Photo TR: Divv's European Adventure

A look back at TPR's Europe Trip. Final Disney updates: Pg20
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Controlled by a sentient spreadsheet...

Postby Divv3k » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:19 am

DAY 6:
HEIDE PARK

Our visit to Heide Park started with us arriving at our second resort hotel of the trip - the brand new Hotel Port Royal. This place was awesome! Not only was the hotel cool but they also treated us to a great buffet "snack" when we arrived! After our snack a few of us went down to the bar. Upon asking what time they closed we were told that they'd stay open as long as we were around. Needless to say we were kicked out in the early hours of the morning when it became apparent we wouldn't leave! LOL!

Onto the park itself. What a beautiful place. It really looks amazing and has a really good line up of rides. Case in point - Colossos. I was really looking forward to this since Balder and El Toro are my top two coasters. Whilst Colossos wasn't quite as good as those two it really delivered airtime filled ride after airtime filled ride.

Desert Race didn't seem quite as good as Rita for me but that could have just been the horrible rain that battered my face as I rode. It was still a fun ride and even the Vekomas weren't too bad.

All I think the park is lacking is a real kickass dark ride, if they get that it would be one of my favourite parks in the world. Still the park is amazing without it, with multiple versions of the same ride and green and white colour schemes on everything it scores major points with Divv.

Oh, I can't forget to add one of my favourite memories from the trip:

So there's five minutes til the bus leaves Heide Park and Steve and I are running back to the hotel after a fruitless search for a souvenir shop.

When we get to the hotel exit we find that there's this huge gate blocking our way which is locked. This is when Steve decides to start panicking and shaking the gates whilst shouting "HELP! HELP!". Some random German looked at him blankly then pointed out the buzzer right next to us. It was hilarious. I've never seen Steve look so panicked!

Here's some pics...
SS856641 copy.jpg
Our visit to Heide starts at the brand new Hotel Port Royal.
SS856642 copy.jpg
Fudgey would have LOVED this place!
SS856645 copy.jpg
The room we had looked amazing!
SS856646 copy.jpg
Look at the lights on the walls. Everything was themed!
SS856648 copy.jpg
Into the bar and Ben, being a guy who knows exactly what he wants ordered a Desperado. This is EXACTLY what you wanted, right Ben?
SS856649 copy.jpg
This is the group who closed out yet another bar on the trip!
SS856745 copy.jpg
After a few hours sleep we head out into Heide park.
SS856650 copy.jpg
Our morning starts out with some ERT on Desert Race, the Rita clone.
SS856651 copy.jpg
Riding in the rain HURTS! LOL!
SS856680 copy.jpg
This one threw me at first since it's not green and white!
SS856681 copy.jpg
It's fun ride but I find it strange that I much prefer Rita despite them both being the same layout.
SS856652 copy.jpg
Of course the big draw of the morning is the massive Intamin woodie!
SS856683 copy.jpg
What an awesome ride!
SS856685 copy.jpg
Seriously amazing (as I knew it would be)!
SS856656 copy.jpg
This was "just a Vekoma" and it wasn't that bad!
SS856657 copy.jpg
Maybe the other Vekoma death machines made this one seem better than it was but I was surprised!
SS856658 copy.jpg
Or maybe Arrow just had nothing to do with this one.
SS856663 copy.jpg
Heide had a fun Bobsled. Of course it sported the fantastic combination of green supports and white track.
SS856662 copy.jpg
What's that lurking behind the trees?
SS856725 copy.jpg
That's some more European death! Erik liked this one so much that he was stroking the custom gold wheels. (Seriously!)
SS856727 copy.jpg
It was just a Vekoma!
SS856666 copy.jpg
What a kickass drop tower this was! All parks should convert their spare observation towers into drop towers!
SS856670 copy.jpg
Everyone follow the bear's lead!
SS856673 copy.jpg
The new kiddie coaster was one of the longest lines of the day! Unsurprisingly there were a few TPR members in front of us!
SS856674 copy.jpg
Is it just me or is this Statue of Liberty a bit short and stumpy?
SS856675 copy.jpg
It's powered, it doesn't count, but it was still fun!
SS856686 copy.jpg
Still wanting to justify our two hour wait for the rapids in Walibi Belgium we elected to ride these ones too.
SS856687 copy.jpg
It was worth it for these issues we had with the line jumpers in the queue!
SS856690 copy.jpg
They got past us in the end but that didn't stop us antagonising them for a good long time!
SS856701 copy.jpg
Green and white rides collide!
SS856706 copy.jpg
It's tough to even tell which ride is which!
SS856714 copy.jpg
Hi Fudgey! Do you like orange ones?
SS856717 copy.jpg
Whilst I wouldn't ride any of them the colour scheme on the flat rides was definitely Divv approved! You wouldn't see a whole land of blue rides would you?
SS856722 copy.jpg
Hey look it's our line jumping friends! Lets wind them up some more!
SS856723 copy.jpg
Mission accomplished!
SS856728 copy.jpg
Schnitzel was lunch for the day. My first experience with it too. I have to say I really liked it!
SS856732 copy.jpg
We finished out the day with more Colossos.
SS856733 copy.jpg
The ride was even better in the afternoon!
SS856734 copy.jpg
Europe needs more Intamin wooden goodness.
SS856736 copy.jpg
Everyone enjoys an airtime filled ride.
SS856739 copy.jpg
We all approved of Colossos!
SS856744 copy.jpg
What an awesome day we had at Heide Park! Really it is one of the best parks in Europe.

Next up is quite an ill-fated night...

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:31 am

10 minutes later and I am still rolling about the "panicked Steve" bit! :lmao:

Thought "Laser Snake Horse" was real.

Postby Speeddeamon128 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:01 am

Awesome update! I thought Intamin rocket coasters didn't run in the rain?
2010 Coaster Laps: 342
-Behemoth/Ravine Flyer II Tour 2008, East Coast Tour 2008, West Coast Tour 2009

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:13 am

^Only in stupid America! :?r

We've ridden:

- Stealth
- Zaturn
- Kanonen
- Desert Race
- Speed Monster
- Rita
- Sky Car

All in various degrees of light rain, to heavy downpour.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:46 pm

^^^No one pointed out the red button to a panicked Larry. I think I was with Craig (StealthFan) or Ginzo and had to walk around the whole hotel when the gate was locked.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:53 pm

^I remember being a bit confused about how to get out of the park to the bus, too.

Heide was great--especially Colossos, Desert Race, and the bobsled (my favorite bobsled of trip, as I recall).

Donald Duck...

Postby SteveC » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:19 pm

thrillerman1 wrote:10 minutes later and I am still rolling about the "panicked Steve" bit! :lmao:

well excuse me for panicking - but hey.....I have form when it comes to the TPR bus, and it wasn't one I wanted to repeat. Trust me, Incredible Hulk style those metal gates were about to be de-hinged. It was in fairness a massive PANIC ATTACK, I was sweating it big time. Oh well, great memories (now I can look back and laugh of course).

Controlled by a sentient spreadsheet...

Postby Divv3k » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:57 pm

DAY 6 - Part 2:
DRAGON BAR!

This is a night I remember little of but have heard much about. Basically we'd been looking forward to the Dragon Bar at Phantasialand the whole trip and when we got there we felt we had to make the most of it. After countless beers we decided to try some kind of new drink. I seem to remember Lou suggesting a Zombie, and well, as soon as she mentioned it Steve had ordered up two for us! That's about the last thing I remember. Which is fine since nothing else of note happened anyway...

Here's some photos...
SS856746 copy.jpg
Steve and I are enjoying our Zombies! Looks like Jes has had enough already!
SS856747 copy.jpg
Lou's looking all innocent when it was really her that would have been responsible for any things that would have followed. Luckily no incidents followed.
SS856748 copy.jpg
I'd love to see Jes' corresponding photo from this!
SS856751 copy.jpg
Steve's finishing off his Zombie in the early hours of the morning. Looks like he's enjoying it!
SS856750 copy.jpg
What a great night we had! Well what I can remember of it at least!
SS856752 copy.jpg
Looking quite good at 3:35am! I'll be fine tomorrow!

Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:15 pm

Divv3k wrote:...Steve had ordered up two for us! That's about the last thing I remember. Which is fine since nothing else of note happened anyway...

Yeah. Right.

Luckily no incidents followed.

And you're somehow sticking to that story?!?!? :lmao:

Jolly jolly jolly jolly jolly

Postby Louise » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:26 pm

So who gets the privilege of telling the story of what happened to Divv later that evening? I think it should be Steve as he was the only one to witness the beginning of it... or else Erik, as he was the victim... Some of us escaped to bed immediately after those photos were taken and missed all the, erm... expulsion of fluids. :?r :lolr:

I would like to point out that I did not suggest they order Zombies. I believe my exact words were "do not under any circumstances order the Zombies". They did the exact opposite of what I told them, and it led to trouble. Listen to your sober friend, drunkards!

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive