TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

SeaWorld has updated their Manta website.

There is an countdown to opening day as well as some activities (contest) you can do to win yourself a "Manta photo" or a "front of the line pass." Do two activities to win a Manta photo which is an electronic photo of your ride experience while if you do six of the activities, you could get an front of the line pass.

www.ridetheflyingray.com

Everytime I see the splash down section of track I can't help but wonder how it is going to feel. I can imagine pretty good, like the turn over the fountain on Tatsu.

I don't think that turn can be topped, specially when riding at night, man, I rode 5 times in a row and every time I felt like I was going to simply fly off the train into the guests below.

If only Six Flags could learn to use theming. I'm sooo sick of Batman this, Superman that.

To each his/her own, but I'd take Scream at SFMM over a Disney coaster any day. Hell, they could name a coaster Pooperscooper: The Ride, and I wouldn't care less as long as it's a good ride.

Ugh, I was more referring to Busch/Universal parks, Alton Towers, Thorpe Park; well, basically Theme Parks as as apposed to Amusement Parks.

I'll take Kraken (yes, I don't have the credit, btw) over Scream/Dominator. Montu over Batman: The Ride. Big Bad Wolf over Top Gun. Expedition Everest over any other Vekoma. Theming just adds more depth. Sure, I'll take Parking Lot: The Ride over Space Mountain, etc. But why settle for that? If a park is going to spend millions on an amazing coaster, why shouldn't they give it theming to match? It can only make it better.

I'll ask you this, which would you rather. Scream: The Parking Lot Coaster, or the same B&M coaster, but with theming as good as "Nemesis"...

I don't think that turn can be topped, specially when riding at night, man, I rode 5 times in a row and every time I felt like I was going to simply fly off the train into the guests below.

Believe it or not, that turn as well as the egg turn are my favorite parts of the ride. Don't get me wrong the pretzel loop is fun and all. Its just that after a while I am kind of like eh.

The downward drop after the flat spin on Manta seems like it should also have that outward force as well. I love that feeling

^ I agree. You got to admit, those trains actually turned out looking really good. Of course, just my opinion though.

Sign also looks great, this will be one of the most theme coaster I have seen. SeaWorld has done a great job with this ride.

You guys are nuts that think the trains are ugly.

They are beautiful! I think the decals/paint on the manta's are supposed to make it look like they are under water, which to me, looks exactly like they are under water with a glare from the top of the water.

I can't wait to get down there and ride this thing and check it all out in person.