Raging Bull; but, I thought Nitro was pretty boring, and Silver Star was - dear god - that ride sucked. The best part of Silver Star was actually the turn into the final brakes! It was all twisty and neato.

I dunno, I'm exhausted. I'll shut up now. :lol:

-kip-

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby GAcoaster » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:35 pm

I know they're a month old, but I just posted a bunch of SheiKra pictures on my website. This looks like a fantastic ride. Busch and B&M collaborations never fail to impress me. :D

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!