Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 124: Carnevale at Maria & Enzo's Ristorante details!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby davidmorton » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:49 am

TPR seems to have let the passing slip by without comment ;-)

So heres a report I stumbled across;

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/featur ... sland.html

I Love Donkeys!

New balloon for Downtown Disney

Postby Ultracoasters » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:20 am

The french company "Aerophile" has send e-mail to announce construction of a new balloon like Panoramagique (Disney Village @ Paris) for the WDW.

- 30 persons, 6 minutes, 100m (328ft)
- Built on the Downtown lake
- Day or by night
- The third for USA (Great Park, Irvine, CA / Wild Animal Park , San Diego, CA)

English video of the AERO30NG in the website.

Disney Village

Great Park

Wild Animal Park

French annoncement (Zygo from centralpark)

Nous somme fiers de vous annoncer pour le printemps prochain l'arrivée d'un nouveau grand ballon captif AERO30NG à WALT DISNEY WORLD® RESORT, plus grand parc d'attraction du monde.

Ainsi à partir du printemps prochain, Downtown Disney ® sur le Lac Buena Vista, en Floride aura sa propre attraction majeure, sous la forme ,d'un ballon géant captif qui élevera ses passagers à 100 mètres d'altitude pour découvrir l'ensemble du Walt Disney World® Resort.

Le ballon donnera la chance unique jusqu'à 30 passagers de décoller de Downtown Disney ® pour un voyage de six minutes, de jour comme de nuit pour une vue inégalée à 360 degrés à 20 kilomètres à la ronde

Le ballon est le dernier né des AERO30NG, avec un volume de 6 000 mètres cubes, 23 mètres de diamètre, 72 mètres de circonférence pour 34 mètres de hauteur. Bénéficiant de l'amarrage 8 points, il sera situé sur une plateforme spécialement conçu pour le lac de Downtown Disney ®.

Avec notre opération dans le Disney Village de Disneyland Paris depuis avril 2005 et deux systèmes actuellement en opération en Californie (au Great Park à Irvine et au Wild Animal Park à San Diego), ce sera notre 2ème opération avec Disney et 3ème aux Etats-Unis.

Nous vous rappelons que nous serons à l'expo IAAPA à Orlando, en Floride du 18 au 21 novembre et serions ravi de vous y retrouver (Stand N°3033).

L'équipe AEROPHILE

I Love Bunnies

Postby Teacups Make Me Sick » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:33 am

^Que?

The classic!

Postby dr.gumbo » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:00 am

Looks quite impressive, but I'm assuming there will be an extra charge at that capacity.

No longer TPR's Rock Band expert!

Postby thrillgeek » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:51 am

Hmm....never seen one of these before. I agree the charge for this might be expensive. Especially for a 6 minute ride. Should be a cool addition though.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:32 am

There is an extra charge and it also doesn't run in even the slightest inclement weather. I've never been too tempted to do the ones we've seen at Disney Paris or at Ocean Park Hong Kong.

I'm sure it will be a big hit though.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:49 pm

They used to have one of these at Niagara Falls, USA. I noticed that it was gone this year. Perhaps this could be the same one?

I am glad that I did ride it last year before they took it out. It was a cool experience, but being at Niagara Falls, the location was not the greatest as you could not really see the Falls.

You could see Buffalo and Skyscreamer good though!! :|
[07] Balloon.jpg

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:10 pm

I wanted to ride the one in Paris but it was closed the three days I was there due to weather and the weather wasn't that bad.

Denny Crane!

Postby USCoaster » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:56 pm

They had one in Parc Citreon in Paris when I was there in 2001. I considered going on it, but it was fairly windy and when they sent it up with one person on it, it was moving back an forth a lot. If I wasn't a scared of heights as I am, it probably would have been a very entertaining ride.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:26 pm

I know this seems like quite a bump, but I figured after my visit this weekend, that with very little coverage of the current state of Downtown Disney (specifically Pleasure Island), it would be appropriate to post the latest photos of whats going on in the dead location. I don't typically do this, but I feel that the photos and status update warrented the post.

It is certainly sad to see this area sit unused, considering that Disney doesn't have anything to fill the old clubs with (except for E-Brands Paradiso 37 restaurant). Now all guests have to see is the remains of a once lively area, now reduced to silence.
IMGP1244.JPG
Am I the only one that finds this poster to be released a little late in the game?
IMGP1246.JPG
Just recently announced, Virgin Megastore will be closing on May 31st, 2009.
IMGP1248.JPG
The former Downtown Disney West Side Guest Relations desk will soon become the ticket location for Characters in Flight (Operated by Aerophile), the resort's new tethered balloon ride.
IMGP1252.JPG
Disney's latest tethered balloon experience will be known as Characters in Flight.
IMGP1255.JPG
Characters in Flight's platform is nearly complete.
IMGP1259.JPG
Much like the other clubs, the former BET Soundstage Club sits dormant. I'm not sure why the old sign remains sans the BET name, considering they could have just removed the entire sign.
IMGP1263.JPG
The Soundstage Club is much like Sounds Dangerous! (at Disney's Hollywood Studios) right now--they're both dead.
IMGP1266.JPG
The interior remains virtually untouched; lined with chairs but missing the people to fill them.
IMGP1267.JPG
Again, the signage for the former club announces its purpose, but certainly doesn't let people know that it is closed.
IMGP1268.JPG
I was never able to visit the Adventurer's Club but I know many people who claimed it was an amazing experience...
IMGP1274.JPG
One of the old ticket booths is blocked by a wall and some colored covers.
IMGP1275.JPG
E-Brands Paradiso 37 is beginning to take shape...
IMGP1276.JPG
The old brown paint scheme is being replaced with a new white shell.
IMGP1278.JPG
At least 8Traxx is missing its name so guests don't assume it is still a working club.
IMGP1279.JPG
A rather visible door announces that Mannequins still exists in some form (the main entrance does so as well).
IMGP1280.JPG
Paradiso 37's entrance is currently under construction.
IMGP1281.JPG
To help bring life into the dead area, P.I. Live was quietly re-instated with more family-friendly music selections to be played in the evenings at the Island.
IMGP1282.JPG
The Rock and Roll Beach Club has been closed longer than any of the other clubs and yet, its sign still remains for all to see.
IMGP1283.JPG
Pleasure Island featured canonical plaques explaining the history of each building (based on their original tennants) in the scheme of the Pleasure Island mythology. The Beach Club's plaque is no longer accessible thanks to a chain blocking off the stairs.
IMGP1288.JPG
Though Motion's exterior has lost its signage, the interior of the former club remains active as a venue for rent.
IMGP1289.JPG
From what my friend remembered, not much had changed in this club since its closure.
IMGP1291.JPG
Even the Motion projections were operating!
IMGP1292.JPG
One of the last pieces of the original Pleasure Island scenery watches over people as they inspect the dead area.
IMGP1296.JPG
This sign is still visible from the entrance of the Rock and Roll Beach Club.
IMGP1302.JPG
Another remnant of Pleasure Island's past.
IMGP1303.JPG
Mannequins' marquee has been covered up...
IMGP1304.JPG
A little mythology for thought...
IMGP1305.JPG
The entrance to this tiny overhang is blocked by a chain; as is the elevator.
IMGP1306.JPG
The former map panel for Pleasure Island has been adorned with generic resort dressings.
IMGP1307.JPG
Portabello has received a complete makeover inside and out.
IMGP1312.JPG
The old ticket booths go unused as well.
IMGP1314.JPG
I really liked this photo for some reason.
IMGP1316.JPG
The Pleasure Island history introduction plaque at the main entrance.
IMGP1317.JPG
I doubt that some of these rules are a worry anymore.
IMGP1318.JPG
A mix of old and new.
IMGP1319.JPG
Another intro plaque for Pleasure Island's canon.
IMGP1321.JPG
This entrance to 8Traxx has been blocked off as well.
IMGP1323.JPG
Would like some Adventurer's Club popcorn? Neither would I.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!