TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

It depends what department you want to work in,

Rides:16

Games:15 with labor law restrictions.

Merchandise: " "

Food and Beverage: 15 with restrictions (you can only work the cash register.)

Park Services: I'm not entirely sure what the age minimum is for park services, but I think it is 16.

It depends what department you want to work in,

Rides:16

Games:15 with labor law restrictions.

Merchandise: " "

Food and Beverage: 15 with restrictions (you can only work the cash register.)

Park Services: I'm not entirely sure what the age minimum is for park services, but I think it is 16.

Dude, you forgot admissions and its 15.

^ yes i forgot about admissions.

^^it is and always has been 16 to do rides. It doesnt have to do with CF, it has to do with labor laws/restrictions. And because of those, in NC all roller coasters much have someone 18 or older in the drive position. In SC all roller coasters with a rating of "5" must have a driver be 18+. This means that a 16 or 17 year old can drive runaway reptar, fairly odd coaster, and thunder road. All other rides positions can have anyone age 16+ to operate.

I know that different states have different laws, I just assumed that the 18 for rides thing was a CF standard since it is 18 at Cedar Point, and yet there were 16 year olds at Kings Island last time I had visited there (Pre-Cedar Fair Purchase).

Interesting how they follow the differences between states, I would have thought they would just go by the more restrictive standards and made it uniform throughout the park.

-Gary T.

Here's a thought -

Now that the defunct Hard Rock Park is selling off its rides, I wonder if any of the rides would fit in the log flume site? How cool would it be to have the Led Zepplin coaster come to Carowinds?

If not that one, which one would you like to see Carowinds obtain?

Nah, not LZ: TR. If this ride is sold, I'd want it to go to a park where it could keep its theme, because it's theme has a big part in it. It coming to Carowinds would not fit. Not Eagles, they have a mine train, not SRR, they're good on kiddie/family rides, they pretty much gave SWW to HRP, so not that, then that just leaves Maximum RMP. I could see that fitting in the park, but I don't really think Carowinds needs it. They're good on family rides, now it's their turn to get a nice B&M Hyper or a nice Intamin etc. Not another no-big-deal ride relocated from another park. Plus, RMP has had a lot of problems, I wonder IF it'll even be sold.

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Charlotte, and my GP friends are going CRAZY about this coaster. They think its a state of the art, scary roller coaster; they also know exactly what they're getting. Charlotte citizens have seen the layout because there was a whole article about the coaster in The Charlotte Observer. So, everyone know's what to expect with this coaster, and they are very excited about it (GP wise)

Awww, bless their hearts. Moral of the story: Cedar Fair, just keep feeding this place used crap and they'll love you for it! Next up, you'll be receiving Shockwave from KD.

The thing is though, the public doesn't know that it is crap unless they have traveled else where and ridden other rides. This may be the first boomerang people in that area have seen and they are thinking "A ride that goes forward AND THEN BACKWARD! HOLY CRAP!"

^^ Boomerangs do NOT pull 5.2 Gs. Goliath at SFMM only pulls somewhere around 3 G's at its strongest point, which is the helix. I am VERY doubtful that Boomerangs are more intense than Goliath.

The invertigo models pull upwards of 5 G's while going through the loop on the reverse run.Sitting up front on two face(facing the top of lift #2) was a pretty intense experience when traveling through that loop in reverse.