TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cruising with Theme Park Review 2008!

Cruises are incredible - Looks like you guys had a great one. That ship is huge!

Oh, and Elissa, you're not the only one to get stuck on a zipline. I ride one where they had the Olympic bobsledding in Salt Lake City (Crap, SLC means two different things! ) And I stopped about 100 feet before the end. And when I asked the guy how often it happened, he said not very often. LOL...I'm not the only one anymore!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm--contrast your location with mine. Looks like blue skies, temps in, what, the 80s?

Here, at Lake Tahoe, it's been snowing, the temperature was 1 this morning. Not exactly zipline weather.

Looks like an awesome time to be in a ship on the Caribbean.

I'm not sure where at Lake Tahoe you are, but Heavenly Ski Resort does have a zip line made by the same company that did the one in Haiti and from what I have seen, you have a beautiful view of the lake on the way down. However if you aren't skiing at Heavenly, you have to pay to take the gondola from South Lake up the mountain and then pay to ride the Heavenly Flyer. Its easier to just add the price of a ride onto a lift ticket I think.

Yeah, were not sure what we want yet. We just know that we want to go on a cruise, and go to Disneyworld. We'll just decide when it gets closer to spring break. I'll keep what y'all said in mind when we decide though.

One question before I forget. Is there things to do for the entire family on the disney cruise, or is it just things for kids? We are taking our whole family, and I want us all to have fun.

There is a lot to do. I went on a Disney Cruise in like second grade, but we know people who do them all the time (we prefer royal Caribbean, because they go everywhere) but my friends have done them recently and so have my grandparents. There is tons of stuff to do, my friends saw a bunch of new movies, a comedian, a hypnotist, and full stage shows every night.

My main suggestion is if you have young brothers or sisters(like between 5-8) make sure they have autograph books and stuff, because on the last night all the characters were there, and me and my sisters were the only ones without an autograph book.

If you want to go to Disney World and cruise, Disney can't be beat.

Our next stop was Jamaica Mon!

Today’s excursion of choice is the “Canopy Tour” and no we aren’t going to buy ceiling tile from local shops we’re going to fly through the trees at 50MPH!

“I like it when the Jamaican men adjust my helmet strap.”

“Give me all your money! Just kidding mon! HA HAAAA!!!”

Ahh, the bug spray safety sign. I love this part “DO NOT SPRAY DIRECTLY ONTO FACE!”

“YO YO! DJ Woman in da HOUSE!”

So here we are wandering around a jungle in Jamaica. This is the part where load us into a truck, kidnap us, kill us, take our money and eat our flesh!

Um, guys, I was ONLY KIDDING!!!

The last picture you will ever see of any of these people.

Ok, well they didn’t kill us, but we have to go through these series of intense zip lines or they’ll rape us until we die.

Is there any better kind?

I just want to point out that the zip line harness make EVERYONE look sexy!

Except for Joey!

JUNGLE ZIP LINE POV!!!!

Now it’s time for some video! Check out our video from the canopy tour:

[tprtv]http://themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=canopy640[/tprtv]

OW! MY BALLS! Ooooh! MY BALLS!!!

Um, it’s not the zip lines I’m worried about, it’s these platforms with the 30 foot drop off!!!

“Hi Ladies! My name is Joey…if you want someone who can under promise and over deliver than I’m your man!”

“Hey world! Check out my ass!”

MORE JUNGLE POV!!!

Wow, that zipline has a LOT of give!

BUFFFEEEETTTTT!!!!!!

Why so serious???

Much better!!!

Wait…what’s going on here?!?!?

After the tour is was all the Red Stripe and Jerk Chicken you could possible swallow!

Aww…where is Joey supposed to go to the bathroom?

Kirby: Why do they put ice in the urinals?

Kevin: It tastes better!

NOTED!!!

I suddenly feel a LOT thinner!

GIANT MAN BOOB WARNING!!!

We survived Jamaica! Ok F**kers! Back on the boat!

“You guys suck! You went ziplining while I sat here in the kiddie pool!”

“Dude, don’t even put that bowl on my head trying to make me think it’s a zipline helmet! Nope! Ain’t working!”

Steal my bucket and I will KICK YOUR ASS!

Have we mentioned that the art collection on the boat is um…. “odd?”

Tonight was “formal night” with Prime Rib, Lobster, yum!

“Dude, it’s ok! It’s beef not ham!”

Pictures of Dave shoveling food in his mouth are even better when he wears a tie!

Even Domokum and Ice Bat got all dressed up!

Yum! Top Sirloin Steak!

“Ok, which of you wants the first bite?”

Elissa loves licking balls!

Sure is!

And we’ll end with a lovely little gift that Russell gave to Robb! This is called “Santa f**ks a cruise ship!”

Amazing the things you can find in port!

Anyway, hope you liked the update! Be sure to watch the video. Next up will be an hour of ERT on the Flow Rider!!!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

You guys are so LUCKY!!! I remember when I went on the worlds largest cruise ship "the voyager of the seas" which is now no big deal. It is standard, although, the indoor ice rink was still pretty awesome. Anyway, your pictures are awesome and Kidtums looks pretty pissed in the kids pool LOL.

Thanks for the pics

You guys are so LUCKY!!! I remember when I went on the worlds largest cruise ship "the voyager of the seas" which is now no big deal. It is standard, although, the indoor ice rink was still pretty awesome. Anyway, your pictures are awesome and Kidtums looks pretty pissed in the kids pool LOL.

Thanks for the pics

Voyager of the Seas is still one of the largest cruise ships in the world FYI. At around 135,000 tons it is only slightly smaller than Liberty of the Seas.

Thanks for some more great pictures Robb. You guys sure seem to love your ziplines.

“Hi Ladies! My name is Joey…if you want someone who can under promise and over deliver than I’m your man!”

Best caption ever! Alana & I were rolling!

Also, is it just me or are Elissa's boobs bigger? Cause usually black clothing slims and hides. But in this case, they were accentuated. The WCB logo never looked better. Robb, did you knock up your wife again?

Guy "Nothing gets by me. " Koepp

Ah... I hope someone did the "Surf and turf" thing with dinner...

You did mention that you were attempting to lose weight BEFORE the cruise, right?

Yeah, some of us did the surf n' turf. I personally don't like seafood so I didn't have it.

And yeah, I dropped about 20 lbs right before the cruise which I totally needed which I'm pretty sure I put most of it right back on!

--Robb