Photo TR: Divv's European Adventure

A look back at TPR's Europe Trip. Final Disney updates: Pg20
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:37 pm

One Bird - Temple of the Nighthawk (not Nighthawks)
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Jolly jolly jolly jolly jolly

Postby Louise » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:40 am

But... but... Yeah, but... You see it three times and it looks different every time and it's always duplicated like a visual echo!!!! Waaahhhh. :(

THE BOY

Postby Ed » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:17 am

How many jabs at Steve can you fit into an update? :P

Haha! Grrr well miss that park.

Controlled by a sentient spreadsheet...

Postby Divv3k » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:28 am

^ Just wait til I get to the nightclub at Disney Village! :P

THE BOY

Postby Ed » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:42 am

Does eveeryone dance/kill themself to it's a small world?

Postby Divv3k » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:36 am

^ Yeah, but Steve more so than everyone else!

---

DAY 9 - Part 1:
TRIPSDRILL

Our next park on the menu was Tripsdrill. This was a place I'd been looking forward to seeing as it looked like it might be another of those quirky, unique European parks. I was right. A really cool place. The only disappointment in the park was Mammut, the new woodie. It wasn't bad really, it was just that it really wasn't that good. When you see how good the latest GCIs and Intamins are this one really makes you scratch your head thinking what were they trying to achieve with this? Hopefully it'll at least hold up alright, but I worry as I found it a bit shuffly already.

The other disappointment for me this day was that I managed to lose my mobile phone somehow, which wasn't a huge deal as I was able to replace it easily once I got back but I was a little annoyed with myself which dampened my spirits a little this morning. To be fair to Tripsdrill they were very helpful when I got in touch with them and even emailed me to tell me that they'd looked for my phone and couldn't find it. It probably happened during the awesome ERT on G'sengte Sau, made all the more entertaining (and frightening) by Robb playing ride op! I really loved that thing and its made me even more determined to get over and try that one in Klotten!

The rest of the time was spent enjoying Tripsdrill's quirky rides and awesome food!

Here's some photos...
SS856853 copy.jpg
Park number seventeen of the trip - Tripsdrill!
SS856855 copy.jpg
Yet again a TPR trip day starts out with some awesome ERT!
SS856857 copy.jpg
Brad loves going down into the bushes.
SS856858 copy.jpg
Bill's loving G'sengte Sau!
SS856859 copy.jpg
I really love these Gerstlauer bobsleds. I must go hunt down some more. Especially since there's one right here in the UK I really should get on that!
SS856860 copy.jpg
Some places you look in Tripsdrill you wouldn't even know you're in a park! The setting really is second to none.
SS856861 copy.jpg
And then some places you look it's a bit more like a construction site. But at least the coaster is open!
SS856865 copy.jpg
The coaster at least scored some points with me for having a cool logo!
SS856868 copy.jpg
Sadly, it didn't score many more Divv points after that!
SS856869 copy.jpg
It really just didn't do much. Especially compared to some of the stuff we'd already ridden like Troy and Colossos.
SS856870 copy.jpg
But still, I'm glad I got to check it out and hopefully it's addition will help Tripsdrill grow further.
SS856871 copy.jpg
Elz looked like he had a good time at least!
SS856866 copy.jpg
Rounding out the coaster collection is this Zierer kiddie which offered plenty of opportunities to get your hands on the plant life.
SS856863 copy.jpg
Half the group was so used to not being able to walk straight by this point of the trip they didn't even realise that the bridge was wobbling.
SS856873 copy.jpg
I really was a bit lame not riding this because it spun!
SS856881 copy.jpg
I love that Tripsdrill's rapids are themed to laundry!
SS856882 copy.jpg
And they're made even better by the water cannons by the side ready to soak fellow TPR participants!
SS856883 copy.jpg
The log flume here was awesome. Not only was it the birthplace of our "fat boat", it also had...
SS856885 copy.jpg
BOOBS!!! Can't beat these European parks!
SS856886 copy.jpg
TPR trips are always a great way of finding a lover!
SS856862 copy.jpg
Tripsdrill's a stunning park with some really cool things to ride too. Definitely a place to keep an eye on.

Next up is some steel amazingness!

Jolly jolly jolly jolly jolly

Postby Louise » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:26 am

<3 Tripsdrill <3

I wasn't stupid enough to walk across that bridge this time around after nearly dying in '07!

Those stupid Adam & Eve statues got me this time around though!

Mammut was okay, like you say Divv, but no, definitely nothing special, and was probably one of the few disappointments on the trip. I didn't have huge expectations of it but was expecting it to be better than it wound up being. It's a nice family woodie though, good starter coaster for the young families at the park.

Donald Duck...

Postby SteveC » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:26 am

wasn't Mammut themed more like we all hope Saw the Ride will be? (blades and stuff)

TWO PINTS ONLY

Postby coaster_dude2002 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:14 pm

Another great update Divv! Tripsdrill looks like a great park full of quirky attractions, and is certainly on my list to visit at some point.
Shame the park ate your mobile at some point, you always seem to lose/break something on these trips like your camera.

Cant wait for the next update to be posted!

Postby Divv3k » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:28 pm

Thanks! Well you won't have to wait long because Holiday Park is coming right up!

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive