TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Custom models of Sheikra, TTD, Insane and now Manta!

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as promised, here is the completed track work of Insane at Grona lund! This ride has come out better than I imagined and I am very excited to start painting it and decorating it! In total, there is around 40 feet of solid copper, 75 feet of balsa wood (totaling 1500 sticks for the Intamin style track) and one month and four days to complete. Starting with some "blue prints" and now having it complete in 3D is the best feeling!

I will post updates continually as I get work done on the painting and the station. I will continue to clean the ride up right now before I submit it to the spray paint can which will put it all at a solid white color. I will then hand brush the supports to the appropriate color! Look for an update in the next couple of days! Thanks for reading!

Oh ya- The track will go through a reach envelope test tomorrow. Rumor has it that part of the track fails at the fire station. It hung out with a certain other new ride too long. It too was supposed to have a twisted loop but they decided it would be better if they just had the trains spin instead. Stupid ball coaster slash zacspin.

090415_010537.jpg.2052bc5259a77f9a1f5eabcdcbd1f662.jpg

090415_010511.jpg.db57e48e379853806528c1f03519f6de.jpg

090415_010456.jpg.a102739480699423e965969cddd9648c.jpg

090415_010428.jpg.49ea399617bfab761a8f8b6bfc19b54a.jpg

090415_010359.jpg.293026474e002089cbb3ec954c3cf4a4.jpg

See that green dot though...I think that is a failed reach envelope.

Wow, that actually looks like Intamin track, complete with all details and everything. That is an awesomely elaborate model, keep it up. Also, I doubt this will happen, but are you ever planning on making a woodie by any chance? Anyway, like I said, AWESOME WORK!!

MAN this is awesome, but a woodie would just be insane and take forever to build, well if you would still use Balsa wood you could just buy the 1m square sticks of 2mm thick, and just keep working on it, not just that but a woodie would cost a fortune, I made bridge in balsa wood for a school project once and it costed me like 100euros to get all the wood I needed

Hey guys, the coaster got its final paint job and is looking spectacular! At this time though I will put the coaster on hold so that I can concentrate on the looming finals I must take. I will also wait until some TR's are posted so I can see any last details I will have to put into the ride including the buildings, lift hill, brake run and station. Thanks for watching me do this, it has been a ton of fun building this model!

I present to you...TELE2 INSANE!!

090418_131116.jpg.1c21df63b45f6ff51e9a958828093690.jpg

090418_131105.jpg.b66c8b634bedf2a966f63ae55760f95a.jpg

^^^ and ^ Thanks for the luck on the finals, I feel pretty good about them which could either be a good thing that I know it all, or a bad thing in that I am not going to study as much as I should. Next week I will devote solely to Macroeconomics and Introduction to Business. Probably should throw some weather in there too haha.

To all you guys, thanks for you support working through this model. Words cannot express how excited I am at how this one turned out. By far my best model IMO, it just seems to be the most accurate and best built. Just give me time now, and I will build stations for this and TTD. Then, taking the advice on page 1 or 2 or something, will start work on another model. I am speaking with evergreen scale models about their styrene products as I type this. Should be fun! Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for being patient with me as I buckled down to bust out those finals, I am now done and will start building again! Still haven't seen many pictures of the station and surrounding buildings though, so I guess I might just be improvising from the parts I can see on the concept art. I will post an update as soon as I can, thanks again!

• 1 month later...

We will start with the first set of good news, since no one should start out on a bad note.

Good News 1: IT'S BACK! After finals from second semester and taking a class in may, I had no time to get Insane going. But now that summer is in full swing, expect more updates of Insane, Top Thrill and _______ .

But now, I have to announce some awful news that still upsets me a little. I wish it were not true, in fact when I first found out I double taked to make sure it was in fact true.

Bad News: I was applying for a promotion at Elitches and decided to bring in the model of Insane (since it is 2/2 so far) as reasoning. After the interview, which I hope gets me the job, I returned the model to my car and changed into work clothes to work. After getting back to my car at 10pm, I had found that my car window was forced down into the door and the model was smashed. I am not joking when I say this. It did not melt, hot glue melts at like 200 something degrees, and there is no way the damage that occured or the lowered window happened by an animal. So, unfortunately I have to reconstruct most of the supports, rebend the track and hope to Kraken (#1) that I can restore it to its original shape.

So in order to lighten the mood, I have one more piece of good news. Actually TWO!

Good News #2-3 I started building the station buildings and all the other decor pieces that come with my models! So far I am very pleased with how everything looks. And the other good news, thanks to mcjaco is, B&M styrene red aquatrax track has been spotted. Just playin, but I did receive some samples of styrene that will hopefully allow me to create my best model yet!

100_0148.JPG.dee2e88e362b84924183c946c8cab969.JPG

WRONG! After taking it out of the car, this is the damage done to it. Weak. Super weak.

100_0147.JPG.548033cb6e1ce3752e0c638417dbb2c8.JPG

This is what I got to see after getting off of work. Doesn't look too bad right?

That just makes me sick...it seriously makes you think "what is this world coming to?" I mean, really, how could anyone possibly receive any type of business from ruining something of someone else's that does not concern them whatsoever...I just don't understand it.

I'm glad you're going to keep working on it, though.

BTW, why did you take the model with you, anyway?

^Well, I brought it in then walked into the park to the interview, so a handful of coworkers did see the model, most of which also applied for the position. So it could have been for reasons like that. I am not sure, we are pulling video feed on the parking lot to see what really happened.

But, the reason I brought it in is because I was applying for a position that a first year ride op normally wouldn't get. So I figured if I bring this in, I would be able to show my passion for the industry and that though I lack experience at the park I make up for it in knowledge in travel, statistics etc. It also helps me stand out, cause that is always good. Do you agree?

^I do not know if that directly affected that job, but it was brought to my RA (resident adviser-the boss of the dorm floor) interview and my ride operator interview and I believe it helped in both. The IAAPA interview was a phone interview so it wouldn't really do much, but they did ask what I do on my free time of which I responded make coaster models.

Side note, I am scraping all the glue off of the supports so that I can recreate good connections and make them look good. I am making a mess!