Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

P. 300: Former park land sold for $3.5 million
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Robgraves » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:17 am

Wes wrote:
Meteornotes wrote:^Yes, but the article didn't report about the company's connections to the Illuminati and their orbital mind-control lasers. Again, a tin foil hat is going to be your only protection in this war for truth.

Seriously, I think I've seen higher journalism standards in the Weekly World News when they used to report on Bat Boy...

dt

What would Hard Rock Park be like....ON THE MOON??!?!

it depends Wes.... can they prtect it from were-dragons and all the other otherkin on the moon?

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:36 am

^^I heard Sam Cassell is looking to sign a deal to play for a team owned by the Yakuza!!!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:09 pm

Well, I'm hoping the new owners saw our recent photoshop contest as it sounds as though the park may not be keeping the "Hard Rock" name for the 2009 season:

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/804201.html

The park opened in April and closed and filed for bankruptcy in September. It was bought by new owners, FPI MB Entertainment, in February. FPI's plan is to reopen the park by memorial day, but it's unclear whether the park will keep the Hard Rock name.

John Stine, director of sales and marketing for the park, said today that an announcement about the name should be made in the next few days.

"We're working on the name right now," he said. "Everything is on the table."

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby The Disneylander » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:35 pm

Just when the thread was getting interesting... ;)

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby CHILLERLC1 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:26 pm

I remember a Hard Wok Buffet near Palisades Mall in the Nyack, NY area.
I'm crossing my fingers for the Hard Rock name resuming.

I've quite eager day by day to hear about the name situation of the park because if I'm going to make a "Park name or bust" sign it might as well have that HRP name.

ADMIN EDIT - PLEASE DO NOT DOUBLE POST. USE THE POST "EDIT" FUNCTION IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD SOMETHING TO YOUR POST.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby dj snow » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:07 pm

An article in today's Charlotte Observer provides some more details about the plans for Hard Rock Park.

One thing that disappoints me is the apparent plan to do away with the current dark ride. I haven't been to the park, but that ride in particular always intrigued me, and I was hoping to make it out there this year to give it a try. Without that strange dark ride, their ride lineup seems quite run-of-the-mill to me.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:15 pm

dj snow wrote:Without that strange dark ride, their ride lineup seems quite run-of-the-mill to me.

Actually without Nights in White Satin the line-up is "sub-par", not even good enough to call run-of-the-mill.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:17 pm

I thought I just posted this, but maybe I got deleted for violating some rule or I didn't actually press submit...BUT, is knights going to be removed completely or just rethemed and opened as something new?

MOD EDIT: I accidentally deleted it. The delete button is right next to the Quote and Edit button for moderators.

But seriously, I don't think anyone is going to have an answer, it looks like this is a pretty recent development. You will probably have to wait for another article to be published to answer your question.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby monsterfan99 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:48 pm

larrygator wrote:
dj snow wrote:Without that strange dark ride, their ride lineup seems quite run-of-the-mill to me.

Actually without Nights in White Satin the line-up is "sub-par", not even good enough to call run-of-the-mill.

Agreed 100%. This will probably keep me from making the effort to go there opening weekend. Nights was a huge reason for my visit.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:14 am

So they talked about how there needs to be more to do, and they follow up on that statement by removing a ride? The dark ride might have been....strange....but what's the harm in leaving it open? The operating costs can't possibly be that high.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!