SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:41 pm

TheHulk wrote:Was just wondering, anyone know what piece of track was the very last to be installed?

Yes, it was the first piece past the mcbr, the first drop piece.
If you scroll down to the December 12 update you can see them hanging the final piece.
http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta7.html

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby PointeBreak » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:37 am

Wow. So going off this it truly looks like it'll be open by start of May, no?

The Lord is my Saviour!

Postby Rct3man777 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:31 pm

After seeing the pics of this coaster, I'm starting to wonder if Coaster Enthusiasts are actually starting to have a sexual coaster fetish... :P

"Eliza, shut up about this "cherry" you've been talking about for the last 10 minutes! I wanna have sex!"

Delicious & Refreshing

Update 1/31/09

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:53 pm

Today I had the chance to stop by Seaworld Orlando, not only to pay my last respects to the Hospitality Center (those photos can be seen here. It had been a while since I had revisited the attraction, having not seen it since the trackwork was still being done, so seeing the completed ride was definitely a treat. Now, much of the work is being focused on the landscaping of Manta's features and the theming of the station and queue areas. Work on several smaller stands or buildings has begun as well. Even the base/frame for Manta's wing dip splash effect has been formed. There is much to be seen!
IMGP9761.JPG
Much work has been done since my last visit...
IMGP9762.JPG
The train storage facility is complete and ready for use as the trains for Manta begin assembly for testing over the next month and a half (according to several managers with whom I spoke today).
IMGP9774.JPG
Manta is a great addition to the park's skyline which can be seen from all angles. It is quite different to see the ride from the second loop and airtime hill on Kraken as well.
IMGP9779.JPG
The second half of the ride is complete and awaiting landscaping.
IMGP9780.JPG
The concrete frame for the wing dip effect has been installed, likely to be revisited once the rest of the area's "ocean" is ready.
IMGP9781.JPG
A new building has been framed and is awaiting roof-tiling. I would assume that this will be a place for fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo rentals.
IMGP9782.JPG
Not much else has been done to the "action" part of the ride--at least not that we can see. Please note that the on-ride photo is at the bottom interior of the pretzel loop.
IMGP9785.JPG
The train storage facility and transfer track from overhead.
IMGP9788.JPG
Another new building frame has gone up, as seen here.
IMGP9790.JPG
An overview of the entire coaster from the Sky Tower.
IMGP9799.JPG
The station continues to receive plenty of attention as construction of the area's theming and landscaping continues.
IMGP9871.JPG
The new quick service location aptly titled "Pizza" (the former Smokehouse BBQ) will offer diners an up close view of the ride's "action section."
IMGP9875.JPG
Manta gracefully weaves in, out and around itself during the course of its run...
IMGP9876.JPG
Manta is also very close to Mama's Kitchen which features "Healthy Alternatives" for meals.
IMGP9879.JPG
The ride's station receives some additional framework (presumably for new theming), which will likely offer an extra "fly-by" moment for the riders.
IMGP9881.JPG
Interior work on the station continues as well...
IMGP9889.JPG
This ride truly is massive!
IMGP9893.JPG
This shot makes the flat spin look extremely long.
IMGP9910.JPG
I love "sun shots!"
IMGP9944.JPG
I'm sure that Seaworld's creative team is just dying to get testing started so they can see the beauty of their creation in real life.
IMGP9947.JPG
B&M-quality inversions--I'm looking forward to experiencing this!
IMGP9953.JPG
Something about this twisted mass of steel is just visually appealing.
IMGP9956.JPG
Rockwork has begun on the Key West side of the ride's station.
IMGP9962.JPG
This ride's location at the center of the park makes it a prime icon for the entryway and a visually highlighted attraction from any side of the park itself.
IMGP9964.JPG
Some of the station's architectural styles are becoming more visible as construction continues.
IMGP9974.JPG
Approaching the wing dip...
IMGP9978.JPG
Manta is sure to be an excellent addition to the already stellar thrill lineup at Seaworld Orlando... Summer 2009, here we come!
IMGP9985.JPG
Whether just entering or leaving the parking lot, Manta makes guests aware of its presence.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I have severe vegetarian

Postby CreditCrazy » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:56 pm

Wow, I'm glad we can really see the whole layout now. These are great pictures.

Manta really has an awesome layout. I love how right when you come out of the pretzel loop you go right into a turn and a twist. That'll be pretty intense. The colors look a lot better than I thought they would too.

Thought "Laser Snake Horse" was real.

Postby Speeddeamon128 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:58 pm

Another great update Adam. Will you film the ride testing?
2010 Coaster Laps: 342
-Behemoth/Ravine Flyer II Tour 2008, East Coast Tour 2008, West Coast Tour 2009

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:00 pm

^I will gladly film ride testing when they start--its just a question of when. If I'm there, I'll be filming it for sure! ;)

That will be a highlight moment for me in regards to this coaster...
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:03 pm

Does anyone have a picture of how the wing dip slash splash down area will work? I dont get the splash part and why there is a trench dug out. THe only thing I can think of is that the entire "occean" will we filled with rays and then the little area where it splashes down will be ray-free. Is that right?

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:07 pm

I dont think the "ocean" is deep enough for animals...and its just too much of a risk I think.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

I think the Title Fairy is a virgin

Postby Kalepi_Konei » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:38 pm

Is it just me or does it look like the "wing dip" spot should be placed closer to the track unless the wings of the ray curve because right now it looks like it's going to hit the concrete. :lolr:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!