TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Lawsuit won't see the courtroom. Be settled out of court and the amount will be private. Even though Disney probably has the proper signage and they might not have paid attention, Disney will probably settle out of court. AS for proper restraints....what kind of restraint is on TOT? Seat belt? Another thing is what was the health of the two before the ride?

If all they want is $15,000, this thing will be settled out of court. I'm kind of surprised a lawsuit was even filed. Usually you negotiate first and if you can't come to an agreement, then you sue. Disney has to know that fighting any lawsuit will cost more then $15,000. This doesn't seem like it is happening in the right order or there is more to it then the money.

Hear it from England (basically a more detailed version):

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1143457/British-teenager-sues-Disney-Tower-Of-Terror-ride-left-brain-damaged.html

"The pair, from Kibworth, Leicestershire, claim the theme park owner was negligent and failed to provide proper safety restraints."

Is it just me or am I right in saying that both of those arguments aren't even related to the incident.

"As for proper restraints....what kind of restraint is on TOT? Seat belt?" (spaceace12)

When I first rode WDW's Tower in 2002, most seats had only a lap bar (a few seats had a seatbelt instead). Since then, they've converted to seatbelts on all seats.

I'm not sure exactly what sort of restraint system and ride warnings these people think would have prevented what happened to them. Do we know if they had any pre-existing conditions?

Eric

People are so stupid. There are so many warnings on all of Disney attractions, ride operator explanation before almost every ride. Is it not a common rule of thumb: if you have a heart condition do not ride rides(such as drop rides) that may make it worse. If you were not aware you had heart issues-your lucky! you now know you have a heart condition and can try to find ways to make it worse. If you were sewing CF or something, it would make more sense, Disney cast members are like the best ride operators on Earth.

That was a lot longer of a rant than I expected.

I got a cold when I was at Disney World in 2007. Can I sue them and demand $5 to cover the medicine I bought at the hotel?

Of course. You should also try to get some cash for your pain and suffering. Oh, and don't forget to sue the park for neglecting to tell you it was a disease ridden area.

Something just came to mind. If I ever happen to die on this ride, as part of the settlement, will someone please negotiate on my behalf to work my image into the hallway portion of the story? I'd appreciate that.

Great idea, GREAT.

^Yup. Makes it kinda embarrassing how stupid some people can possibly be. It's a theme park. Unless the ride falls apart what are thinking. You can get this from the park website.

Guest Policies

* For safety, you should be in good health and free from high blood pressure, heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure.

* Expectant mothers should not ride.

An amusement park ride is not going to cause a 16-year old kid to have a heart attack or a stroke (let alone both) unless they have some kind of pre-existing condition. Period.

Oh, and the fact that this woman and her family waited over THREE YEARS to take any kind of action whatsoever just screams "Crap, we need some money, who can we sue for it?" The government seriously needs to enact some kind of statute of limitations on how long you can wait to file a lawsuit after something occurs, because this is flat-out laughable.

Shortly after one ride, Deacon's heart stopped and she had a brain hemorrhage.

The Deacons accuse Disney of negligence in the ride's design and operation. They say Disney failed to adequately warn of the risks or provide adequate safety restraints.

What the hell dose a heart attack and brain hemorrhage have to do with the ride design and operation?

"Disney failed to adequately warn of the risks " I agree, its not like they warn you in park maps, at the entrance of the queue line, and during the auto spiels.

What dose a heart attack and brain hemorrhage have to do with the safety restraints?

And this incident happened in 2005 and they are just now suing Disney? Must not have been THAT serious.