Mitch Hawker's Wood & Steel Coaster Poll 2008

Woodie Results In! T-Express #1. See Page 22
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby texcoaster » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:47 pm

^Vortex at CW is one of those coasters that just blew me away, even in the daytime. It was exactly the opposite of anticipointment for me, since I've never been a huge fan of KI's Top Gun. The layouts are the same, so I was basically just riding Vortex for the credit.

It instantly justified all those "just for credit" rides I've wasted my time on. You keep opening the oysters until you find the pearl, right?

OMFG, that thing was amazing! The terrain worked so much better than Top Gun's, the speed was unbelievable, and it was so intense! I never expected that kind of thrill from an Arrow suspended... hell, from an Arrow, period!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:54 am

Hey everyone!

Don't forget to take Mitch Hawker's Wood & Steel Coaster Poll! Only *FOUR* DAYS LEFT to submit a ballot!!!
http://www.ushsho.com/bestrollercoasterpoll.htm

This time around it's BOTH Steel and Wood! Mitch's poll is, IMO, the *ONLY* coaster poll that really takes everyone's opinions into consideration and gives fair and accurate results.

Even if you have ridden only 5 wooden coasters or 100, please be sure to vote in this poll!

If you need some help filling out the poll, we have some easy to follow instructions here:
TPR's Idiot's Guide To Mitch Hawker's Wood Coaster Poll

I cannot encourage everyone enough to vote in this poll!

--Robb

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby haux » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:13 pm

I might try the grouping method next year. For now, I still give each coaster a ranking, though I group a few together when I can't decide where exactly to place them.
I am out of ideas for what to write in this signature box.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby angryemobeaver » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:26 pm

Wayyyyy to confusing for me. Why can't it just have a list of all the coasters and you rate the ones you have been on?
I have a hard time ranking coasters so here are just some of my favorites
|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Voyage|Shivering Timbers|Goliath SFOG|Fahrenheit|Banshee|Mystery Mine|Cornball Express|Cheetah Hunt|

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:28 pm

^To avoid people like you voting!

Controlled by a sentient spreadsheet...

Postby Divv3k » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:30 pm

I just submitted both my ballots. It's taking me longer and longer to fill these out every year. That's a very good thing! It's interesting to look back at all the new stuff you've been on in the past year.

I look forward to seeing the results.

Postby haux » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:40 pm

angryemobeaver wrote:Wayyyyy to confusing for me. Why can't it just have a list of all the coasters and you rate the ones you have been on?

But that is what this poll is. You rate the coasters you've been on. What else would it be?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:45 pm

angryemobeaver wrote:Wayyyyy to confusing for me. Why can't it just have a list of all the coasters and you rate the ones you have been on?

I don't understand what is so confusing about this. Follow these EASY steps:

1. Copy/paste the ballot into notepad
2. Delete the coasters you haven't been on.
3. Put a Y in the first row of each coaster.
4. Put a Y in the second row if you rode it THIS YEAR.
5. Rank accordingly

HOW IS THAT CONFUSING?!?!?!?! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

If that is too much to comprehend then it's actually better that you don't vote. IMO, the poll data is "cleaner" with people who understand the ballot than people who can't figure it out and screw it up.

BTW, it just took me about 15 minutes to complete my wood coaster ballot using the good 'ol fashioned text note pad method and I have 161 woodies to rank!

FIFTEEN MINUTES!!!

People, this is NOT HARD!!!

--Robb

EDIT - My god, I just saw that you've only been on 20 wood coasters! Your poll should take about 45 seconds to fill out. Seriously! How can you not figure this out??!!?

Postby haux » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:25 pm

Angryemobeaver, visit this site. It makes it much easier. You just click a box for what you've ridden then arrange them in order by dragging them in the next screen.

Try it. It's not that hard. Don't let the e-yelling get you down. This poll is really good, but it can be intimidating the first time. I skipped it when I first heard about it because it made no sense, but after I tried it, I saw the error of my ways.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby angryemobeaver » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:46 pm

haux wrote:Angryemobeaver, visit this site. It makes it much easier. You just click a box for what you've ridden then arrange them in order by dragging them in the next screen.

Try it. It's not that hard. Don't let the e-yelling get you down. This poll is really good, but it can be intimidating the first time. I skipped it when I first heard about it because it made no sense, but after I tried it, I saw the error of my ways.

Thanks, that is what i was looking for. :)
I have a hard time ranking coasters so here are just some of my favorites
|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Voyage|Shivering Timbers|Goliath SFOG|Fahrenheit|Banshee|Mystery Mine|Cornball Express|Cheetah Hunt|

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!