TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

I've been on a couple. They're not bad, but roughness is usually present, especially in Gwazi's case. ROAR! @ SFDK is ok, pretty smooth for a woodie. I'm not sure if I've been on any more GCI's, but I'd say they're just "Ok" if I average out what I've been on so far. Can't wait for Terminator, definitely the best looking GCI so far!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ PATIENCE!!!!!!!

March 15th Update!

Here is today's signature shot! While it doesn't look too much different that a couple of weeks ago, there are some notable changes going on.

For one the first drop looks complete and the turnaround from the lift hill is getting worked on.

And those are some VERY big popsicle sticks sitting down there ready to be installed!

Not much left in the staging area.

Yup...still all looks very familiar.

Mr. Small Crane is hanging out waiting for the crew to come back on Monday morning.

Looks like some work is about to be done on the bridge.

Hmmm...something looks different here...

From this angle the ride is getting much bigger now!

You can clearly see the top of the lift and the turnaround in place.

Not much different here.

Same.

OMG! EXTREME ANGLE!!!

For those of you slab enthusaists...here you go.

Remember that alien transmitter from a few updates ago? It's well hidden now so that MiB will never be able to find it!

Woah! I spot STEEL!

Somehow I have a feeling they won't be cycling trains for us next week at West Coast Bash!

Abrupt ending?

Random close up.

Another angle of the recent progress.

TRACK SPOTTING!

Some more different angles for you guys.

Yup, this ride is DENSE!

It looks so ready to open!

Terminator...THROUGH THE VU!

THROUGH THE TREES!

One more look at this week's progress.

It was a beautiful day for track spotting!

And yes, Deja Vu is back open! So thanks to that we were able to get all these cool angles of Terminator!

SEE! I told you it was open.

It looks very sexy. How's it going Great America fanboys?

Looks like the single rider line has been removed.

We haven't given you a shot of "Arrow Junction" in a while.

*Resist making comment* *Resist makeing comment!*

Helllo Lo-Q (and helllllo ladies!)

Prices and availability.

Yup $10 to add X2!

Just in case you were wondering....

The old Flash Pass/Stroller area has some new signage. If you're lost come here.

If you need a stroller or one of these electric karts, come here!

Kids! Watch out for that random attacking barbed wire monster!

Royal Caribbean was here. You could win a boat! (well for a few days at least!)

That's right. If you are a smoker you can light up as long as you're within these lines...that's right, stay within this small space...smoke within these three inches, right in here...that includes the chicklets, but not the erasers...

(Know what movie that's from? EMAIL DAN! mrt0ad13@aol.com)

Thanks Robb. And sorry, its just, with this coaster, I have NO patience I'd just as soon grab a hammer and pull a bunch of all nighters to get this ride done sooner, but I'd probably be sued for something and potentially break the ride before its even done. Something I dont plan on letting happen or doing.

Thanks Robb. And sorry, its just, with this coaster, I have NO patience I'd just as soon grab a hammer and pull a bunch of all nighters to get this ride done sooner, but I'd probably be sued for something and potentially break the ride before its even done. Something I dont plan on letting happen or doing.

Mental note - if this guy shows up to WCB...NO TERMINATOR TOUR FOR HIM!

Terminator is really coming a long great. It looks awesome I cant wait to see it up close at West Coast Bash next week.I rode the Giant Dipper at Belmont Park today six times and got a major headache. Terminator will be the best woodie ever way smoother than any other one. I saw somewhere (can't remember where) that Terminator is delayed and now opening in June. Oh well see you guys next week!

Andrew ( Yeah Deja Vu is open for West Coast Bash ) Kaminsky

Last weekend the crane was over by those lift assemblies. When I was up in the tower I saw maybe ten workers standing all the way around them like they were minutes from lifting one in place. I was so sure that I actually considered staying up there to catch it on video. If I had of waited I probably would be really hungry by now.

^ Not necessarily. Johnny Rocket's is your friend!

I'm glad to see that the steel strips are starting to appear. That just means the ride is even closer to being finished. And remember that there'll need to be some time for testing before Terminator opens, so it'll actually be done sometime next month, I'm estimating.

Eric

The canal certainly has possibilities as a theming element. Maybe during the tour at WCB they'll drop a few hints? Or maybe not. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. The ride itself is looking great. Seeing how they eventually tie-in the theme will be interesting, as has already been discussed ad nauseum.

I finally got to see Termy today in person. Let me tell you, Terminator may have sounded small in the stat sheet, but this ride is LARGE and not short at all. "Dead Man's Curve" stands side by side with Deja Vu's butterfly loop, holding its own quite nicely. It's looking great too, though there's still quite a bit of construction left to do. You folks coming to West Coast Bash will not be disappointed with what you see!