TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...eventually cables there?

How many GCIs have you seen use cables?! What goes there is something not unfamiliar to the GCI twister...

That would be this (dead man ring/vertical beams?), right?

GCI uses both Roar at Six Flags America I know for a fact has both aircraft cables and the wooden style.

I for the first time rode Gwazi at Busch Gardens in Tampa and I loved both of the coasters. They also were my first GCI Coasters and I'm looking forward to Magic Mountains Terminator now. I loved how fast it seemed to travel and all the direction changes and sudden pops of negative G it gave. It was rough, but I have come to expect that with must woodys althogh I haven't ridden many Wooden coasters as I tend to stay on Steel, but i have much respect for this company because both tracks of Gwazi were great. Gwazi and Montu were my Favorites while I was there - January is the best time to visit Busch I found out, but now I'm headed back to good Ole So-Cal.

This ride is going to be so sweet. I cant wait to see it be built and eventually ride it! But like everyone said, hopefully it'll be maintained and maybe colussus will get some lovin' too!

That would be nice. Unfortunately, if this ride is a success, the lesson might be to tear down Colossus and replace it with an Intamin plug and play.

Okay, so maybe that wouldn't be so "unfortunate," but my point is that there isn't really anything in the Six Flags playbook to suggest that they might fix up Colossus. (Besides, they're the ones that messed it up in the first place. So fixing it would be admitting that they screwed up. And no one likes to do that. )

I was at MM a few days ago and Terminator isn't the only thing under construction right now. Swashbuckler has been completely torn down and they are either updating a newer version of the flying swings ride, or a new ride completely. if anyone has any information post them cause I'm kinda clueless about this.

^Swashbuckler has been down for quite sometime now (as with most other Chance YoYos) around the country. The only new development has been them painting the "tower" portion it that dark maroon/brown color.

I believe the manufacturer recalled some parts for all of them after that collapse last year.

Some comments about the Terminator construction:

It's not obvious from the Skytower photos but the slab slopes approx 15ft downhill toward the section of ride being constructed. The ride utilizes the lower terrain late in the layout in order to get an extra "boost" of speed. The lead-in to the section being constructed should surprise people.

The guys are moving swiftly on bent construction. Of a total of almost 500 structural bents, they have built well over 300 pieces. The only bents that remain in the engineering office are the transfer and station constructions, as well as the first drop combination structure, and the lift hill. The lift hill has three different sections of track piercing through the structure so we are making sure of the clearances and "properly" shifting boards to maximize the sensations of headchoppers, etc. Each of these are low-to-the-ground, fast stretches of track. Two of the three passes will have elements unique to the Terminator coaster.

Looking forward to visiting southern CA once again

The photos show the majority of the right-hand "speed" curve and a few bents of the bunny hop that reverse direction from right to left. Following this bunny, the riders will progress into a low left hand turn similar in elevation with the run-to-the-lift bents. The train will climb upward into a final pop of air over the fly-through exit and into a 180 left turn>brakes.

edit:

I just re-read this and it's a bit confusing. In simpler terms:

Undulating right turn > Undulating left turn > Brakes

Hey Joe.Out of curiosity, how much more dense than other GCI coasters does Terminator have to be because of earthquake regulations?

Also, I didn't see all the concrete brackets in the ground when they poured the concrete. Were they installed post slab, or did I just miss something? Also, did you drill the concrete and add lag bolts to attach it, or did you use a Hilti sort of concrete gun/driver and hard attach it to the concrete?

Guy "This thing is already looking awesome!" Koepp