Custom models of Sheikra, TTD, Insane and now Manta!

Pg 32 - Manta Complete. 30+ pictures. Thanks for following!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:36 am

1500 total popsicle sticks minus 180 still to be put in...

1320 popsicle sticks put in on a coaster that is a foot and a half wide and a foot tall?!?! This thing is looking as sexy as any intamin coaster!

Update tomorrow..er today!! Happy easter!!!

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:40 am

Nice, thats a lot of Popsicle sticks. Is the coaster in the background the hulk? I am pretty sure it is a B&M and it looks green.

Sir Haunts-a-lot

Postby Vffreak07 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:09 am

In the words of Brian Fellows,

That's Crazy!

Great work! Keep it up.

That random nerd

Postby Vekoma Fan Boy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:24 am

Insane is looking, well, insane!

the ghost wrote:Nice, thats a lot of Popsicle sticks. Is the coaster in the background the hulk? I am pretty sure it is a B&M and it looks green.

Its Riddler, since when does Hulk have a dive loop and an Incline loop? lol

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:23 am

Well, as promised, here is the completed track work of Insane at Grona lund! This ride has come out better than I imagined and I am very excited to start painting it and decorating it! In total, there is around 40 feet of solid copper, 75 feet of balsa wood (totaling 1500 sticks for the Intamin style track) and one month and four days to complete. Starting with some "blue prints" and now having it complete in 3D is the best feeling!

I will post updates continually as I get work done on the painting and the station. I will continue to clean the ride up right now before I submit it to the spray paint can which will put it all at a solid white color. I will then hand brush the supports to the appropriate color! Look for an update in the next couple of days! Thanks for reading!

Oh ya- The track will go through a reach envelope test tomorrow. Rumor has it that part of the track fails at the fire station. It hung out with a certain other new ride too long. It too was supposed to have a twisted loop but they decided it would be better if they just had the trains spin instead. Stupid ball coaster slash zacspin.
090415_010359.jpg
See that green dot though...I think that is a failed reach envelope.
090415_010428.jpg
090415_010456.jpg
090415_010511.jpg
090415_010537.jpg

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:31 am

Wow, that actually looks like Intamin track, complete with all details and everything. That is an awesomely elaborate model, keep it up. Also, I doubt this will happen, but are you ever planning on making a woodie by any chance? Anyway, like I said, AWESOME WORK!!

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby BelgianGuy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:27 am

MAN this is awesome, but a woodie would just be insane and take forever to build, well if you would still use Balsa wood you could just buy the 1m square sticks of 2mm thick, and just keep working on it, not just that but a woodie would cost a fortune, I made bridge in balsa wood for a school project once and it costed me like 100euros to get all the wood I needed

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:50 am

That looks amazing! I absolutely LOVE it.

I lawled at the HRRR reference as well.

**I'm totally gay for Nick Jonas.**

Postby KPWoCkAxX » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:58 am

I love that track, that freakin' rocks mate. Well done, Can't wait to see more!
Something Is Coming Soon... Stay Tuned.

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:18 pm

Hey guys, the coaster got its final paint job and is looking spectacular! At this time though I will put the coaster on hold so that I can concentrate on the looming finals I must take. I will also wait until some TR's are posted so I can see any last details I will have to put into the ride including the buildings, lift hill, brake run and station. Thanks for watching me do this, it has been a ton of fun building this model!

I present to you...TELE2 INSANE!!
090418_131105.jpg
090418_131116.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness