Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

Complete Media Day Coverage - Photos & Video - Page 1
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Calicoasters » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:29 pm

^ He specifically said 8 cars, 16 people. MF cars are only single row. But yeah, I totally hope he was wrong! Doesn't every other GCI with flyers have 12 cars?

5:00 minutes into it.

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:32 pm

^ Interesting...I don't recall hearing the "16 passenger" part---and I went to two different sessions. He did say "eight cars," but in a sort of unsure way.

But the standard Millennium Flyers are 12-car trains.

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

Doesn't know how to spell "Enthusiast."

Postby Six Flags Enthuseast » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:59 am

^I believe Terminator's station will be a little shorter due to the amount of space the overall coaster will take up. I've noticed that the brake sections are a little bit shorter than on standard Millenium Flyer coasters. Coasters are sometimes designed around their train type, and I can sort of see it in this on.....

X > X2

Postby X2coasterfreak » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:01 am

Ok I might be wrong on this, but I remember Tim saying that the trains will be different than the original Millennium Flyer trains. Was that just the front of the train he was talking about, and/or the passengers it can hold?
Credit Count: 417
340 Steel 77 Wood

Steel Vengeance/Skyrush/Intimidator305/Maverick/Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod/Outlaw Run/Phoenix/El Toro/Wildfire

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby rcroques » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:16 pm

Calicoasters wrote:I'm sure if the B&M trains were to blame for anything they wouldn't be on Colossus every October! I still can't get over that Tim said there would only be 8 cars (16 people) on Terminator! I'm hoping this doesn't drive the wait up too much!

I tend to think that the B&M trains were too heavy for Psyclone's meager and poorly built structure but they are probably not too heavy for Colossus' structure. It seems to me like that ride was built really tough and once they fix the roughness, I'd like to see them run one side backwards all year.

As people have said, Psyclone's downfall was poor construction (one of my crew members on that ride could shake the southern turnaround just by grabbing the wood and shaking), Northridge Earthquake and the trains that were way too heavy for the ride. If they could have fixed all that and bought PTC's for that ride... Psyclone could have been a great ride again.

Sincerely,
R.C.

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:00 pm

^ I've often wondered how well Psyclone's mirror-image twin, the Georgia Cyclone, is holding up these days. As far as I know, its construction is essentially the same as Psyclone's was, but it runs PTC trains and has since its debut in 1990.

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby rcroques » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:03 pm

EBL wrote:^ I've often wondered how well Psyclone's mirror-image twin, the Georgia Cyclone, is holding up these days. As far as I know, its construction is essentially the same as Psyclone's was, but it runs PTC trains and has since its debut in 1990.

Eric

I wonder that too, but unfortunately I haven't heard anything about the Georgia Cyclone.

I will say that Viper at SFGAm was a heck of a ride, but from what I remember, it wasn't built by Dinn - Summers and was an inhouse job by Six Flags. What a job they did, though, since Viper reminded me of Psyclone and made me wish that Psyclone was a clone of Viper's construction.

Sincerely,
R.C.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:54 pm

^^Georgia Cyclone was running well last summer, although it would have been much better if the trains had softer padding instead of the hard foam they currently have.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:33 am

April 12th Update!

From here you can see what looks like a nearly complete woodie!

Deja Vu and his new pal, Terminator!

White truck spotting!

Ooh, the bridge is getting close to completion...there's also a lot of black poles that have been installed.

White truck, new concrete, and black poles!

The backside of curves.

I like the bridge, but I can't help to think it's a bit narrow.

The nail smacking people are hard at work!

Today we heard a lot of nail smacking going on.

Looks like the lift hill is nearly complete.

Some dudes working up there on the super secret platform where the chain wheel thingy will go.

*smack* *smack* *smack*

Oooh! Nail smacking action CAUGHT ON FILM! You can see the guy on the left is MID SMACK!!!

There is track laid down everywhere!

C'mon guys! Finish that lift! I want to ride this thing!

This has to be the most dense GCI ever built!

As you can see...track is there!

Absolutely beautiful! Looking forward to May 21st!

I will end today's update with this picture. I don't know why, but I just found this very amusing... "Boys of Steel!" LOL!

--Robb

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Manny In England » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:38 am

Very nice looking coaster. By the way I'm pretty sure that's Doctor Manhattan on the last picture.
Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

"Deal with it f**filled with medicine and goo." - Robb addressing a technical complaint.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive