Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby sros1fan » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:33 pm

There is some really awesome pics of it with some of the theming going up and even one of the trains sitting on the transfer track here

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:45 am

The theming actually looks pretty good IMO.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby CHILLERLC1 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:02 am

That's a great area for the frames. The giant rock formation looking thing surprised me.

Postby sros1fan » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:18 am

The work on the ride is going at a fast pace as they are trying to get it done in time for the scheduled opening. With the weather up here in the north east they have their work cut out for them. They still have alot of theming to put up and alot of painting to get done. Here is a few more pics from yesterday.

pianting the fire cannons

putting up more theming

all the theming is on site

You can follow the construction of the #1 steel coaster at sfneonline.com

Postby sros1fan » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:02 pm

There was another update posted with lots more done on the ride here

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:58 pm

I was just notified by SF that I got tickets to the media event on the 21st (my entry at bizarroishere.com was posted). Anyone else here going?
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Satchboogie3 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:42 pm

Is the media event open to public, or just media? (Probably a stupid question). I'd love to be there as soon as Bizarro opens.
Coaster Count: 219
Favorite Steel- Superman: Ride Of Steel (SFNE) .... errrr Bizarro
Favorite Wooden- El toro

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:15 pm

The park is closed that day. As far as I know, unless you're invited, you cannot get in. Typically, those invited include the media, owners of significant coaster fan websites, members local coaster clubs, etc. Each park and each event is different. In this case, they are reaching out to the fan community by giving invites to the first 500 people at SFNE and SFGAdv (so 1000 total) to submit an accepted entry at http://bizarroishere.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

Postby sros1fan » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:55 pm

^^Yes the park is closed as it is thursday May21st, ACE will be invited also to the event. You can see the latest pics taken yesterday as lots more work is done.

Postby sros1fan » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:10 am

It looks like they will be testing the new train soon!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!