Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

Complete Media Day Coverage - Photos & Video - Page 1
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:48 pm

January 17th, 2009 Update!

So I get a call from GCI yesterday "Terminator has gone VERTICAL! Go get pics!" And of course since I always do what I'm told, I now bring you a new Terminator construction update! Yes, the ride is now vertical! YAY!!! I'm told that about 70 bents will be in place by Monday and a lot of progress is going to happen very quickly. We will continue to update on a regular basis now so check this thread for more updates!

Here are the photos from today:
"Please excuse our mess - the Governator will be arriving soon!"

Ahh, looks like one of the older structures at the park, the shooting gallery, has been removed to make way for...OMG...what is that I see?

YES! Terminator has gone VERTICAL!!!

Makes you wonder if these structures may not be around much longer now that we know a Cold Stone is going in at the front of the park and there has been the hint of new bathrooms on the horizon.

This view will once again have a wooden structure behind it soon!

Bents started going up on Friday, and here is what has been done so far.

As you can see, it's Saturday, and bents are still being put up.

They put this one in place while I was here taking pictures.

Ahh, those little blocks of wood make great merchandise! Just stamp the Terminator logo on it and you've got something that every coaster enthusiast will buy just like Holiday World and other parks do! (hint, hint) One man's left over wood is a gold mine to coaster geeks!

Internet world, meet Mr. Small Crane...hopefully we'll see his cousin Mr. Big Crane in some future updates.

Another shot of the OMG VERTICAL CONSTRUCTION!!!

These guys are just waiting their turn.

More Popsicle sticks.

Yup, the back area of the park is looking wooden again!

And now...all the photos you just saw...but from the SKY TOWER!! Oooooh...

Hmm...bents being prepared to go up, or alien spaceship landing spot...you decide!

That's a LOT of popsicle sticks!

I like how it just looks like a "pile of bents" just thrown there! LOL! (We see you nice and newly painted Deja Vu!)

Here's a nice overview of the vertical construction, the alien landing pad, newly painted Deja Vu, the pile 'o bents, and lots of popsicle sticks.

GRRR!!! A spaceship had landed and taken off and we *just* missed it!

Goodbye shooting gallery! Hopefully this area will eventually be the new entrance to the Terminator ride. I think that would be awesome!

You can really see how much room is already opened up and how much more room could be created if the other two buildings came down.

Hmm...eventually cables there?

Another overview. As you can see the ride is going to be BIG!

And finally, one last look at the progress. I have a feeling that we'll see a lot of work by next weekend!

And yes, Deja Vu looks GREAT!

Not much activity here.

We see you Riddler's train!

It's nice to see that the Sky Tower museum is still looking great!

If you know what coaster this is and where it currently is operating, email Dan the answer! mrt0ad13@aol.com

We like the more flags, more fun guy, but who doesn't miss Mr. Six?

Still have a bit of work to do on the Q-Bot area. Looking forward to this getting done! That's it for the update this week! We will have more photos of Terminator's progress next weekend.

And remember that we are also putting the photos in our Park Index as well:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/ph ... inkid=4166

Until next week...thanks for reading!

--Robb

My transgendered dreams have come true!!!

Postby Mr. Starr » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:56 pm

Yay! Finally! Hope to see more progress soon!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Evan1127 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:06 pm

robbalvey wrote:Hmm...eventually cables there?

How many GCIs have you seen use cables?! What goes there is something not unfamiliar to the GCI twister...

Thanks for getting the photos, though. A GCI Twitter update may be in order. :)

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby BuschSchoe » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:08 pm

Nice update Robb.

I poop golden school busses

Postby astroworldfan1 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Thanks for the update Robb! Deja Vu looks simply amazing! Terminator looks like it'll be an awsome ride!

-Tatum

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:35 pm

The fact that multiple people have been ejected from different Intamin rides with T-Bars should be a hint to Intamin that they need to either completely redesign the T-Bar, or come up with a system to prevent the ride from dispatching if the bar is not in a safe position (and make sure all installations are modified).

They already have that.

Regarding SF vs. Intamin: From what I have gathered, there was definitely some issues. They were none to pleased with S:TE. And rightfully so. But that happens with every theme park company out there. You hire a vendor to do something, you feel they haven't met their end of the deal, and a battle ensues. Disney, Universal, SF, Busch, and CF all have to go through this. But that's just business. If Intamin puts in the best bid for any future projects, I doubt SF is going to turn them down.

SFNERules

Postby SFNERules » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:17 pm

SupermanFan wrote:
robbalvey wrote:Hmm...eventually cables there?

How many GCIs have you seen use cables?! What goes there is something not unfamiliar to the GCI twister...

That would be this (dead man ring/vertical beams?), right?

Tatsu Ate My Homework!

Postby sixflagsmagicmountain » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Thanks Robb, great update! I'm so excited now that it's gone vertical. Can't wait to go see it for myself.

We like the more flags, more fun guy, but who doesn't miss Mr. Six?

I miss Mr. Six :(

Donkeys are my way of life!

Terminator

Postby alexinla » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:03 pm

Great pics!

Although I dont think they would remove the restrooms, maybe remodel but this area will see a lot more traffic and the closest restrooms will be either by goldrusher or Tatsu area, both of which are quite a walk

I play Metroid every day!

Postby Kennyweird » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:06 pm

The only reason I'm paying any attention to Terminator is because I'm interested in seeing just how a wooden coaster is constructed.

Nevertheless, it looks like it will be a great ride, and Robb's frequent updates will make sure we don't miss a bit of construction.
This is my signature. Deal with it.
Kennywood Rides Team Member- Racer/Skycoaster
Coaster count: 67

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive