Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Been Around The World And Realized Only Stupid People Are Breeding"

Postby packfanlv » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:34 pm

It looks like Six Flags settled the lawsuit out of court.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... QD94JHQL00

US teen who lost feet on ride settles lawsuit

4 days ago

LOUISVILLE, Kentucky (AP) — A U.S. amusement park has reached a settlement with the family of a Louisville teen whose feet were severed after an accident on a ride last year.

Kaitlyn Lasitter was 13 when a cable broke as she was riding on the Superman Tower of Power at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom in June 2007. Doctors reattached her right foot, but were unable to save her left one.

Kentucky Kingdom spokeswoman Carolyn McLean said Friday the settlement will provide lifetime care for Kaitlyn, but terms are confidential.

Calls to Kaitlyn's father and the family's attorney were not immediately returned.

A state report blamed a faulty cable and a ride operator's slow response, but officials say there's no way of knowing why the cable snapped. The ride has been dismantled.

My small thing speaks for itself

Postby AllenA07 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:10 pm

Not at all surprised to see that this got settled out of court.
--Allen

"Been Around The World And Realized Only Stupid People Are Breeding"

Postby packfanlv » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:24 pm

This is by far the best thing for Six Flags. In another article on the subject, it was written that the family knew that the process was going to be long and drawn out with multiple appeals, so this was the best conclusion for them. I'm glad to see that the family is satisfied, but this is still such a tragic and unfortunate story!
I write about how to travel the world for pennies on the dollar at Miles To Memories!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:24 am

Sorry I had to dig up this topic.

I sent a message concerning Twisted Twins coming back this summer and This is what they sent me.

Ken,

Thank you for your comment and interest in Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. Unfortunately Twisted Twins is not part of our 2009 plans at this time. We are still looking at the area for possible expansion in upcoming years. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me at pshortridge@sftp.com. Have a wonderful Holiday Season. We look forward to hosting you during our 2009 season, opening day is set for April 25th.

Have a great day!

I got that in about 12 hours from when I sent it and it is great they are being honest about it(something Cedar Fair is lacking). While I am disappointed since I will be in the area next year for Diamondback and all. I will still visit SFKK and again when the twisted twins do reopen.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby coasterperson » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:59 pm

I could of swear that jay Thomas was president of sfmm :shockr: this is a really big surprise for me :omg: i never knew that he was president of sfkk

Cubs/Colts Fan

Postby spaceace12 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:32 pm

He was President of SFKK before being moved ot SFMM.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby monsterfan99 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:23 pm

kidcoaster 2 wrote:Sorry I had to dig up this topic.

I sent a message concerning Twisted Twins coming back this summer and This is what they sent me.

Ken,

Thank you for your comment and interest in Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. Unfortunately Twisted Twins is not part of our 2009 plans at this time. We are still looking at the area for possible expansion in upcoming years. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me at pshortridge@sftp.com. Have a wonderful Holiday Season. We look forward to hosting you during our 2009 season, opening day is set for April 25th.

Have a great day!

I got that in about 12 hours from when I sent it and it is great they are being honest about it(something Cedar Fair is lacking). While I am disappointed since I will be in the area next year for Diamondback and all. I will still visit SFKK and again when the twisted twins do reopen.

Well, that saved me a trip there. I want to go, but want to wait until at least one side of Twisted Twins is running to justify a 6 hour drive each way.

Elissa's Instincts Are Strong!

Postby steel » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:38 pm

WOW old thread. Just pointing out that I went to SFKK maybe two months before TPR and it was far and away the worst experience I've ever had at a park. The staff was slow and rude, the lines were slow, the park was dirty, and there was no shade anywhere except a corner of the back of the park. I'm sorry, but I would absolutely hesitate before setting foot in the park again.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:34 pm

^ That's too bad to hear. When Jay Thomas was GM in 2007, the park had really transformed into the best I'd ever seen it in any of my visits since 2000. Now that Jay moved to Valencia, I guess SFKK is reverting back to its former self.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:09 pm

^He must have caught the park on a bad day, because it really isn't as bad as he described it...

Granted, the park isn't in as good of shape as it was in 2006/7, it's definitely not horrible by any means.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!