Theme Park Review's 2008 Asia Tour!

Epic Asia Tour Re-Cap Update! Page 87!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Postby hamu86 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:52 pm

Seriously, I don't understand why you people continue to visit that park.

kayoss wrote:
Noxegon wrote:The worst thing is that I've still not managed to ride Fujiyama despite three visits to the sodding place, so I'm going to have to visit on my next Japan trip. Fortunately I have an exit pass from when it broke down on my last visit... I wonder if they'll still take it :)

As someone who has actually tried just this, let me just crush your dreams now: the operator actually laughed at me at called me "baka" for even suggesting such a thing. The indifference they treat their guests with is just further proof that the operations are in fact intentional, and is the hype that keeps the place packed.

I only received a raincheck once, and they allowed me to use it on a later visit without any problem. This despite the fact that I am myself rather on the "baka" side of things (evidenced by my poor choice in employers and the precipitous drop in my income over the last three years).

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:21 am

hamu86 wrote:Seriously, I don't understand why you people continue to visit that park.

You cannot argue that if someone is a coaster enthusiast and going to Japan for the first time, you kind of *have* to hit Fuji-Q no matter how much it sucks at least *try* to get some credits in.

If I wasn't taking tours of people to Japan, I wouldn't go. On the trips to Japan we made on our own, I don't go anywhere near that place. I visit Japan because I think it is the most amazing country with the best culture in the world and Fuji-Q is the polar opposite of everything I love about Japan.

And even though I forewarn our groups of how terrible the park is, the past two trips have proven to be WORSE than we warned people about.

The park and their operations speak for themselves. If the place didn't suck, you wouldn't have so many people not connected with each other or each others visits share the exact same story.

I'd say for every 20 horrific visit stories I hear one good one. And my experience so far has been three strikes. And that really speaks volumes to me.

--Robb

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:09 pm

I think it's safe to say, that F-Q could be called the Ultimate Negative Endurance Theme Park in the world of Theme Park Review?

Meaning, it has credits to get, some definite stuff there in terms of non-coaster stuff, lol. But it's a real test for most of us who go (or have gone) there.

Just a question. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby therooboy » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:57 am

Agree with you Rob.
On my only trip to Japan i experienced excellent service & to the minute transport everyday .....except when i visited Fuji Q.
I actually like the park & its coasters, but Fuji Queue it is.
Anyhow i queued 3 hours at the end of the day for a 3rd ride on Eejanaika, risking missing the scheduled return bus, but i had a feeling from my day it would be late & it was ...40 mins.
It summed up my anti-Japanese culture day experience.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Cool Coaster

Postby expeditioneverestfan » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:26 pm

Looks like a mini-maverick. Did anyone else noticing the track changes at the bunny hills. Look at about 1 minute or so into the video.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:47 am

Next Stop on the TPR Tokyo Tour...Hanayashiki!!!

This is one bizarre, but AWESOME park! It's smack in the middle of the city (in the Asuska area) with some amazing looking temples and street markets surrounding it.

The park itself houses the "Oldest coaster in Japan" as well as some other cool, messed up, awesome attractions. It's one of those little "gem" parks where you have to try to see and do everything!

We must now look at photos...

Here we are arriving at Hanayashiki...looks innocent from the front, right? This park was amazing! It was like the Bon Bon Land or Klotten of Japan!

Pretty gardens, looks good so far!

First up was the "Roller Coaster", and this one is the oldest in Japan built in 1953.

TPR Gang is ready to roll!

The park manager tells us these trains are brand spankin' new! And they look it!

Although they aren't kind to long legs! =)

It's ok Dave, I'm sure you've been in rougher positions! :D

Here is what the oldest coaster in Japan looks like!

In very much the "Blackpool fashion" you can see how the rides and shops are built on different levels to help save space.

Japanese Fun Fun Ride!

The park is plopped right down in the middle of the city! (I just really wanted to use the word 'plop')

Here we have a look at the rest of the park. Yes it's small, but it's some quirky awesome fun!

First drop! Can you guys take it?

The faces of joy!

Yay for the oldest Japanese coaster tunnels!

It almost looks like you're going right under someone's house!

On one side of the street, some random buildings, on the other side, Japan's oldest coaster!

"We love the ride....but we can't feel our legs!"

Still nowhere near as old as Jeff Johnson!

Religious experience on the Space Shot or bowel movement...you decide!

"Ok, quick...everyone do your best 'scanners' impression!"

The rotating house was a bit...um.... "cozy?"

Next up was the "Sit around the table in the dark and listen to weird stuff being pumped into your ears" attraction.

The camera flash reveals that in the dark, we all make really dorky faces!

"Hello, I'm the funny blue troll monster. Please come inside my maze torture and insanity."

But first, RANDOM BOOBS!!!

The maze of wackiness including passages made for Oompa Loompas and random hanging foliage.

That's a lot of rusty steps!

MUST! GRAB! BOOOOOOOB!

"I'd say she's at least a D-Cup."

"GRRR!!!! I'm ANGRY lion guy...GIMME SOME CANDY!"

Like I said, Dave has been in worst positions! =)

PUSH...DAVE! PUSH!!!!

OMG! Now there are two of those hideous creatures!

Um...what...is.....THIS?

OMG! OMG! OMFG!!! WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?!?

PEE CAM!!!!

I think it makes sense to transition from little boy fairy peeing on passers by to the crepe lady...yeah.

Ok, forget the crepe and the lady...I WANT YOUR DOMOKUN!!!!

"I'm CRRRAAAAZZZZZY EVIL MCP LOOKING DARK RIDE HEAD...GIMMME SOME AMERICANS!"

Yo lady statue, wassup?

Not even sure what to say here.

It's one of them rock-n-roller rides...in the shape of outer space!

"You know what goes good with a wacky park like this? BEER!"

Just outside the park are some awesome Japanese buildings.

Japanese temple-looking thing..CHECK!

And a HUGE street market is here also. The whole area was awesome!

Cube fans, rejoice!

The entrance to the market.

Godzilla Sperm?

Dear Hanayashiki! TPR says "THANK YOU" for having one of the most awesome bizarre parks in the world! (And special thank you to Takashi for helping us out!)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:10 am

Hanayashiki is a very cool little park, even if I did shatter both on my kneecaps on the rollercoaster there back in '07. The walkthroughs are awesome.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby kayoss » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:21 am

At least you all now know what the 'violent urinating cherub' I mentioned forever ago finally looks like! ;) I told you Robb!! :D

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:12 am

I actually remember that from a caption contest on Cracked...

http://www.cracked.com/craptions/archiv ... y-2008/777

It's these awesomely messed-up downtown parks that make me want to visit Japan the most. That and everything else awesomely messed-up.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:44 am

That was the first park I went to in Japan. Fun little park and the place where I found out how good crepes were. I wish I had a little more time to spend in the market and the picture of the shrine in the evening is awesome. Japan is a country I could visit every year!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!