Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???
 
Posts: 3647
Joined: 15 Apr 2006
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Age: 30

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:25 pm

nagro5 wrote:What I'm wondering is how they are going to redirect people while they set up.


I was wondering that also, but I guess it will just be like what Carnage said, and people will have to walk ALL the way around, which is a long ass walk.

Permanent Tourist
User avatar
 
Posts: 1928
Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Age: 49

Postby Electerik » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:32 pm

^ Well, not to excuse it or anything, but there's a train ride as well.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
 
Posts: 3647
Joined: 15 Apr 2006
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Age: 30

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:40 pm

Yeah that's true, didn't even cross my mind! :lolr:

Still though, sometimes you wait there a good 15-20 minutes before a train arrives, at least I have. By then they could be done and the path reopened.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.
 
Posts: 926
Joined: 07 Nov 2005
Location: Plain Town, USA
Gender: Male

Postby haux » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:41 pm

coolcalicoaster wrote:When I moved to Ohio from California I was so excited to be near CP. I have to admit I think it is the best park for my tastes. However, some people complain no matter what is added or not added :?r
I don't know one single person that goes to Cedar Point to sit on a bench at night to enjoy the quiet. I am also wondering why half of CP fans complain about lack of certain new attractions and the other half complain when anything new is built?
Just imagine if their were no CP. Now that would be something to complain about.
Plenty of passholders I know (myself included) would go to CP, get a few rides in and then just relax the rest of the day. I could have a great day if I didn't ride anything.
I am out of ideas for what to write in this signature box.

I wrote the book about donkeys!
 
Posts: 407
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Gender: None specified

Postby coolcalicoaster » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:36 am

haux wrote:
coolcalicoaster wrote:When I moved to Ohio from California I was so excited to be near CP. I have to admit I think it is the best park for my tastes. However, some people complain no matter what is added or not added :?r
I don't know one single person that goes to Cedar Point to sit on a bench at night to enjoy the quiet. I am also wondering why half of CP fans complain about lack of certain new attractions and the other half complain when anything new is built?
Just imagine if their were no CP. Now that would be something to complain about.
Plenty of passholders I know (myself included) would go to CP, get a few rides in and then just relax the rest of the day. I could have a great day if I didn't ride anything.


You are definitely in the minority. Most people don't travel all the way to Sandusky for that same reason. People usually go to their local park(not a theme park) for relaxation.
CP and other major parks like SFGADV and MM, would not attract guest from all over the world with the advertisement of rest and relaxation. They are attracted by the major thrill rides. I'm sorry but that is the nature of this business.

Permanent Tourist
User avatar
 
Posts: 1928
Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Age: 49

Postby Electerik » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:46 pm

coolcalicoaster wrote:CP and other major parks like SFGADV and MM, would not attract guest from all over the world with the advertisement of rest and relaxation.


Ah, but CP used to do just that. Though they themselves tend not to remind anyone of it, Cedar Point has been around for a long, long time. And their business was once all about pleasant views and cool breezes.

They are attracted by the major thrill rides. I'm sorry but that is the nature of this business.


The parks you mentioned may represent the extreme "thrill rides only" side of the business, but that's certainly not the only way to go. The Disney and Universal parks do quite well bucking your idea of "the nature of the business." And they, unlike the parks you mentioned, actually do attract guests from all over the world.

/CP is mediocre, SFMM needs paved.

I wrote the book about donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 424
Joined: 11 Jul 2005
Location: Kentucky
Gender: Male
Age: 43

Postby scruffy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:12 pm

If Cedar Point has two trains running during the night the line will not be that long.

I wonder if the Haunt path will be better this year. :devil:

I Love Donkeys!
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 01 Jun 2007
Location: Columbus, OH
Gender: Male
Age: 53

Postby Qixote » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:36 pm

Sigh. I remember when the frontier trail really looked like a trail to the frontier (at risk of showing my real age). Now it's not much more than a walkway with a few remaining trees, surrounded by roller coasters everywhere you look. Ah well, the price of progress at an amusement park.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!
User avatar
 
Posts: 704
Joined: 01 Sep 2005
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Gender: Male
Age: 46

Postby BrownStreak » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:28 pm

coolcalicoaster wrote:
haux wrote:
coolcalicoaster wrote:When I moved to Ohio from California I was so excited to be near CP. I have to admit I think it is the best park for my tastes. However, some people complain no matter what is added or not added :?r
I don't know one single person that goes to Cedar Point to sit on a bench at night to enjoy the quiet. I am also wondering why half of CP fans complain about lack of certain new attractions and the other half complain when anything new is built?
Just imagine if their were no CP. Now that would be something to complain about.
Plenty of passholders I know (myself included) would go to CP, get a few rides in and then just relax the rest of the day. I could have a great day if I didn't ride anything.


You are definitely in the minority. Most people don't travel all the way to Sandusky for that same reason. People usually go to their local park(not a theme park) for relaxation.
CP and other major parks like SFGADV and MM, would not attract guest from all over the world with the advertisement of rest and relaxation. They are attracted by the major thrill rides. I'm sorry but that is the nature of this business.


Actually they are not in the minority. I worked at the Marina Gate in admissions for over a month last summer and I was shocked how many of the people who rent the docks there have no desire to go on the rides or anything, but just want to go in, walk around, see a show, watch the nighttime shows, and ride the train- and they would have friends visit and they would do this together...

and ^ do you remember when there was no frontier trail and you had to either ride the train back or take the frontier lift?
Of the road, but still in a truck...By the way, that's my dog Millie (named after Millennium Force) over there to the left!

Yummy! I just ate donkey!
User avatar
 
Posts: 297
Joined: 16 Mar 2009
Location: Sandusky, Ohio
Gender: Male
Age: 33

Postby Tbcoasterfan » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:51 pm

I look forward to this and will probably see it the first night they have it. However I hope it's done well cause if it's just tacky lights on canopys I think this will be a major fail. I did like the laser night show they do in the Iron Dragon/ Wildcat midway and when I worked as a ride op on Raptor in '04 I used to like listening to the music as I walked the track at the end of the night picking up cell phones, hats, and sun glasses :)

PreviousNext