WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 180 - Star Wars: Behind The Wall Sneak Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The classic!

Postby dr.gumbo » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:08 am

^ Maybe they got desperate for money with the Credit Crunch and such.

A knight who says NI!

Postby Purplepills » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:00 am

They probably saw the stupid ads we constantly have here for dial for a claim and such, or are short of money and figure they might aswell try and sue for such a small amount hoping it will settle out of court. Or they were waiting for the pound to be worthless to get more money from a $15,000 payout. :lolr:

I agree with everyone else who says these people are stupid claiming this is due to the ride. Healthy 16 year olds do not suffer these issues solely due to thrill rides.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Capitalize » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:17 am

kidcoaster 2 wrote:As Greg Gutfeld from Fox News Red Eye said last night "America has become full of a bunch of whiny babies"

Does that mean England is full of whiners, too? :lmao:

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:40 am

The solution to this problem...
PAVE WDW.

Not really. But come on, how stupid can people get?
---Brent =)
Disobey

I play Metroid every day!

Postby Kennyweird » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:22 pm

People really need to grow up and realize that not every little accident that happens to them is somebody's fault.

Sometimes, shiz happens and there's nothing you can do about it. Deal with it.
This is my signature. Deal with it.
Kennywood Rides Team Member- Racer/Skycoaster
Coaster count: 67

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:33 am

I got a cold when I was at Disney World in 2007. Can I sue them and demand $5 to cover the medicine I bought at the hotel?

Care to go Class-Action? My leather pen from Disneyland doesn't stay extended when you write with it. I've suffered so....

Well said and thank you for a good laugh.

My small thing speaks for itself

Postby AllenA07 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:17 pm

Astat wrote:An amusement park ride is not going to cause a 16-year old kid to have a heart attack or a stroke (let alone both) unless they have some kind of pre-existing condition. Period.

Oh, and the fact that this woman and her family waited over THREE YEARS to take any kind of action whatsoever just screams "Crap, we need some money, who can we sue for it?" The government seriously needs to enact some kind of statute of limitations on how long you can wait to file a lawsuit after something occurs, because this is flat-out laughable.

There is a statute of limitations in place in Florida (as in all states). For something like this the suit must be filed within four years of when the cause of action arises. Which is why I bet she is now trying to file, she likely has been thinking about it and then realized that she better move now or forever keep her silence.

$15,000 is all she is asking for so Disney will be quick to settle. It's going to cost the parties much more to actually try and litigate. Frankly $15,000 is such a small sum of money to Disney that I doubt they'll bat an eyelash at this.
--Allen

They Broke The Mold When They Made Me, Thank God!

Star Tours "The Adventures Continue" Announced!

Postby ChrisZer0 » Sat May 02, 2009 5:43 am

I had to post this, because it was so damn cool...

http://tinyurl.com/dh6pbv

If its true, ST maybe getting the update it deserves so desparately has needed. If they improve the sim tech along w/ the presentation, it may bring people back...
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:00 pm.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Sat May 02, 2009 7:05 am

This has been rumored so long, it's nice to finally see some movement. I hate that they're putting Episode 1-3 characters in, though. Give it up, George--let me just go back to pretending they never happened. :P

/It's Jar Jar's first flight, too!
Erik Allen Elness

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby jjeerr » Sat May 02, 2009 7:45 am

Would they go 3D? Most of the new video is going to be CG anyway, pop a 120hz projector and give everybody "creative name" glasses, and you got major marketing.

I'd think they could use the same simulators, just reprogram. Then again, how much wear have they had going 12hrs a day for 20years?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!