Mirabilandia Discussion Thread

P. 99: 'Ducati World' themed land coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Vid_w » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:37 pm

The video is really nice looking!
The coaster also looks really sick...
A 55m tophat, followed by a large airhill, and than some really small S-hills, and a completely insane, way too fast roll...
I hope it won't have to be taken out, like Maverick's...

EDIT: Btw, was this supposed to be the official announcement?
Didn't they say, they would announce it today?

Postby Vid_w » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:39 pm

Sry for the double post, but today, Mirabilandia made the official announcement!

http://www.miraforever.com/

Here's the official article...

and here's the same article translated into english:

We publish the press release issued by the park at TTG 2008 in Rimini:

Wonderland closes 2008 with satisfaction - In 2009, accelerating from Formula One with "iSpeed"

Al-TTG TTI di Rimini (24-26 October) the amusement park on the implementation of the 2008 season: visitors and budget unchanged compared to 2007. From March to October sold 550,000 overnight stays by park + hotel package - In 2009 investment of 15 million euros for iSpeed, rollercoaster with acceleration from Formula One for a full adrenaline - Opening of the 2009 season on April 9.

Same visitors in 2007 (2 million entries) and a slight increase of 1% of net sales (equal to total 52.4 million euros).

Concludes with satisfaction in 2008 for the Wonderland Park, which at the 45esima edition of TTG games and 8 edition of TTI di Rimini (24-26 October) presented the budget of the season just ended.

A difficult season in terms of tourist visas to the holiday calendar is not particularly favorable, the weather pattern altalenante June (with no less than 10 days of rain, then redeemed by the extraordinary performance in July and August) and the shadow that the economic crisis the country has drawn over the summer. Thanks also to the Reset (10 million), the new attraction opened in 2008, the park has been able to meet public expectations, while staying competitive side.

Excellent again this year for the initiative "the day after entering free and stay for the package park + hotel (which offered, starting from 44 euros, 2 consecutive days at the Park and a night at the hotel at 3 stars) that has involved about 300 hotels in the Riviera Romagna. Much as 46% of the visitors withdrew the bracelet for entry of the second day and were sold 550,000 overnight stays (+10% on 2007).

Regarding the origins of the public, in 2008 the proportion of holidaymakers in Riviera entered the park has dropped compared to last year, 5 points (from 30% to 25%), while local visitors were up one point (from 21% to 22%) and the percentage of visitors who have chosen Wonderland as the final destination is increased by 4 points (from 49% to 53%).

Now the park is already working to the great attraction of 2009: the new rollecoaster "iSpeed", which will rise to the post of Sierra Tonante, the historic wooden ottovolante the park. The attraction (for which there is an investment of 15 million euros), will be entirely focused on the speed and Formula One and "promises" a lot of adrenaline. Its cars, thanks to the launch magnet, will be "fired" with an acceleration from 0 to 100 km / h in 2.2 seconds (the last Ferrari California employs less than 4 seconds [the Bugatti Veyron employs 2.5]), a 55 meters in height, touching peaks of 120 km per hour. In addition to investment for the new attraction for 2009 Wonderland of 3 million euros in communication.

The 2009 season will open officially on Thursday April 9.

Looks like it opens on April 9th!
Yay!

I also found this:

(Thanks to niko007 from Miraforever.com)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby matteocrepaldi » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:02 am

April 9th... they are talking about the park. The coaster will open later.

Postby Vid_w » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:49 am

Sooooo...
Any news on this one?
It's been all quiet for almost a month now...
Did they start building yet?
:|

Postby matteocrepaldi » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:47 pm

I live 100 miles from it but I've no money and time to go and see it myself but from what I heard they have moved around some dirt and placed some footers.

Postby Vid_w » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:45 pm

Well, there have been some construction photos posted on Miraforever.com...

http://www.miraforever.com/

Well, from the pics, I can only see some footers being placed, and nothing else really...
No track to be seen anywhere...
=/

Oh, and I have absolutely no idea about what the text above the pics says...
Anyone know Italian?

Postby matteocrepaldi » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:57 pm

It says that the construction for the new coaster has began a couple of weeks ago and that they are working on the foundations of the ride.

It's nothing amazing but at least it's something.

It doesn't say it in that article but they removed part of Blue River to make more room for the coaster.
m001.jpg
Blue River is that blue slide you can see in the bottom of this picture.

Happy Magic Water Cube

Postby Jds03 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:48 pm

RCDB says it's using LSMs and not hydraulics. That's sort of interesting.... I guess electromagnetic launches are making a triumphant return! I remember when everybody thought hydraulics were the new age of launch mechanisms...

It'll be neat to see how this turns out, and if Intamin will continue using LSMs or go back to hydraulics.

Postby Vid_w » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:24 pm

^^They removed a part of blue river?
Wow, this ride is going to be bigger than I thought!

So, they removed the two slides closer to Sierra/iSpeed or what?

Postby matteocrepaldi » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:44 am

I'm not 100% sure about this but I think they removed part of Blue River just to have a bigger entrance for the trucks.
-

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!