TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Wow...they are building Valleyfair's old Skryscraper. That gets me mad. They could of at least tried and built somthing more modern and unique, seriously these Skyscraper things are out of date now.

Good Going Cedar Fair.

I've never ridden one, so I'm actually pretty excited to do so.

Wow...they are building Valleyfair's old Skryscraper. That gets me mad. They could of at least tried and built somthing more modern and unique, seriously these Skyscraper things are out of date now.

Good Going Cedar Fair.

While I don't think they're outdated, they are a few other things... such as really REALLY freaking scary. While I've never been on one, this and slingshots are two of the rides that really scare me. I will need to see it in action to see if I will ride it.

Also, anyone else that HAS been on one, how dizzying is the experience? Just curious if it's going to make me sick or not .

Good Going Cedar Fair.

I mean don't get me wrong they are thrilling, but they are not worth the upcharge price.

^But on the flip side, since they only seat 4 passengers, they really don't make much sense being anything BUT an upcharge.

I've actually never done any of the Challenge Park stuff other than the mini golf courses, I might give this and the go-karts a shot this year...skycoasters still intimidate me though.

It look's like i should have rode this while it was at VF. They had a wicked good deal. It was something like 7 bucks a person if two people rode. I guess that should have been a sign that the thing wasn't doing well and would be moved.

Good Going Cedar Fair.

I mean don't get me wrong they are thrilling, but they are not worth the upcharge price.

Oh yeah, I completely agree, but Cedar Point has a deal in May where you pay one price for a package and you get a room (2 nights), 2 starlight tickets, 2 full day tickets, 4 Challenge Park tickets good for anything in Challenge Park, coupons for later in the season, and much money. My mom and I have been doing this for the past 5 years or so and I think maybe one or two years we used all of the Challenge Park tickets because it's always too cold/rainy to mini golf, and I'm not a fan of the go-carts as there's always obnoxious kids who race that try and ram into you, or it's raining. So I'm just happy that there's something I can actually use the tickets on this year so they don't keep going to waste.

It is a pain to walk all the way back there if you want to ride it, but I guess they think it is best to place all pay per ride attractions together.

Its location might also be related to trying to get people to go to both Soak City and Cedar Point since it is essentially in between.

• 6 months later...

What is the point of the water being sprayed on the "Trax" again? Such a Tease!

'Really? You might as well tern it off, I'm not getting wet!' (Do you at-least get a fine mist?)

This whole Maverick/Aquatrax theory makes since when you think about how the trains would have complimented the "riding a horse" theme (read: logo).

Hay, who knows, maybe some day they will use Aqua trains.

• 7 months later...

Wow! I'm pretty excited to see this... I posted an idea for something like this in my Knott's TR from last year... thinking they could put this in Ghost Town, so that there will be something nice to look at even when they eventually build coasters OVER Ghost Town

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Cedar-Point-971739.html

Apr 07, 2009 11:05 ET

Starlight Experience to Brighten Cedar Point's Frontier Trail

Cedar Point

Starlight Experience

SANDUSKY, OH--(Marketwire - April 7, 2009) - Cedar Point's Frontier Trail will be filled with light and music when the Sandusky, Ohio, amusement park/resort will introduce the Starlight Experience, a brand new themed lighted walkway, for this summer.

Each night, the Frontier Trail will be transformed into a brilliant canopy of lights and colors that will be themed to the changing of the seasons. Similar to the climate in the Midwest, each display will gently segue into a different season.

Accompanied with music, the Starlight Experience will use a diverse mixture of colored lights and displays to decorate and highlight the buildings, trees and structures along the wooded walkway. It will extend from the bridge across from the Snake River Falls water ride to the tunnel beneath Millennium Force.

Besides the seasonal scenes, the Starlight Experience will also use several themed floats that will depict each season. For younger guests, Snoopy and his favorite friends will also be included in the show. Larger-than-life replicas of the PEANUTS characters will be displayed at different locations along the trail.

Using more than one million highly efficient LED lights, the Starlight Experience will be presented every night the park closes at 10 p.m. or later, Saturday, May 23 (Memorial Day weekend) through Sunday, Sept. 6. The new family attraction will cost approximately $1 million to design and install.

"The Starlight Experience will be a very popular addition to the park this summer," said Charles Bradshaw, corporate vice president of live entertainment for the Cedar Fair Entertainment Company. "These dramatic light displays will appeal to everyone in the family and will be a wonderful finale to our guests' day in the park."

Besides being visually stunning, the Starlight Experience will also be environmentally friendly. LED lights use a lot less energy and will last considerably longer than standard bulbs. Plus, LED lights reduce the emission of carbon dioxide and do not contain mercury.

The Starlight Experience is scheduled to begin daily at twilight and will be in operation until the Maverick and Millennium Force roller coasters close for the evening. (The Frontier Trail will close 30 minutes for show setup.)

To add even more value during a stay at Cedar Point, registered guests at any of the park's resort properties will be able to purchase Starlight admission tickets for $14.99, a savings of $15 per ticket. Starlight admission begins at 5 p.m. daily or 4 p.m. when the park closes at 8 p.m. or earlier.

In addition to the Starlight Experience, Cedar Point will add two new offerings to its live entertainment lineup for this summer. "Got Country!," a rowdy rendition of country favorites, will take the stage in the Red Garter Saloon on the Frontier Trail, while in Frontiertown, the Palace Theatre will present "Live Music at the Palace," a new venue featuring piano music.

Three new shows from last year will also be back for an encore performance. "Signed, Sealed, Delivered," a '50s and '60s revue, will return to the Centennial Theatre, while "Snoopy's Big Bow-Wow" that features the lovable beagle and his friends in an ice-skating extravaganza takes to the ice in the Good Time Theatre and "All Wheels Extreme," the high-energy stunt show with rollerbladers, bikers, skateboarders, gymnasts and dancers, will defy gravity for a second season in the Extreme Sports Stadium along the Cedar Point Beach.

Cedar Point will open for its 140th season on Saturday, May 16 and will be open every day through Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 7. The park will reopen on Sunday, Sept 13 and will host its 13th annual HalloWeekends fall family screamfest on Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays, Sept. 18 through Nov. 1, 2009.

For more information, please visit Cedar Point's web site at www.cedarpoint.com or call the park directly at 419.627.2350.

Media Contact:

Robin Innes

Director of Public Relations

Email Contact

Eh. I don't know how I feel about this. It's neat that they're changing it at night, but Frontier Trail is one of the most peaceful places in the park at night. I could sit on a bench or stand underneath MF's turn and just take in the atmosphere and relax. How will that be with all these lights and floats now?

But I'll wait to judge when I see it.

^ the same things were said when MF was built, and again with Maverick... but it's still pretty peaceful back there... Music and lighting, if done well, will only add to the atmosphere.

Of course, Cedar Fair COULD very well go overboard and screw this up, but only time will tell.

-James Dillaman