TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...

Although there's been no official announcement as to what the park will be receiving for the 2009 season, some regular park visitors spotted some lime green Morgan track behind the abandoned K-Mart building near the park. From what I've heard, the park is replacing all the Arrow track from the crest of the lift hill to the small portion of the second drop which is still Arrow. There's also been some talk that the length of the straightaway might be shortened and the degree of the approach lessened, but like I said nothing has been confirmed for sure yet. All we have is this picture of the track.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/AML402/mylocalthemepark/coastertrackkw101808.jpg

There's also some other chatter about some other changes coming to the park, such as a return of an old favorite ride, but nothing has been confirmed by the park yet.

Yes, the Bayurns Kurve cars have been receiving rehab throughout the summer and there was some talk that it would be rebuilt at one of the Kennywood Entertainment parks this season. Although it's not completely confirmed, there is a good chance it will reappear at Kennywood next season.

Anything to improve an already great coaster is a welcomed sight!

The BEST thing they could do is extend the series of bunny-hops at the end to make it a little longer. Those hops are great, but extremely short.

However, redoing the first drop and part of the second seems like a logical choice. The first drop is the only part of the ride that is border-line rough IMO. Although most of the ride's Arrowness will be gone if this is true, that is not neccessarily a bad thing

There's also been some talk that the length of the straightaway might be shortened and the degree of the approach lessened

I believe that the "Second Bank" markings may refer to the bottom of the first drop. Smoothing out the bottom of the first drop along with re-banking the bottom of it would position it right over those markings.

Odd little tidbit, the original plans for that straight-away was that Morgan was going to put a bunny-hopper in there, but then it was scrapped, noting that the speed would be reduced, and KW didn't want that. Wonder if they're actually going to put this in after all, since the speed wars are pretty much over in this type of a coaster.

Just a thought.

There's also been some talk that the length of the straightaway might be shortened and the degree of the approach lessened

I believe that the "Second Bank" markings may refer to the bottom of the first drop. Smoothing out the bottom of the first drop along with re-banking the bottom of it would position it right over those markings.

Those markings have been sitting there since the beginning of the season and are now heavily faded. I sincerely doubt they have anything to do with the re-tracking.