Custom models of Sheikra, TTD, Insane and now Manta!

Pg 32 - Manta Complete. 30+ pictures. Thanks for following!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:15 am

Awesome work! I can't wait to see more.

PS: Are you gonna keep the track the way it is or are you gonna add the two extra ties like the real one?

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:20 am

^I will add the two extra rails when I finish the bottom two. I have one midterm this week on Wednesday, so I would not expect pictures until wednesday night or thursday.

Postby netdvn » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:19 pm

Alright! I can't wait to see the finished results...

And good luck on your midterm. I had to take mine (for an online course) today.

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:55 pm

Thanks for the patients everyone, I got through my business midterm and killed it! Cool thing is, most of my remaining classes got canceled so I will be able to spend tomorrow busting the rest of the cross ties done and then finally start on making all the little squares! Thanks again for waiting, this is going to be sweet!

Here is my "study guide" for midterms, paid off real well! Who needs to balance balance sheets and make profit and loss statements when you want to own a theme park in the future haha? Certainly not I! The track is going 3D, as I have started making the squares. Each piece is hand cut and placed, because they are all kind of different. Hope you like it so far, I'll get one more update tomorrow (Don't hold me to it), before I go on spring break to LA! Thanks for checking out!
214814.jpg
I tried not to think of the curtains.
214857.jpg
See how excited I am over mini Intamin goodness!

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:22 pm

That looks awesome! Nice work!

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:40 pm

Sorry for not having a new post in such a long time, I was enjoying the beautiful socal sun rays and having a blast at those parks down there! I am in the process of building the two models right now and am excited to share them both with you.

Insane
This is my best work thus far on model roller coaster building and I am very excited to get back to working on this marvelous coaster. I have a midterm in macro this thursday and then after that I plan on working YOLOcoaster on this ride until it is done! I have a request though and that is if anyone has some nice, detailed drawings of what the surrounding buildings will look like, please notify me! You can't have a coaster without a station! Thanks and look for an update later this week.

Top Thrill Dragster
Having not touched this ride in a very long while, it was nice to get back to working on this weekend after I got back from the trip. I am excited with how it is turning out though I do not think it is my best model to date. It fails in multiple places like the length of the run in/outs, the spiral is not heartlined and the track is not very smooth. Regardless, I am hoping that you enjoy the general concept of the ride as much as I have. The supports are pretty accurate and the track is fairly true to the real ride. I painted the main tower this weekend many shades of yellow before I got the right one, and though it appears to be different in the pictures, I assure you it is pretty close to the real deal. This upcoming weekend I hope to finish painting the supports including repainting some white as well as painting some track white. Enjoy![/u]
090329_141310.jpg
Nice overview.
090329_141319.jpg
Going down!
090329_141355.jpg
The track is fairly pumpy. =[
090329_141504.jpg
It is not as crooked as it may appear.
090329_141950.jpg
The supports are pretty legit!

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:30 am

I'd love to here some feedback about TTD since that one is the one that I am really just guessing on, SheiKra and Insane have had a lot more time put into them. Oh well, I enjoy sharing these pictures with everyone even if no one talks.

Insane went on a field trip to the human resources department and elitch gardens and got me a job and now it is getting its lovely third and fourth rails! Take a look. I had to stop with the sticks because I ran out, this project took a lot more wood than I originally thought it needed. I am getting pretty stoked with how this is turning out.

Edit: who can name the coaster that is my screen saver?
090408_010210.jpg
090408_010238.jpg

Postby netdvn » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:40 am

Both models look excellent! It looks like you've spent lots of time/effort in creating the rides.

I can't wait to see the finished Insane model.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:05 am

The Insane model looks quite amazing...definitely your best yet!

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby linearinduction » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:49 am

Amazing Dude! Keep Up the Great Work!

- Sid

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness