WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 180 - Star Wars: Behind The Wall Sneak Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Broadwayboy2007 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:00 am

hm...I think I'd rather judge than sing...but singing could have its perks

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby raptorcrew2002 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:18 am

CTU Agent wrote:Now if Disney had a drunk fest like HHN, then this could be pretty funny.

They do, just wrong park. Food and Wine @ Epcot. ;)
And you don't have to wait 15-20 + min for a beer!

Other then that I cannot think of anything to worse then attending this show in person. God help us all. I might have to find out how solid this one really is. Hopefully this is one of those fall though the cracks and never goes beyond development/concept.

RIP. Roy Scheider :( No more fish on a stick…

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby HHIslandGirl » Thu May 22, 2008 10:41 am

raptorcrew2002 wrote:
CTU Agent wrote:Now if Disney had a drunk fest like HHN, then this could be pretty funny.

They do, just wrong park. Food and Wine @ Epcot. ;)
And you don't have to wait 15-20 + min for a beer!

Other then that I cannot think of anything to worse then attending this show in person. God help us all. I might have to find out how solid this one really is. Hopefully this is one of those fall though the cracks and never goes beyond development/concept.

No chance of that...they promo'd this big time during last night's American Idol finale...

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Nemesis Inferno » Thu May 22, 2008 11:50 am

If people are taking such an attraction so seriously to be 'hurt' by the sayings of the 'judges' then they deserve to be shot down... :roll:

I remember Madame Tussauds had a small section for the UK version, and a mate of mine sang on that, it's a good laugh, depending on the song (he choose Timp Warp, the Rocky Horror classic) and loads of people were watching from the area...

If done well with decent songs (classic and well-known songs, not rap or unknown metal, as much as I'd love that :P), then yes this can work to a degree, but the prize idea is a bit silly in having to compete again at the end of the day, why not have a smaller prize for each show every day, can't be more than 4/5 per day, so that could work more...

Not that'll I'd rush to do it regardless of area, this will be a relative hit for Disney, especially if they use HSM songs (I feel so dirty for using HSM :()

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Woman Sues Disney World, Claims Ride Caused Stroke

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:09 am

ORLANDO, Fla. — A British woman is suing Walt Disney World, claiming a ride caused her to suffer a disabling heart attack and stroke in 2005.

Leanne Deacon and her mother, both of Kibworth, England, filed the lawsuit Wednesday in Orlando circuit court. They are seeking at least $15,000.

Leanne Deacon was 16 when she rode the Disney World-MGM Studios' "The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror" ride several times.

Shortly after one ride, Deacon's heart stopped and she had a brain hemorrhage.

The Deacons accuse Disney of negligence in the ride's design and operation. They say Disney failed to adequately warn of the risks or provide adequate safety restraints.

Disney spokeswoman Kim Prunty said the company hadn't seen the lawsuit. Prunty said the ride was working properly when Deacon rode it.

Link

Yeah it's Fox News, but it is still news.

The one good thing is that it sounds like the lawsuit is money for medical expenses instead of pain and suffering. While I doubt it was Disney's fault, I am happy to see that they aren't being greedy, and the only part that is bs to me is that there weren't enough warnings or adequate restraints.

Cubs/Colts Fan

Postby spaceace12 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:19 am

Lawsuit won't see the courtroom. Be settled out of court and the amount will be private. Even though Disney probably has the proper signage and they might not have paid attention, Disney will probably settle out of court. AS for proper restraints....what kind of restraint is on TOT? Seat belt? Another thing is what was the health of the two before the ride?

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:28 am

If all they want is $15,000, this thing will be settled out of court. I'm kind of surprised a lawsuit was even filed. Usually you negotiate first and if you can't come to an agreement, then you sue. Disney has to know that fighting any lawsuit will cost more then $15,000. This doesn't seem like it is happening in the right order or there is more to it then the money.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Menghini » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:57 am

The funny thing is that in my opinion "adequate" safety restraints don't prevent a heart from stopping or a brain from hemorrhaging...

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:01 am

Something just came to mind. If I ever happen to die on this ride, as part of the settlement, will someone please negotiate on my behalf to work my image into the hallway portion of the story? I'd appreciate that.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby schrubber » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:07 am

Even with more safety restraints there will be a minimal risk.

The girl should be happy that she survived this attack- and grateful that the Disney employees reacted fast enough so the doctors where able to save her life.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!