THE BIG MIKE ROAD SHOW - 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY PICS ON PG 769

THE 1ST TPR TRIP EVER STARTED 10 YEARS AGO TODAY!!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Wisconsin Dells Fanatic

Postby traincrossin » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:42 pm

Final 2? NO WAY! Good luck in the final round Team Thriller. Thanks Big Mike for such an awesome game and awesome reports from parks all over the country. I cannot wait for more. =)
13 - Gatekeeper
14 - Millennium Force

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby STR8FXXXINEDGE » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:59 pm

Even though I was out of the Ducky Contest running's a few games back, I still like to play along.
That last ducky that was in the birds mouth totally slipped by me.

Congratulations Team Thriller & traincrossin!

TPR's Friendliest Guy

Postby Big Mike » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Hello Friends!!!!

To all The Valuable Big Mike Readers, Have a safe and happy New Year!

Talking about New Years, included in this report is a sneak peak at Times Square setting up for New Years Eve, along with some special events, the two shows I saw this week, a tribute to the friends that have come to visit Big Mike in NYC, and Robb and Elissa's names up in lights on Broadway!!!

To starts the report off though, the 2nd scheduled stop on the California Tour of Big Mike's Road Show was Train Town.

The park was open, yet the coaster was closed. I did not add this to the front page or the total parks visited number due to the fact that I could not supply The Valuable Big Mike Readers with a quality shot of the coaster.

Thus, not to short change the readers but to bring as much info as possible, the park did not count but I will post what I saw anyway.

I hope everyone enjoys!!!

Peace, Big Mike
077.JPG
Train Town in California!
079.JPG
Yay! Welcome, Train Town is open!
088.JPG
Boo, the coaster is not! Why?
078.JPG
The prices.
080.JPG
I did not ride the train as a form of protest.
083.JPG
Extra locomotives.
081.JPG
Other rides at the park:
082.JPG
085.JPG
084.JPG
Only the front of the park was open, so this was as close as a picture I could get of the coaster. Just means another visit to the Coaster Palooza Hotel!!!
006.JPG
Back in NYC this week! You can see there are 3 days left until New Years Eve and they already have the speakers up for the celebration and it is almost 12 o'clock!
005.JPG
Your first view of the 2009 sign under the ball.
018.JPG
It was a great day to come into NYC, as it was Good Riddance Day, where you could shred your bad memories of 2008!
014.JPG
Big Mike chose to shred all the Big Mike Road Show 2008 Haters that spewed all thier negativity at the hard work and dedication Big Mike made to entertain and inform everybody.
013.JPG
As soon as the press heard all about The Big Mike Road Show, they had thier top story of the day! The AP news was one of 4 interviews Big Mike gave!
016.JPG
It was the big moment when Big Mike shredded the Haters and all the cameras converged to cover the event...
015.JPG
Big news in the Big City for Big Mike! I just wish someone was there to get a wide picture of the swarm of cameras that surrounded Big Mike at that moment! My camera could not get them all!
007.JPG
While in Times Square, Big Mike used some of his pull to thank Robb and Elissa for ANOTHER year of die hard dedication to making this site the BEST THERE IS out there for Theme Park websites and for being GREAT friends!!!
009.JPG
Of course, Big Mike's name up in lights on Broadway with a picture of two hot babes on his arms was a good touch too.
020.JPG
It was not all fun and games though. Every time Big Mike visits NYC now, he remembers the fun times shared with the good friends that have come to visit so far. I miss Rick :( ...
033.JPG
... and I miss Renee :( ...
041.JPG
... and I miss Brian, but I got a pretzel to cheer me up right before taking this picture!!
035.JPG
Now that I was in a cheery mood again, I went back to visit the place I now only call "Our Spot"
036.JPG
I can still vision Renee standing there with her cute pink hat and scarf. Great memories!
024.JPG
The matinee show I took in was "Equus" with the Harry Potter dude. I liked it. Can you see anything strange about his body in the picture???
028.JPG
The show was about him and his nightmares about horses. If you look at his body closely, it is actually a horses head. I never noticed it until I saw the show because I was more excited to see the totally naked female lead, which I did from front row center in the orchestra for a GREAT view!!! I admit I did sneak a peak at Harry Potters weiner also.
031.JPG
Between shows, it was nice to walk in NYC in late December at 6pm and have it be SIXTY FOUR degrees!
040.JPG
The evening show was My Sinatra, which is an obligation to see if you are from New Jersey like Ol Blue Eyes.
042.JPG
The Empire State Building was in holiday colors and ice skating was a big hit.
049.JPG
This was in Briant Park and very crowded. I will wait for the holiday crowd to leave and skate at Rockerfeller Center instead.
032.JPG
A special EXCLUSIVE picture of the back of the ball drop.
050.JPG
That's it for now. Just snapped a picture in a totally random place to wish everyone a fun and safe New Year's Eve and a fantastic 2009! Peace, Big Mike

ONLY 22 COASTERS LEFT IN THE USA TO RIDE!!!

COASTERS RIDDEN: 1,309

PARKS VISITED: 447

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:57 pm

oh yeah mike that last picture was %100 random. :lolr:

Great Update

Final Destination Guy!

Postby Goliath513 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:07 pm

Train Town is roughly 10 minutes away from my parent's house where I am staying during the holiday break. I still do not have the credit there. Too bad I didn't know you were going, and I could have had an excuse to get up there - even though it was closed during your visit.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby printersdevil78 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:38 pm

1. Train Town looks awesome! My girlfriend's 4-year-old daughter is a train fanatic and would love it there. Heck, *I* would love it there!

2. They're bringing back "The Electric Company"? OMG!

3. I'd be willing to be anything that the Sinatra tribute was 1,000X better than Harry Potter dreaming about horses. That just sounds... "weird" isn't even the word.

ODS Drummer

Postby Crazy4Coasters! » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:05 pm

As always envy runs through my veins while reading BIG MIKE'S R.S.
May you have a wonderful New Year and I'll still keep my fingers crossed for some Big Mike charm in 2009. ::P
-Josh
ImageImage

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

TPR's table shuffleboard pro

Postby Coastinmiller » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:18 am

Happy New Year's Mike, but no fantasy update??

I Love Donkeys!

Postby ukpete » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:32 am

Happy New Year to Big Mike and all the valuable Big Mike Readers.

I'd like to thank Big Mike for his thread being the reason I took the plunge and joined TPR and also the thread where I am making my first post.

thanks and best wishes from the cold and foggy UK>

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:42 am

Happy New Year, Mike! What were your thoughts on My Sinatra? Myself, being a huge Sinatra fan, I usually cringe at the thought of anyone attempting to impersonate the man. But I've heard a bit of Cary, and it's honestly not too bad for what it is.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!